September 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Ilovemakeups

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have genetic black under eye circles. I was hoping this foundation would cut my morning makeup routine in half as I have to be in work for 7 am every morning. I never have time for my hair because I'm so busy covering my circles. ITS FUN! Well this helped a little..even though I still pile on the concealers this looks better overall when I'm done. It does cake and dry on my under eye area but every where else when paired with a good moisterizer looks great all day. I bought cliniques all about eyes rich cream...maybe that should help with the caking. I will let you know :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by bigdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this once, and I didn't like the way it looked on me, I purchased this because of all the rave reviews its gotten for covering acne scars/marks, which I have. I think my problem was that I used too much moisturiser beforehand therefore making it look the way it did on my face. One good thing about it is that it covered my marks which I was super stoked about because almost any foundation I use doesn't cover the disgusting hyper pigmentation left over from an acne outbreak a while ago. I will edit my review once I have used it again!

UPDATE 28/10/11:

I decided to give this another go today, this time I added a couple of drops of moisturiser with it to sheer it out and make it a bit more creamier. Did I like it? Yes! It looked really great and it still covered perfectly, and after a couple of hours of use it turned into a nice dewy look, but that may be because I didn't powder.. Nonetheless I loved the outcome :) Get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by solstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used this foundation since the 1990's and still keep coming back to it. It covers better than anything else I have tried! The texture is fairly heavy so I use it for spot coverage or apply it with a brush. This works best if you apply some to the back of your hand and then use a brush to apply it to your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by jod84

pros great coverage
    long lasting
    it don't set into fine lines
    good shine control
    not as cakey as i thought it would be
    packaging is great and easy to control

cons it will cake up on dry patches
    it's over priced
    there's not many colors so it's hard to match with your skin tone
    most people would find this heavy

if your thinking about buying this please ask for a tester first (this foundation is not every body's cup of tea)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Ollie123

Very very diasappointed!!!!!!!!!
    I have previously bought Double Wear Light and it was amazing so I went straight for the maximum coverage and it did not stay on at all!!!!!!!!!!

I use a Lancome primer and applied this foundation with the estee lauder foundation brush and added double wear powder over the top and it comes off when I touch my face, comes off on my phone, on my boyfriend when we kiss!!

Very unhappy!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by PurpleSpider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am looking into a product to cover my acne. Well, this product claims to be non-acnogenic. I actually wanted to buy the DoubleMatt concealer, but the MUA suggested that i get thisMaximum cover instead as it is a bigger tube and can last longer. I read the description, well, it gives a matt coverage and suitable for post surgery scars in which i assumed this would mean the ingredients are gentle enough and will not cause more breakouts. I had fair skinned and i was matched "Mdium deep". I think this is a No. 07. She tested out on my cheek and topped up with some loose powder, i think it looked great, at least it was cover 80% of my scars. I was skeptical on the colour as i am fairskinned, most of the time, i will use the lightest colour, or the 2nd lightest.....this medium deep is dark!!! However, she assured me that the colour is ok and you need to have a darker colour to cover the marks well. also, at the store, i checked my cheek, the colour looked ok. Well, i bought it. OK!!! When i went home, i tested it again on my hand and to my horror, it was super super dark...i compared with the various foundations (i had at least 15, but unfortunately, i had not yet found that HG fou ndation)...this is the darkest i ever had, even darker than my darkest foundation or concealer. In the next day, i went to the counter again, this time, it was a different MUA. i told her abt the concern and she gave me some samples of No.03 and No.05, anyway, her advice was my colour should be No. 05....the next day, i tested out both colours...well, i believed No. 03 should be the one but it it still too dark and i had to blend the whole face, otherwise, it was be blotches and they are obvious ones. Frankly, this foundation gave excellent coverage with a small qty.....but it DOES NOT give that matt finish....i had to top up with some loose powder or powder foundation, in the end, it is like, i had top up TOO MANY powders!! I would not use this at all.........in case you are curious..what happened to my No. 7 colour tube? Well, i had exhcnaged with themakeup remover

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't see how anyone can use this as a foundation, way too cakey & thick and settles into fine lines making them look deeper. That being said... This is my HG concealer for imperfections, I would not dare use this under my eyes but for all other skin imperfections it is AWESOME. I have several hyperpigmentations and large freckles and this hides them like a dream. I dab this where I need it over my Double Wear foundation by EL and it's fabulous!

Final conclusion- great concealer, not so great as foundation!

I like the tube packaging, and since I only use as concealer this tube will last me a LONG time, so price evens out in the long run :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would give this a 4.5. Nothing beats the By Terry concealer - in that blue tube BEFORE they went and messed up the perfect formula.

However this is pretty much that concealer, except it does not give your skin a gorgeous glow like By Terry. But this is my HG concealer - I wear it everyday. It is full coverage, it last for ages on my skin - I woke up and it was still on from a night out!

I don't use this as foundation but am going to use it as that tomorrow.

The only thing I can say is that the shades of this are so awful - if I don't mix it with some white foundation - it looks awful, like dirty smudged on my skin.

This does not cake or flake like everything else does on me!

So if this made my skin glow and had a better colour match it would be perfect.

Edit - colour matches in Estee Lauder. So annoying. I wish they would improve them. Sigh, makes me want to ditch this perfect formula for a perfect colour match.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love the finish of this and it covers great but it made my skin crack..literally. My skin is more on the dry side. My nose and chin looked like a had a sunburn that was peeling and it stayed like that for weeks after i stopped using it...it was so embarassing. I think it'd be great for someone with oily/combo skin though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Phenomenal coverage, great color match, lasts a decent while on my super oily skin.

Only problem is that it does photograph quite ghostly and mask-y looking.

The price is completely reasonable considering the absolute greatness of this foundation, and the tube design is genius because it's so hygienic.

This is great for skin that has quite a bit of flaws and discoloration like mines. Awesome.