October 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first serum from Olay,also second product from this brand.I had the european version,here in my country(Germany) we dont have the fragrance free version,only this one.This is enough gentle becouse ,i did apply it under eyes too and didnt had any trouble.
This is great for summer time,i like how silky gets my skin,also i love the niacinamide,very calming and soothing for my skin.
I dont like how u cant get the last drops becouse of too short pump,for me it was imposibile and still have 10% of the serum left in bottle.
Also this was imposibile to wear under my foundation.Just one time i had the curiosity to apply this serum and next foundation and i was shocked.The serum made a siliconic film soo strong that i had areeas where it simply couldnt apply the foundation.I try it with fingers,brush,sponge and finally i used thermal water from avene and remove it.From then i use this always before bed time.
I dont find any bad side ,or bad effect after i used the entire bottle.I still like it even if is imposibile to wear it under foundation,but i dont mind,i prefere ss anyway.
Becouse i like to test new products i already got a new serum,the 3zone serum also from Olay.
For moment i will not buy again the Regenerist serum,maybe later for summer time.I forgot to say how great is this with oil control but i think is doesnt matter too much for the reason ,i dont wear this in day time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by sophiedee

I have used several bottles of this product over the years, and would recommend it to others. It is a good serum over all, and the fragrance free version is the best for sensitive skin. It's a bit pricey, but I think compared to department store products, it's still affordable. The only downside is the pump; it doesn't reach the last third of the product. I have to remove the pump to try and get the last of the product out, which is messy and annoying. It might be worth mentioning that the star ingredient, 'niacinamide', does not degrade when exposed to air or light, unlike other cell communicating ingredients, so I'm still getting the benefits when I open up the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

I wanted this to work under my moisturizer but it made my skin breakout on my chin and forehead. It also caused dry spots on my cheeks. I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, pretty expensive for a girl living on student loans. I actually got this off my sister, and I used to be a 'I'd love to love serums' because I knew it was potentially more potent than a general moisturiser but all the one's I've used either started out good but eventually broke me out or just did not work at all. This one, during the week I used it I noticed it rapidly helped my blemishes and pigmentation heal! I use it alone at night or sometimes if I feel my skin needs an extra boost I'll pair it with No7 Protect and Perfect Night Cream.
The only downside to this is, that even though its more hygienic being in a pump dispenser, it's difficult to get all of the product out of it (which you want since it's not cheap at all).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by purrbox5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. The first time I put this on, it made my face feel baby soft & smoothed my complexion almost immediately, almost like a primer. I haven't used it in a while as I've been using other brands, mostly Avon & Neutrogena but I'd definitely buy again just for the way it made my skin feel & look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've read so many positive reviews about the Olay's Regenerist line in general bcoz of the Amino - Peptides it contains , I gave this a shot... Walmart had the lowest price of $ 18.99 for this compared to Target , Walgreens and C.V.S...

When i applied it , Wow it Went on Smooth and Absorbed into the skin immediately and Smelt Good ( Not so Strong , just right ) ... After like 10 -15 mins , I felt like touching my face again to check how soft it is , it's Velvety smooth...Love it

It has a higher concentration of amino - peptides ( for Anti - aging ) , Vit B3 , Good amount of Green tea anti - oxidants ( to fight free radicals that can damage the skin ) and some other good ingredients

But i'm not buying this again for 2 reasons...1. It contains Parabens 2. I'm gonna try either Olay's Regenerist Micro - sculpting Cream or Serum...They've got much better ingredients than this...

Tip : People who are using Olay Regenerist Micro - Sculpting Cream , U can go check Olay's website for the perfect application tips and to obtain it's maximum benefit .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Every few years or so I end up with coupons or 2 for 1 deals and buy a bottle of this, forgetting that the last time I bought it, it did absolutely nothing. It does have a nice silicone-y smoothing effect, but as for moisturizing or reducing lines or regenerating anything, nada. And the fragrance is rather strong and perfume-y. The plastic pump bottle is a nice size and shape, light weight, pump twists closed, but as someone else mentioned, it is impossible to get the dregs out of the bottom. It just clings there looking like rubber cement and the pump tube isn't long enough or stiff enough to scrape everything out. For the temporary 'cone smoothing effect, I'd rather just use a primer. If you want to give this a shot, do wait for it to go on special or for your drugstore to give you a coupon for it. Then it's not too over-priced.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Aveeno discontinued my favorite serum ~ Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum. I had been using this product for almost 5+ years and then it suddenly disappeared when they launched the $40 Positvely Anti-Aging System. I would have paid the $40 for the anti-aging system if they had included my favorite serum. Now, I was forced to seek out other alternatives. I tried the Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Serum. A great product, but far too expensive during these hard economic times for the amount of product you receive.

After researching MUA, I broke down and decided to purchase Olay Regenerating Serum. It has the same consistency as the Aveeno product, and a little does go a long way. However, it leaves my skin feeling slimy and it smells like something a man would wear. Now, I find out there is a fragrance free version. I am in the process of ordering two bottles from drugstore.com, because they have a sale going on. Hopefully, I will like the fragrance free product better. Stay tuned for an update on the fragrance free serum.

Can anyone recommend a serum that is under $20? If yes, please send me an email. Thanking you in advance for any/all assistance.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't do anything to my skin. I didn't notice any changes at all. I used this at night under my moisturizer. It lasts a long time, one pump was enough to cover my face. I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Rainey1

I would describe this product as alright, at best. It feels good going on and never gave me a reaciton like most products do, but I have found that the Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate is giving me better results, so I won't be buying again.