Aveda Color Conserve

3.3

Aqueous Extracts, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Extract, Astralagus Membranaceus (Milk Vetch) Root Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Pinus Tabulaeformis (Pine) Bark Extract, Vitus Venifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Sedum Rosea Root Extract, Rehmannia Chinensis Root Extract, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sufosuccinate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Babassuamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethicone PEG-7 Cocoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride,Quaternium-80, Amyl Salicylate, Isoamyl Cinnamate, Lycopene, Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Sucrose Palmitate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycol Stearate, Glycol Distearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Polyquaternium-7, Cistus Ladaniferus Oil, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothazolinone

on 2/29/2008 10:26:00 AM

I used to work at Aveda and I like color conserve and totally understand the negative reviews about it. What I recommend though is the deep conditioner in the line because to me the CC conditioner is poor. To me conditioner is what counts since my hair yearns for moisture.

on 10/28/2007 2:15:00 PM

i really liked this shampoo. lathers up really nice, has a nice 'slip' to it, and smells terrific. my hair also felt pretty clean after use. i don't notice any difference in hair color protection, but otherwise it's a good shampoo.

on 7/25/2007 3:08:00 PM

I hate this shampoo. It doesn't seem to clean my hair very well, it feels dirty quickly. And it leaves residue and makes my scalp feel itchy. My hair feels much cleaner when I "wash" it with conditioner only! (I have this same problem with whatever shampoo they use when I go for a haircut, too-- and I don't think it's the Color Conserve because at the time I didn't have my hair colored.) I also hate the scent which to me smells somewhat medicinal.

In general, I hate Aveda shampoos and conditioners (I've also tried Rosemary & mint-- drying)-- hate the smell and the fake, over-priced "natural" products which have many of the same chemicals that less expensive lines use. I don't know why I even bothered trying this one.... just paranoid about my color fading, I guess. And my color has lasted longer this time, so maybe this shampoo helped some. (Although since I hate it so much I hardly ever use it!) It is low in sulfates, so that might be a factor. Hence the two lippies instead of only one. But since I rarely use CC, I think the main things that have helped my color this time is that I started conditioner-washing and I've been using a completely sulfate-free shampoo.

on 7/17/2007 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yucky buildup.
This shampoo smells great, but gives my scalp a greasy feeling. If I skip a day of shampooing, my hair feels dirty and heavy. I started using this after I began coloring my fine-textured hair and liked it at first, but between the buildup, the high price and split ends, I won't use this anymore.

on 6/26/2007 11:29:00 PM

I got this to preserve the life of my highlights. I passed on the coordinating conditioner because my stylist said the shampoo was the star of the lineup. I like it a lot! It's a little bit drying on my hair, but I use moisturizing conditioners and it works just fine. I do have 2 complaints: it feels like it doesn't clean quite as well as other shampoos (sometimes I later twice with it, which I don't like to do) and I am not crazy about the herbal scent. But it really seems to be extending the life of my highlights, and it gives my hair lots of body and shine. Good shampoo!

on 6/18/2007 8:37:00 AM

Didn't do anything to keep my Aveda-salon-colored hair from fading; didn't make my hair look better than normal, either. Cleaned OK, but that's about all it did for me, unfortunately.

on 5/28/2007 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For reference I have dull, dark blonde hair with highlights and gold colored low-lights. The stylist said the gold would fade over time. I found a wonderful new shampoo and conditioner to add to the rotation. I use Purelogy Volume mostly and Alterna Anti-Age once a week or so, but I really like to switch up shampoos often. I bought the Color Conserve Shampoo, Conditioner and deep treatment (for weekly use). I find I need very little product to make this work and I love the herbal smell of Aveda products. The conditioner didn't weigh my hair down and I have thick, but very fine, soft hair. I have only used the deep treatment once, and then for just a few minutes, but it added shine and my hair simply looked better afterwards. This combo is a winner and I will continue to purchase this line.

on 5/22/2007 9:56:00 PM

I tried this because I got a free sample. I don't like the fact that it doesn't lather much, and I had to use twice as much as I normally do. I'm not crazy about the herbal smell either, it's not terrible, but not my cup of tea. It rinsed out easily and did an ok job of cleaning my hair, but it seems awfully over-priced for just an ok shampoo.

on 4/24/2007 6:50:00 PM

My favorite shampoo! It was recommended to me a long time ago when I had blonde highlights done at an Aveda salon. I've used it since then (I now have blonde highlights and chocolate brown lowlights) and my hair has never looked better. My color doesn't fade as quickly as it used to, and my hair is just in great condition. The scent took some getting used to at first but I absolutely love it now. I only wish that there could be a middle option between the small bottle and the large bottle.

on 4/22/2007 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2mos now, and love it! My very thick, coarse, dry hair is looking and feeling so much nicer. It no longer has that very dried out look to it, and the color is lasting longer. I used to color every 2-3wks(seriously, it was bad), but can go 4-5wks now. My hubby and son have commented on how much better my hair looks. My hairdresser also mentioned how much nicer my hair is and asked what I was using--she was surprised as her salon does not carry Aveda products. I also have a lot of allergy issues & have reacted to diff hair care products, but not to these--I'm a happy camper!

Popular Shampoos