July 22, 2014 | 1052 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this conditioner has let me down. It smells beautiful (like fresh, ripe bananas) but it does nothing for me or my hair. It does not detangle, or moisturize my hair - if anything, I feel that I have more tangles than ever and that my hair feels quite straw-like after use. The top of my back is also breaking out, which seems to be strongly correlated to when I started using this shampoo/conditioner duo...I'm wondering if this is these products are to blame? I wish it would have worked for me, but no dice. I won't be repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by keetagirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this conditioner. It keeps my color treated, fine hair that is slightly dry at the ends in great shape. I also love the scent. Back in the day, women used fresh bananas to condition their hair. It's still a tried and true recipe. I love that this conditioner washes out fully, never leaving any dulling residue. I also love that the fragrance lasts. It's not so much the banana scent that lingers as it is a fresh fruity note. It's not overpowering, in other words. I use this as my stand by condish and I really love the price. I bought 3 bottles for $10. You can't beat that!! However, the packaging could be improved upon. It's difficult to squeeze because the plastic bottle is not flexible. In my shower right now is a half full bottle with a big dent in it. That being said, the packaging problem isn't a concern, just a bit inconvenient. I love what's inside too much to stop using it. It's really conditioning and sold at a more than fair price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Flashpua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh. I bought it because it was there. It doesn't untangle my hair that well, it smells nice at the beginning...kind of a weird texture though, with that and the smell I felt i was actually spreading bananas on my hair. Just a regular conditioner, any magic.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Generic conditioner with a great banana fragrance and that's about it. It does nothing for my hair. My hair does not feel conditioned. Ive been using this only after swimming at the gym to use it up. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if I'm "using it wrong" or something! - but I HATE this conditioner! I've stopped using conditioner for a month now and my hair looks better than it did with conditioner, (weird?), but I decided to just try this out (with the shampoo) to see if my hair would be shinier and softer - wrong - opposite result, my hair was frizzy, flyaways eeeeverywhere, very dry (blame the shampoo, too), it just didn't work for me. The consistancy of this was runny and watery, it felt as though it slipped off my hair, but I'm not too picky about that. The smell, yuck, but I'm not picky about smells, I just want the product to work, screw the smell. I don't know what to do with it now... (my hair texture is normal by the way)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

Washing my hair is usually a chore since it's so long and thick, but this conditioner actually makes it enjoyable. It smells like banana popsicles and since it contains real banana puree it feels like I'm putting a smoothie in my hair (which oddly is a good thing) and it just soaks right in. It's ten times better than gooping on some thick chemically conditioner that either causes breakouts or doesn't produce results. It makes my hair soft and smooth and I love everything about it, including the pretty packaging. I paid $8.99 for 8.4 ounces. I don't mind paying a little more for good quality products, and this one is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkpixy2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The trick to this amazing conditioner is to run it under a hot tap for about 30 seconds, it makes the consitency much thinner and easier to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ending up returning this product. Sure it smells absolutely YUMMO - like sweet banana lollies and I love the thick banana puree texture and colour of it. Full marks for product presentation. But in terms of its performance, I'm not blown away. Lets face it, this is extremely expensive - $18 for a piddly 250ml bottle. Even high end salon brands are cheaper than that. So for that I would expect exceptional results. It is good, but not fantastic. But the main problem was that I seemed to have an allergic reaction to it - my scalp went red and would flake like crazy after using it. Never had that reaction to a conditioner before. Back it went.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by vitaminas

This smells nice in the tube, but has a really odd smell when I put it in my hair (syntethic like). It doesn't do anything special for my hair, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

This is a pretty good conditioner. It's not my most favorite, but it's a fun product.
It smells yummy, like a banana smoothie from Jamba Juice or something. The smell typically lasts a few hours on my hair.
I only gave it 3 lippies because I feel, conditioner wise, it's rather middle of the road. I like that it doesn't appear to have any silicones on the ingredient list, which is good. It's made up of very simple and natural ingredients.
However, the consistency is very thin, and I typically prefer richer conditioners. I find that I need to use A LOT of this conditioner in order to get results. The first time I tried it, I used a typical amount, but found that it left my hair looking as if I hadn't used conditioner at all. Now I use about two medium sized palm fulls and it works a lot better.
It does make my hair soft, shiny, and healthy looking, but I don't really like the fact that I have to use so much of it. They don't really give you a lot to begin with, so if I were to use this everyday I would go through it crazy-fast. And the thing is, I have long fine hair, so I can only imagine that people with super thick hair must use this stuff like water.
Due to the amount that I have to use, I consider this conditioner a special treat for my hair, rather than a daily conditioner. I only use it on occasion so that I don't run through it too quickly.
It's a fun specialty item, and I would probably repurchase it at some point. I'm definitely glad that I bought it, since it's somewhat rare and the Body Shop doesn't always carry it, but it's not my HG conditioner.