October 22, 2014 | 2011 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by treehugger030

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! My hair is a natural auburn colour and this conditioner just enhances it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Sasquatch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lifesaver! I botched a highlighting job very badly and ended up with blonde roots and orange ends on my dyed brown hair. I colored over that with a semipermanent medium warm brown color, which helped some. I saw during a frantic Google search that someone recommended Clove conditioner to tone down highlights, so I went out and bought a bottle. I used a previous poster's tip about leaving it on dirty, dry hair for 20 minutes or so, and I have to say, this stuff WORKS. My hair is still noticeably lighter in places but it's no longer orange and the pieces blend together. I'm getting my hair repaired eventually - dyed back brown - but will continue to use this conditioner to boost the color. It's lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by cat357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's amazing!! I have natural red hair that goes a bit too orangy in the summer from the sun, after using this my hair is left a gorgeous red-brown colour. And it makes it so soft and shiny. I leave it on for hours and even overnight...be careful though it does stain towls etc. I try not to shampoo too often and use a very mild one as you do lose colour then. Overall definitely worth the money! Lots of very positive comments on the colour!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by nikkola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although this color was too warm, it concealed my bad blonde highlights nicely. It is a warm, auberney brown, and my natural color is a very cool medium brown. I can't afford to fix these cheesy bad highlights now, so I am happy that i can at least blend everything together. Very good product, but I wish there were an option for my color from Aveda.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by sassy513

The BEST color enhancing product for brunette hair out there. This literally blows any drugstore enhancing product out of the water (including brunette suave, brillliant brunette, sunsilk, Pantene brunette expressions). I apply the Clove conditioner to wet hair, put on a shower cap and leave on for as long as possible, close to 15-20 minutes. After rinsing and drying, there is a noticable, just stepped out of a salon look to my hair. Although it only lasts through a few shampoos it is definetly worth it for a quick enhancement for a night out. ;)
FYI: rinse shower completely and wash hands with soap as it will stain if not careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jancombe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, I read the reviews on this product and am very pleased with the outcome of using this wonderful conditioner! I have light brown hair and do get it highlighted every 6-8 weeks.....i wanted to go a little darker and make my highlights less blonde and more auburn or light brown.. I was hesitant to try this because I heard it did make hair darker and I have had hair disasters in the past..I left on for 3 minutes (the directions say 2-5 minutes or longer if you want darker results).....THIS WAS JUST PERFECT ! I highly recommend it not only as a beautiful auburny brown color but also as a conditioner, it made my hair shiny and full! I love it and will definitely buy again and again! Thanks AVEDA!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by bitesize

Holy cow this was a lifesaver. I have naturally dark blonde hair with medium and light blonde highlights. I'm going through a poor period and decided to use a color depositing shampoo (sunsilk, and not even the auburn one!) to try to take away some of the edge of the blonde, but it turned my highlights orange. Like I tried to dye my hair with koolaid, orange. It was ghastly. Thankfully I found this (which is what I wanted to begin with, but was trying to save even more money). I washed out the orange as best I could, and applied this for 30 minutes. I was left with naturally colored light brownish/hints of honey hair that I actually got compliments on. Phew. That was a close call. HG all the way!! I heard this was being discontinued but I really hope not!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2007 6:47:00 AM More reviews by aleciasmom

This conditioner didn't leave my hair all that soft. It worked fair but the smell is horrible and the color of it is such a pain. It stains the shower walls if you get it there accidentally.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by tara1218

I am trying to save money and extend the time between coloring. However, my medium brown hair tends to lighten up and get brassy after several weeks. Also, now that my hair is darker, the grays are starting to appear more quickly. I tried this for the first time today, used as directed, and love it! My hair feels like it was just colored, soft and smooth. The brown is blended and toned and the grays, while not completely gone, are muted. Next time I will try to leave on a bit longer. The salon told me to use just once a week, but it is going to be hard not to use it more often!! Paid $16 for 8 ounces, but if it continues to work this well, it is more than worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by julesk83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never been compelled to review anything before, but this conditioner is amazing. My blond salon highlights came out way too high on my brown hair...after one use of this, the color is completely blended and beautifully warm.