April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Shimmer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by redandfuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When applied all over my face, this made my skin look way too metallic and one-dimensional when applied--even a light amount. It gave me a overly 'made up' look. However, I've used it as an eyeshadow (no joke) the effect was completely different and it worked pretty well as a brow highlighter. Not something I think I'd buy again, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by smkmacca

I totally love and highly recommend this fantastic product. Gives a beautiful fresh, dewy glow, very subtle shimmer NOT glitter. It's all been said before but I just think this deserves the hype. Large size pan and will repurchase again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful, beautiful colour. The perfect shade for me I am freckly fair and this leaves a pretty nude shimmer on my face I also sometimes use this on my lids as a sheer wash of colour and it looks so pretty! One of my top 10 HG products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by amanda1210

This is a really great highlighter. I got a sample size of it from ulta a year ago, and I really wasn't sure what to do with it at first because i didn't know it was meant to be a highlighter, but a few weeks ago I decided to give it another try and wow, i love this stuff!! It looks great in person, and in pictures. It gives a a nice soft highlighted look. I will buy it once my sample size finishes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH NO! I hate being one of the few who dislikes a product. But ... I do. I soo wanted to love this, since everyone else seems to, and I bought it based on the rave reviews. I don't mind the twist-off packaging (although a little bit of a PITA), but I hated the way this stuff looks on me. I feel like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz ... with a face that looks rather metallic and shiny rather than glowy. Plus it looks kind of caked on and accentuates my pores (which really aren't that big in the first place). It gives me that 'heavily made-up' look that I hate. Anyways - sigh - back to the store with you, Soft Lights.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this as a large single and in part of a duo with a blush from a QVC TSV autodelivery set. this is a large compact of shimmer powder in a pale pink shade. The shimmmer is super fine and just gives the skin a slight sheen. No chunky glitter in this. Overall its a nice highlighter. My problem with this product is that it is really soft and breaks apart easily and at $28 a pop, I want it to be a little more accesible. My favorite shimmer powders are still the Becca powders. So although this is a nice product, i probably wouldnt repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OMG this has been an HG of mine for at least 5 years. I always get compliments on how naturally glowy my skin is & it is my secret weapon of SB Softlights shimmer! You can use on cheeks or full face. The powder lasts FOREVER! It is the 1 product I use everyday no matter what! I'm blonde/blue PPP. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome highlighter. Means a lot coming from someone who abhors most highlighters. Its very finely milled and melds into the skin to give a natural glow, rather than sitting awkwardly upon the face and giving that dreaded high-shine, glittery, sweaty hot mess look. My only minor complain is the screw top pot- hate it... flip top is way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by xxbabydollxx

I'm an NC37 and this is the best highlighter for me ever! Before I always used bronzey highlighters, bc it looks better against tan skin, but since I'm lighter now, I find the bronze highlighters really orangey and shimmery looking. This on the other hand gives you the best glow ever! Doest even look like shimmer., just a beautiful glow. Since this doesnt really have a 'base' color like pale pink or nude, I really think it would look really great on people of any color. I love pairing this on top of stila CC. sets the creme blush while giving me a glow! my application for this is taking a small powder brush-tap once into the powder and brushing from my temple(sides of your face near your eyebrow) to the tops of my cheeks making a c. I Also use this as an e/s highlighter,on my inner tear duct area, and down my nose. This sounds like a lot of shimmer, but I only just a small amount remember less is more with shimmer. Of course theres many different kinds of highlighters like creams, liquids, oils, moisturizers that can give you a glow. If you have dry skin, I recommend using a cream one, If you have oily skin def use a powder one. Personally I dont like liquids,It always looks like I have a lot on at first but then sinks into my skin and disappears.You really can't go wrong with this if your looking for a highlighter!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

It's basically all been said. This is a beautiful highlighter. It's not glittery, it's shimmery, and unless you really over-apply, it gives a healthy glow, and a radiant look, rather than a glitzed up silly disco ball look.
It's somewhat expensive, but you do get a lot of product for your money. I usually apply this either with my bronzer brush (Sephora Professional Platinum Bronzer Brush) or with my blush/powder brush (Shu Uemura 18R). The product is easy to use, and I think just about any decent quality brush sized for powder down to blush would work great.

UPDATE: I've taken this down from a 5 to a 4. I've noticed that on my pale skin, it can have a bit of a murky or bronzer sort of effect. I still think it's a great product, and especially for anyone who's not super-pale, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. (But I save the 5 lipstick ratings for things I truly truly love!)