September 17, 2014 | 969 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to highlight shade (along with NARS Albatross)! I'm a NW20 and this goes on as a sheer white/golden color. Great to highlight the inner corner of the eye and browbone. Not too shimmery or too pigmented, just the right amount of color and shimmer. The price is a little high, but a little goes a LONG way and a bottle will last forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by jod84

i love this stuff it makes a great highlight for eyes cheeks etc but i must say i hardly every use it because it's so messy and the packaging is a pain because you can't control how much product your using. the colour is pretty it's like a whit sea shell colour. i like the product just not the mess

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

this is a serious multi task pigment. flattering on ALL skin tones. will always re-buy <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Photogirl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best purchases I've ever made! I love it because it's so versatile -- I mainly use it as a highlighter on my cheeks, but it can be used as eyeshadow, mixed into lotions, tons of other uses. It makes a beautiful cheek highlighter! Adds a beautiful warm glowy look to my face and it lasts on my skin all day.
One of the pros is that a little goes a LONG way. One of these will last FOREVER! The only thing I don't like about it involves the packaging: the cap is kind of awkward to close and you have to be careful to close it correctly otherwise it will spill everywhere.
So glad I bought this! If you're looking for a great highlighter and all-around glowy color with warm undertones, vanilla pigment is a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kimchichick

I didn't see many reviews explaining in detail exactly WHY Vanilla is a great colour for medium to dark skins as well, so here it goes.

As claimed, Vanilla goes on goldy-white on fair skin. It's confusing because that is the same description for colours like Ricepaper, Dazzlelight, etc which can oftentimes look too stark for the darker hued population. I have medium to tan Asian skin so I can make them work but I keep feeling like that oomph factor is missing.

This is where Vanilla comes in (with a magic wand). The secret of Vanilla lies in that it is SHEER upon blending. It is SUPER pigmented and white when you apply it, but once you start blending it out, it "loses the lighter particles", leaving this gorgeous orange-gold sheen on darker skintones. Anybody can make this work for them as it mashes very well into your own colouring. It's one of the few chameleons out there that changes colour once you rub it in your skin. It can also be used to highlight the top of the cheekbones for that golden J-Lo glow.

I've tried to look for a dupe, but everything is just too white, too yellow, too pink, too orange, or too brown. This is the best highlight shade I've ever found. Will repurchase when I run out!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this in a swap from a generous swapper- it is the first MAC shadow/pigment I have ever used. I LOVE IT. It is a beautiful highlight color. It actually looks, on me, like it has gold undertones, which is lovely. Such a versatile color, I may actually buy this! Even though I think it's rather expensive, I am not used to paying a lot for eyeshadow. Anyway, it's lovely. A reviewer below mentioned mixing it with your foundation to give you a glowy look! Interesting, I may have to try that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty!!!! beautiful highlight colour for the cheekbones, & inner corner of the eye that lasts all day & isn't too shimmery, yet not overly subtle. Very feminine, yet still allows you to be a head turner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! I can't say enough good things about it! For the longest time, this was my go-to for eye makeup. I used it for everyday and for going out. And what's even better? You can use it for just about anything on the face! It can be used for your lips, as a cheek highlight, and to even add a little sparkle to your foundation. And $19.50 seems like a lot, and it probably it, but this will last you a long long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is a lot like my Make Up Forever star powder in irridescent white. I have the one with orange undertones. The staying power of both is excellent, however the MAC is a better value as you get more product for the money. The only thing is I hate the container. The MUFE has a very well attached sifter to prevent spills. I can just see my 8 and 11 year old daughters sneaking to play with this and one mishap and it's spilled everywhere.

I swiped both on my hand and was surprised to see that the MAC was much frostier than the MUFE. I love both since there are so many uses for such a basic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MissMary2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this pigment. I use it as a highlight for brows, cheeks, bridge of my nose and cupid's bow.
Would buy again if I ever run out...which probably won't happen any time soon.