August 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Delphi373

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok....the KEY to using this is to use VERY LITTLE. I repeat...very very little. To give you an example of how little I use...I simply dab my finger in it - brushing it lightly on top so as to get a thin film of color on my finger. Than I apply. If I find that wasn't enough, I repeat the process. But if you use a lot...or use it like a normal concealer getting a thick amount and spreading it around, you'll be sorely disappointed. Also, as these are solids, and you want to apply it smoothly...make sure it's warm. If they're cold they won't spread right. So warm it on your finger first. If your hands are warm it increases spread-ability and makes it much nicer to apply. These are heavily pigmented. I have the Palette Number 5 and use the salmon color to cover a dark blue area under my one eye which decided to appear out of nowhere a few years ago and never disappear (ahhh the joys of aging! lol) and this is the ONLY thing that covers it. To make things even I use it under my other eye too. Then I dip my finger in the lightest skin color on the far left (you might choose the other one depending on your skin color) and go OVER the salmon with this. The coverage is perfect. Oh! I forgot to add...beneath ALL of this is my usual concealer (which is a liquid from Almay). Now this may sound like a lot of product, but I'm a minimalist, and I assure you, it's not. The amount of salmon I use is minuscule, as well as the pale concealer on top - as these colors are so pigmented you need VERY little. They are slightly (and I say slightly) oily once on, so I find a very fine dusting of powder over them seals it all in nicely. But remember, use a TINY amount...otherwise it'll look cakey and horrible. The green is great for red spots (green cancels red) - the salmon for blue (orange/red cancels blue) - there is an orangey color in the middle I have yet to touch but it might work well for under-eyes too I'd imagine. Totally recommend this product for those with heavy/dark circles under their eyes and are just tired of looking tired!!! :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by JoJOJOjoJO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this palette. I picked it up at IMATS, but would not have paid retail for it.

I found it easy to use, and I liked that I could custom blend the shades. The only shade in the palette that I haven't used is the darkest one.

It covers really well! I also find it blends easily, using fingers or a brush. However, a couple of hours afterwards, it will have caked and oxidized on my face. In the oily areas, as well as the dry areas.

It's too bad, really.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Kristina1444

Okay... I really don't even know about this one. I saw some of the youtube guru's raving about this on their channels and I wanted to give it a go. I was using L'oreal true match concealer thingy and I really wanted something different. I bought the no. 1 palette a week before christmas so I've had for 2 weeks now I guess. I even used my freakin' beauty insider coupon on this because it was so damn expensive. The packaging is nice but it can get alittle messy but whatever. Soooo basically in the two weeks I've owned this I've tried numerous ways of application. It totally did not work by applying with a concealer brush. Eff that. The concealers in this palette are dry to me. I have dry skin and yeah... if you don't know how to work with this product it's going to cake up on your face. So I tried warming it up with my fingers and that was alright. I ended up SITTING on the whole damn palette (closed of course) and warming it with my bum to put it on my face and ya know what.... IT WORKED lol! And I think it worked better when I actually took the steps of completely moisturizing my face, putting primer on and then using the concealer palette because sometimes I just skip the primer 'cause I'm lazy or in a rush. Meh. Overall I guess it works to cover up spots and redness on my face. I'm still on the fence about this one and I'm debating on returning it to sephora and just cut my loses hahaha. It really is difficult to work with especially if you're in a rush or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by SummerTwice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was breaking out so bad and was left with crazy ugly scar on my T zone. One of the staff actually suggested me to get one of the concealer to cover everything up. I was torn on getting either the liquid concealer or the cream version one. I took this one instead.

For like more than RM80 for a pot of concealer color, I decided to just carry on with the palette as it help with saving the money haha.

# I apply the green colored one first then I put like a beigy colored concealer that they have one the palette and just blend the edges. Wow~! It covers really well, you can still see the scar but its not as visible and I got lotta compliment whenever I put this on.

# Using the peachy color that the Number 1 palette came with, I apply it under my eyes and its kinda correct the bluish tone of dark circle I have - Making me look fresh and awake!! Super happy bout that

The only thing with this though, I found that it doesnt last as long as I like it to.. I cant use the lighter color coz its too light and too creamy for eyeshadow base =/ Erm... I dont know, maybe next time I'll just repurchase the pot one, you know. We'll see.. But anyway, great concealer. Get it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by glamourcheck451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, this product failed to be anything close to what it claimed. I purchased this product believing it would be my very first creamy, blend-able and flawless concealer. I was wrong. Even after heating on my fingers I still found that the concealer was to cakey and dry to blend smoothly into skin. And the end of the day I could see that the concealer that dried under my eyes in a small patch. Super!
I bought this in No. 1, the palette containing the green and peach counteracting colors. Instead of rating this product a 1 I give it a 2 as the pigmented peach does an excellent job of erasing dark circles, though there really is not much benefit when it just dries up in the end.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by selfishfrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I really liked this palette (until I became more picky). Most of all I used peach and beige tones. But the peach was too yellowish for my under eyes. The coverage is very heavy ad cakey.
I used this palette for almost 2 years and unfortunately the palette dried out. I rarely used 2 light tones and very rarely green, but my peachy and beige shades are only halfway and I would have used them. Shame that it dried out so quickly. The palette works the best for the face only, not for the under eye area. Itís too thick and heavy and makes the fine lines show up.
Itís such an expensive product to throw out in a year with 2-3 shades practically unused.
I will not re-purchase.
2-3 color palette is enough for my face (there are variety better options and less expensive) and a separate hydrating under eye concealer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by FacciaBella5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok I used to use the mac concealer in the little pot. I liked it even though it could be alittle dry sometimes but it was making me get these little white things under my skin so I stopped. I decided to try this one. It is def more creamy than the mac and I like that you have diff colors to chose from.If I run out of the color I use all of the time, I just blend two others together to make my perfect color. I have the one with the green color witch is for red spots. I guess it covers them kind of but it shows up green lol Not crazy about that. Also it doesnt cover as well as the Mac. It's much sheerer. It can look alittle dry sometimes and settle into fine lines also. I think its too expensive for not the best coverage. Some of the colors go to waste also bc I can't use the colors. I wouldnt buy again. I'm still on the search for the best under eye concealer :( any suggestions inbox me lol

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

I am giving this product a 5 even though I really only use one color in palette - the darker salmon color. It miraculously completely covers my horrible undereye circles! Nothing has covered as well for me as this color, hence the 5 star rating. I would repurchase the salmon color if that were an option. It does not cake or settle in lines, and very little product is needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by sassysarahlovesmakeup

I have all of the concealer palettes, I agree, they are not the best for the under eye area, I use them to cover clients blemishes, its buildable coverage

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is great, i have this concealers in #1 and #2, it is ligther in color, but it also range from fair to slight tan. this palette have 5 color all together and it allow you to max and conceal all that you want. However, it is not a full size concealer, but you do not need a lot at all, just a little goes a long long way, it is creamy and light on your face.