November 24, 2014 | 1785 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by carolinewknight

I used to use this when it first came out in the 80's. There are not many true banana-scented products on the market and this has always been the exception. It works well as a conditioner and leaves my hair feeling and looking soft and shiney but most of all smelling delicious. The fragrance does last for a little while too. I like the shampoo aswell and I'm glad they brought these two products back. These and the Ice Blue Shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a silicone-free conditioner because i recently started co- washing... This is a fine product, not the best I have tried (still looking for that!) but decent enough to buy again. Like most body shop products, it smells amazing. Straight from the bottle and when you first put it on your hair smells of bananas, but when you rinse it there is a WONDERFUL banana-vanilla smell lingering on your hair all day (at least if you have dry hair like me!).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by jeckapah

Banana-rama! I love this fruity conditioner, with banana puree as a second additional in ingredients list. It's so banana, more yellow than the shampoo, looks so natural and smells perfect!

The effect itself feels ordinary, that's why I give 4 stars. I don't usually use conditioner, I give it a try with Banana Conditioner, and my hair feels soft and supple. But not really upgrading something about my hair.

I love the packaging since it's 100% post-consumer recycled plastic! Love TBS!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this conditioner has let me down. It smells beautiful (like fresh, ripe bananas) but it does nothing for me or my hair. It does not detangle, or moisturize my hair - if anything, I feel that I have more tangles than ever and that my hair feels quite straw-like after use. The top of my back is also breaking out, which seems to be strongly correlated to when I started using this shampoo/conditioner duo...I'm wondering if this is these products are to blame? I wish it would have worked for me, but no dice. I won't be repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by keetagirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this conditioner. It keeps my color treated, fine hair that is slightly dry at the ends in great shape. I also love the scent. Back in the day, women used fresh bananas to condition their hair. It's still a tried and true recipe. I love that this conditioner washes out fully, never leaving any dulling residue. I also love that the fragrance lasts. It's not so much the banana scent that lingers as it is a fresh fruity note. It's not overpowering, in other words. I use this as my stand by condish and I really love the price. I bought 3 bottles for $10. You can't beat that!! However, the packaging could be improved upon. It's difficult to squeeze because the plastic bottle is not flexible. In my shower right now is a half full bottle with a big dent in it. That being said, the packaging problem isn't a concern, just a bit inconvenient. I love what's inside too much to stop using it. It's really conditioning and sold at a more than fair price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Flashpua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh. I bought it because it was there. It doesn't untangle my hair that well, it smells nice at the beginning...kind of a weird texture though, with that and the smell I felt i was actually spreading bananas on my hair. Just a regular conditioner, any magic.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Generic conditioner with a great banana fragrance and that's about it. It does nothing for my hair. My hair does not feel conditioned. Ive been using this only after swimming at the gym to use it up. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if I'm "using it wrong" or something! - but I HATE this conditioner! I've stopped using conditioner for a month now and my hair looks better than it did with conditioner, (weird?), but I decided to just try this out (with the shampoo) to see if my hair would be shinier and softer - wrong - opposite result, my hair was frizzy, flyaways eeeeverywhere, very dry (blame the shampoo, too), it just didn't work for me. The consistancy of this was runny and watery, it felt as though it slipped off my hair, but I'm not too picky about that. The smell, yuck, but I'm not picky about smells, I just want the product to work, screw the smell. I don't know what to do with it now... (my hair texture is normal by the way)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

Washing my hair is usually a chore since it's so long and thick, but this conditioner actually makes it enjoyable. It smells like banana popsicles and since it contains real banana puree it feels like I'm putting a smoothie in my hair (which oddly is a good thing) and it just soaks right in. It's ten times better than gooping on some thick chemically conditioner that either causes breakouts or doesn't produce results. It makes my hair soft and smooth and I love everything about it, including the pretty packaging. I paid $8.99 for 8.4 ounces. I don't mind paying a little more for good quality products, and this one is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkpixy2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The trick to this amazing conditioner is to run it under a hot tap for about 30 seconds, it makes the consitency much thinner and easier to use.