September 17, 2014 | 1382 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

I'm asian with dry/normal skin usually between NC37-NC42 and I got this in shade #120 Tan. My forehead is always darker than the rest of my face. It is the perfect shade for me, as I use it mainly to even out my skin tone. They offer this foundation in a wide variety of shades which is awesome! The best way to apply, I found, is with my Elf flat top brush. I always shake it before since it separates when you not use it. It gives a dewy finish and has a light-medium coverage. It looks natural and not to painted on. Very easy to blend and has a runny formula. I need to give it a couple of minutes to set. It's nice that it feels lightweight, non irritating and not heavy on my skin. A little goes a long way and I use 1/3 the amount of this foundation in comparison with others.
I have my occasional breakouts but other than that my skin is fairly decent. It has thickened as time gone by, and I like the consistency more now than when "fresh" and all liquidy. It comes in a glass packaging with screw top and so it's not the best. It has no particular scent to it, smells very clean.

My biggest issue with this foundation is the lasting power. It only last 4-5 hours before I feel like it has worn off or transferred to my hands and away from my face. I got to set it with a powder, otherwise I look way too oily and shiny and the lasting powder would be even worse.

I live on a remote island in Thailand so I paid around 15 dollars to have it sent here. But I know you can get it way cheaper in the States. You get 30 ml (1 fl oz).
If it wasn't so dewy and the lasting power would step up I would definitely use this more frequently. For now, it's just a "even out" foundation I use here in the humid tropics where I'm tan and all the other foundations I got leans more towards the NC37 spectrum which I usually am back home in Europe. I does have a SPF of 20 which is great here in the paradise!

I do like to have it in my collection and I tried far more worse foundations than this.
So I do recommend it to try out at least!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by gemini12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation in Classic Ivory. I used it over a primer and applied well and gave my skin a unique satiny finish that was beautiful. However, within 30 minutes of applying my skin started to itch horribly and if I could have gone home from work to remove it, I would have! I wasn't sure if the itching was due to the foundation itself or perhaps a reaction with the primer, so I tried it again (on a Saturday!) without the primer. This time it started to itch almost immediately and I ended up returning it to CVS for a refund.

I'm giving this two stars because the finish and coverage are nice, as long as you don't have a reaction to the formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by david124

Yeah, no. I bought the foundation after seeing it on Emily Ratajowski's (from the blurred lines video) "Top shelf" feature on Into The Gloss. However, it looks incredibly cakey and oily,transfers, and definitely made me develop contact dermatitis whenever I tried to use it! It also made me breakout, undoing two weeks of Somme Institute regimen progress! Pardon my French, but "Healthy Skin" my a**. The only pro is that it actually photographs surprisingly well? 60 Natural Beige was also a great color match, but only in the beginning -it oxidized into an orange tint before separating on my face.

Note: if you unfortunately purchased this foundation and experienced breakouts as well, I've found that raw honey calms and heals the skin pretty quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Yvienne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has an interesting, but nice smell. It feels soft on the skin, but wears off after a couple of hours. It has light-medium coverage; not ideal for covering up my acne/acne scars. The lightest shade was too dark for me. The product broke me out and I did not see visible changes in my skin after one month of use. I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i like the formula, blends well, it does seem to help make my skin look better. i do not have many skin issues, thankfully so my makeup requirements are minimal.
i have some dry patches around the corners of my lips and this seems to make it more apparent, but some vaseline seems to make it less noticeable

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by saayruuh

Never again. I absolutely hate this product. It's oily, it comes off easily (I leaned my head up against the wall & it transferred to the wall & stained it), & it's not worth the $12 I spent for it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Kluv14

This foundation would be good if you have normal or combination skin. I would say it's about medium coverage. I liked this foundation because the color matched my skin tone perfectly and it doesn't leave your face looking cakey! I find it works best if you apply with your hands or a sponge.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by haikusamurai

BEWARE!

This stuff actually was ruining my skin. I had no idea.
Shade: Natural Beige 60 was an okay match for light olive NC/25 face.

Since I stopped wearing it, my skin looks phenomenal.
Paula's Choice warned me this was bad..........

please, for the love of your skin, don't be fooled by the Neutrogena label. This is BAD NEWS.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

I picked this up hoping to have found a light weigh, natural foundation that was better for my skin but also didn't make my oily skin freak out. This is certainly not the best foundation for people with oily skin like me.That said, I've been trying to make this work so I don't waste my money. The product is a thin fluid that is easy to blend with the fingers or a brush, while the coverage is quite sheer. I warn against building this product up too much as it can start to look cakey. The finish is luminous though there are no shimmer particles in it. I like that it contains SPF, and haven't noticed any issues of white cast in photos. On its own, this product is not great for my oily skin. To get it to perform better, I use a primer, an oil control setting powder, and a dose of setting spray. All this and I'll still have a natural finish within the hour. Soon I start getting shiny and the foundation breaks down after 4 hours or so. Since I am trying not to waste I'll use the rest of this up in combination with the shine control concoction I mentioned above. I'll save this for when I don't need to be in the heat very much, or need to wear my makeup very long, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by shauna510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get people wanting the "dewy" look, but this made me look slimy instantly. Coverage was poor and it felt like the coverage was just evaporating off seconds after I applied in splotches. Seriously...SECONDS after i felt i had blended it even the coverage was just disappearing. Even after piling on more and more. I do have oily skin, but sometimes I've found that products meant for dry skin actually seem to work better for me. Like it tricks my skin into thinking it's oily already and doesn't need to produce more. But THIS stuff was shiny, slimy, sticky, splotchy, absolutely NOOOO staying power even after primer, setting sprays, powder etc. my face looked leathery. Soooo weird. It accentuated fine lines, pores, even dry patches, just awful awful awful. How can a product be so wet and still accentuate dry patches? If Nars sheer glow is anything like this, I think I'll pass. I'm sure this would be the perfect foundation for some, but just not me :-(