April 19, 2014 | 920 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Nixe

Wearing the new EDT and how I do love Miss Dior. With notes of bergamot, aldehydes, clary sage, gardenia, galbanum, rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, carnation, orris, patchouli, oakmoss, amber, vetiver, sandalwood, and leather, Miss Dior goes on with a fervent blast of hardy flower buds and their green, spicy stems and leaves. Within minutes, a cool, dry sage and white, abstract powderiness start to lift the fragrance into the realm of the starched, pale green tulle of couture petticotes.

The powderiness has nothing whatsoever to do with the sweet, pink smell of baby powder - such is the magic of aldehydes: this is the cloud of white pollen and fresh green vapor that lifts from the lilies of the valley on the floor of the enchanted forest of Midsummer Night's Dream in all its staid, English romanticism.

But it's also the abstract, structured and chic fragrance of impeccably groomed Parisian ladies of the era that Miss Dior was born in - just after WWII ended and some small amount of everyday luxury could be had again - with a breath of dry ballet shoe leather tossed in for good measure. It's a perfectly feminine fragrance that rests somewhere between regally aristocratic and playfully gamine. A deep and textural fragrance that's just addictively fascinating and refreshingly dry and green without ever going sharp or sour.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jemimagold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, my string of admiration for Diors had to end sometime, I guess, and Miss Dior was the proverbial straw. On the other hand, maybe I am just not able to understand its charms. Anyways, to me, Miss Dior smelled very powdery, oakmossy and ***ahem*** “old-fashioned” (I believe that is the politically correct term nowadays). As far as comparisons go, it is very similar to Ma Griffe but not as pleasant/interesting as Ivoire. Good sillage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by amanda1983810

I just love Miss Dior. But my boyfriend doesn't. Is anyone finding boys are not big fun of it?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbreadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The vintage eau de cologne I received from a generous MUA swapper smelled divine - a ballerina in pink leather - she whirled across the stage, entre-chat, jetee - I clapped and thought Oh, brava! But then she was gone. Exeunt. No return. ETA: after sniffing after the pink ballerina, when I turned my nose back to the wrist wearing Tabac Blond, I was absolutely blown away by its spicy intensity. Tabac Blond would have certainly been quite racy when it was issued - it's still pretty damn sexy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had the good fortune of smelling the vintage Miss Dior from a very generous MUAer. Lucky me! It's a gorgeous leather chypre that really opens up to reveal a hot femme fatale, dashing about on some metropolic avenue; miticulously put together wearing a new buttery leather coat, dark sunglasses and fine french silk scarf blowing in the cool breeze. You get behind 'Miss Dior' in line (que) at the pharmacy-- you can smell gardenia (probably her bathsoap), the coat, and a very soft floral sprayed on her scarf. Very french and elegant! From what you see in her basket; she's just run out to pick up a last minute bottle of wine, birth control and candles. That coat hides what she's wearing underneath, but you manage to get a glimpse to reveal some fine french black lace underneath. A sexy dress or is it her lingerie? Oh my! This gal is packing heat for sure! If you are a guy you want to follow her home -- if you are a girl you might want to follow her home as well - she's that sexy! She's what most women want to be at some stage during their life -- sexy, mysterious and quite possibly down-right dangerous! Miss Dior should be worn during that time in a woman's life -- when she is/feels that sexy -- from 18 - 80! Elegant, timeless, sophisticatication with some danger thrown in for balance. This is how I wanted Bandit to be, yet unfortunately wasn't. Leather, lace and a little naughty... wear it the next time you want to be mysterious and heat things up a notch or two. A scent to enjoy in any season for those occasions where you want to make a statement of profound feminine desire and passion.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Very sharp and dusty on me. Too dry, too edged. There was no elegance or sophistication here, just a spoiled woman yelling to have her own way. Not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 10:51:00 AM More reviews by celtic_chick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing this scent since I was 6 years old. I still have the tiny bottle I was given as a gift. I have since purchased large bottles of my own, along with the body lotion. It is a timeless, classic fragrance that I pray will never be discontinued. I suppose it I had to name a signature scent, this would be the one.EDIT: please take note that the original forumla and the relaunched formula are different. My tiny bottle of vintage Dior (pre-1992) smells much different from the modern version, but both smell heavenly on me.:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To me this is classic, inoffensive and very low-risk. I get mostly white flowers and a hint of soapiness, drying down to a very gentle slightly-soapy leather in about two hours. Nicely done but does not wow me. I might wear it as a daytime scent if I got it as a gift but I don't actually feel compelled to purchase it for myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lillie_munster

Feminine, female
Reserved (close, withdrawn, upstage)
Subtle bouquet
Hints of powder
French
60ies
London
Resinous (Galbanum and Labdanum)
Aromatic
Herb(al), dry, harsh, wild
Centered

Mysterious and bittersweet, like a deep well in an enchanted castle’s backyard…
Controlled, orderly, crisp (as Anya once commented on it). At first sight… after that layer an animal is hidden. A female one.
A beast inside the beauty.

Imagine creamy gardenias on a bed of moss, in shadowy but sun-peeking-through woods.

Official notes:
Top Notes: clary sage, gardenia, galbanum

Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, neroli

Base Notes: Patchouli, oakmoss, labdanum.

(Vetiver, leather, aldehydes, iris, narcissus, carnation, lily of the valley, ambergris, sandalwood are also mentioned by some)

FINALLY! My Holy Grai!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

This is a beautiful, elegant, soft, understated floral/green scent. It's a fragrance for a sophisticated, glamorous woman who wears a lot of black and white and carries herself with confidence and style. It's a throwback to old-fashioned beauty.

It has always been my mother's signature scent, so I am incredibly biased--and I probably wouldn't wear it myself because, well, it belongs to my mom! I think I'd feel like I was wearing someone else's clothes. But I hope Dior never stops making it. It's just lovely. continued >>