July 29, 2014 | 1783 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

this is a serious multi task pigment. flattering on ALL skin tones. will always re-buy <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Photogirl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best purchases I've ever made! I love it because it's so versatile -- I mainly use it as a highlighter on my cheeks, but it can be used as eyeshadow, mixed into lotions, tons of other uses. It makes a beautiful cheek highlighter! Adds a beautiful warm glowy look to my face and it lasts on my skin all day.
One of the pros is that a little goes a LONG way. One of these will last FOREVER! The only thing I don't like about it involves the packaging: the cap is kind of awkward to close and you have to be careful to close it correctly otherwise it will spill everywhere.
So glad I bought this! If you're looking for a great highlighter and all-around glowy color with warm undertones, vanilla pigment is a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kimchichick

I didn't see many reviews explaining in detail exactly WHY Vanilla is a great colour for medium to dark skins as well, so here it goes.

As claimed, Vanilla goes on goldy-white on fair skin. It's confusing because that is the same description for colours like Ricepaper, Dazzlelight, etc which can oftentimes look too stark for the darker hued population. I have medium to tan Asian skin so I can make them work but I keep feeling like that oomph factor is missing.

This is where Vanilla comes in (with a magic wand). The secret of Vanilla lies in that it is SHEER upon blending. It is SUPER pigmented and white when you apply it, but once you start blending it out, it "loses the lighter particles", leaving this gorgeous orange-gold sheen on darker skintones. Anybody can make this work for them as it mashes very well into your own colouring. It's one of the few chameleons out there that changes colour once you rub it in your skin. It can also be used to highlight the top of the cheekbones for that golden J-Lo glow.

I've tried to look for a dupe, but everything is just too white, too yellow, too pink, too orange, or too brown. This is the best highlight shade I've ever found. Will repurchase when I run out!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this in a swap from a generous swapper- it is the first MAC shadow/pigment I have ever used. I LOVE IT. It is a beautiful highlight color. It actually looks, on me, like it has gold undertones, which is lovely. Such a versatile color, I may actually buy this! Even though I think it's rather expensive, I am not used to paying a lot for eyeshadow. Anyway, it's lovely. A reviewer below mentioned mixing it with your foundation to give you a glowy look! Interesting, I may have to try that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty!!!! beautiful highlight colour for the cheekbones, & inner corner of the eye that lasts all day & isn't too shimmery, yet not overly subtle. Very feminine, yet still allows you to be a head turner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! I can't say enough good things about it! For the longest time, this was my go-to for eye makeup. I used it for everyday and for going out. And what's even better? You can use it for just about anything on the face! It can be used for your lips, as a cheek highlight, and to even add a little sparkle to your foundation. And $19.50 seems like a lot, and it probably it, but this will last you a long long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is a lot like my Make Up Forever star powder in irridescent white. I have the one with orange undertones. The staying power of both is excellent, however the MAC is a better value as you get more product for the money. The only thing is I hate the container. The MUFE has a very well attached sifter to prevent spills. I can just see my 8 and 11 year old daughters sneaking to play with this and one mishap and it's spilled everywhere.

I swiped both on my hand and was surprised to see that the MAC was much frostier than the MUFE. I love both since there are so many uses for such a basic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MissMary2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this pigment. I use it as a highlight for brows, cheeks, bridge of my nose and cupid's bow.
Would buy again if I ever run out...which probably won't happen any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by aamugirl

I love this pigment. It definitely has many purposes- brow bone highlight, cheek bone highlight, lid color, or mixed in foundation. Love the color and the pigment will last forever because you only need a tiny bit. Best MAC pigment.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by babydoll777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FOR REFERENCE: I'm a brunette with dark chocolate eyes and fair skin.

I bought this pigment mainly because I saw a lot of girls on YouTube using this to mix with their foundation, tinted moisturizer, or just moisturizer to achieve a dewy, glowing effect on their skin - As an all-over facial luminizer. I bought it (its $21) and just by looking at it from the pot, it looks a bit boring; like a cream/white with minimal ivory-gold shimmer. Here's what I did though and let me tell you, I was very happy with the result:

1) Get a moisturizer lotion/cream (with SPF) that you like. I use any random sunblock, don't really have a favorite one at the moment. Squeeze out a nickel-sized amount on the back of your hand (make sure your hands are clean by the way).

2) This next step you'll have to be careful because of the stupid packaging (hence the reason why I took a lippie off; details below). Use no more than 1/4 of a teaspoon (you don't want to look like a disco ball, do you? lol) of Vanilla Pigment and mix it with the moisturizer.

3) I use my fingers to apply, but you can use a brush if you want. Personally, I think I have better control with my fingers. Apply this all over your face and you'll start noticing this GLOW. Like you've just got out of the shower! Pretty, dewy and fresh!

4) If the dewy look is a bit too dewy for your liking, you can always use a light dusting of powder foundation to tone it down a bit. I have combination oily skin so I have to powder up; otherwise, I look too oily (especially my nose) throughout the day.

5) (Do this step only if you want the true color of Vanilla Pigment to show) Now for the final step for a beautiful glowing complexion. I use my ring finger and pat and blend some Vanilla Pigment along my cheekbones, some on my cupid's bow and in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten up my face.

The result: healthy-looking skin with an angelic soft ivory golden touch on the eyes, lips and cheeks. I would wear this on days when I'm going out for a walk on the beach because it just catches the sunlight so beautifully.

Of course, there are many other uses for this that you can do, like... sprinkle it over your nail polish, mix it with lip gloss, mix it with body lotion, the fantasies never end with Vanilla Pigment lol. I've never used Vanilla Pigment in those ways so I can't say anything about that.

Whenever I'm in a hurry, my favorite way to use Vanilla Pigment is mixing it with my Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream, which has a lovely satin finish. I suggest mixing this pigment with satin-finish foundations rather than dewy-finish foundations if you have combination oily skin with a very oily nose like me. If I have spare time, I brush some pigment along my cheekbones and dab some in my tearducts and on my cupid's bow.

I love almost everything about this pigment except the freakin' stupid packaging. Seriously, I spilled this twice and I nearly lost the whole product because I'm clumsy and I tend to drop things. MAC should really change the packaging of this, seriously. Why not have a sifter? That would be a lot easier for me and then I would've given it 5 lippies if it weren't for the - GRR!!! packaging!

UPDATE (12-22-11): My makeup "style" is sort of changing right now; I use gold-toned makeup too much so I don't reach for this as often. I'm actually putting it up for swap (already being swapped as I type this) BUT this doesn't mean that I don't like it anymore. I still recommend it for those of you who want a glowing complexion with a hint of soft creamy gold iridescence. =)

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No