Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Rose Silk

Price: $

on 3/11/2011 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I like this blush alot. Like other reviwers have said it does give you a natural glowly look. The texture isn't the best, but its gets the job done, and has great staying power. Mine does have that covergirl smell, but it doesnt linger, so I dont care lol.

on 3/6/2011 5:00:00 AM

I love this blush! I have very fair asian skin tone and this blush always gives me the perfect glow! It's great all year round - gives a nice summery glow in warmer weather and it makes me look alive in the sunless cold winter when I pretty much look pale and lifeless! The colour is just perfect - pinkish/peachy/a little mauve and I heard it's the perfect dupe for the acclaimed NARS Orgasm. It's very sheer and with just a hint of shimmer. Although it's sheer, usually one layer is more than enough for me - I apply it with a blush brush and not the brush it comes with.
The packaging is alright, but I wish it came in a circular or more square pan - the rectangle is a little odd and hard to get the product on a blush brush.
As much as I love this blush, I have to take off one lippie for THE SMELL. It's the noxzema and it is surprisingly pungent - not offensive, but very "old lady-like". It dies down after a while (or maybe my nose is just used to it), but the smell is enough to bother me.

Bottom line: I think it's my HG blush! But I do wish they would make an unscented version and perhaps update the packaging. It's not expensive at all as you can usually find it for around $5CDN anywhere. It's sheer, but a little goes A LONG way. I've literally had this blush for maybe 4 years now and I've hardly make a dent in the product although I use it very regularly with a large blush brush.

on 2/13/2011 6:12:00 PM

Love this! gives me a great glow but then it looks 100% natural. This is almost better than my creme blushes that i swear by. The only this I do not like is the packaging, i have the old one and i just picked up a new one and i don't like it as much! but it a really great product.

on 2/13/2011 3:19:00 PM

Love this! The color is gorgeous and natural. It just makes my face glow. The texture is the greatest but a silkier high-end alternative would be 5 or 6 times more expensive. Would purchase again.

on 1/24/2011 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This color is awesome. I'm Asian with golden/olive skin - this looks really good and is glowy. I have Nars Orgasm as well, and it's pretty, but given the price difference and the fact that the CG blush lasts longer, this product beats out Nars for me. If you're the same color range as I am (MAC NC40), the CG bronzers in the same packaging as the blush act as very pretty highlighters that add life to the skin without darkness. More like a brightener. I like to layer it over my CG blush.

on 1/9/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Although this product is very inexpensive, there are two major no-no's that I cannot get over. Firstly, the smell. Whenever I put this blush on, I cannot help but think of old soap. Probably just me, but this is a problem when I use the blush. Second, I don't really like the packaging. It is hard to get my brush in there and really pick up the product. The brush that comes with the actual blush is also really terrible, cannot blend at all. Overall, not too impressed.

on 1/6/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this after reading all the great reviews. I am not a drugstore blush person at all. After using this, I am still not. While I do like the color and the packaging, it is sooo powdery looking. Definitely not even close to the quality of my Nars or Smashbox blushes. I'd rather spend more and not have that awful powdery look. Soooo powdery!!

on 1/1/2011 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love it. I am a blush type of girl. Never leave home without it! Ive never tried nars orgasm but I do like this very much. Very shimmery. Very pretty. And the smell!! Takes me back to middle school when every girl had a covergirl compact myself included!!
EDIT--- Just realized this has mineral oil in it. Not sure if I will continue using since I just had two major eruptions on my face directly on the apples of my cheeks. :( Super lame.

on 12/28/2010 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Always wanted to try Orgasm but didn't want to pay the price. Heard this was a dupe and it's so affordable I went with it. I really like this color on me. I'm NC20-25. LOVE the cover girl smell!! Great finish and staying power. Will def. repurchase.

on 12/27/2010 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

InStyle Magazine just declared this a dead-on dupe for Nars Orgasm apparently after researching a vast number of drugstore varieties before choosing.

I'm not usually a fan of CG blushes, but I think I'll try this one just to see if I agree. InStyle is my literary holy grail so I hope they don't disappoint!

ETA: Okay I sprung for the $5 and tried it, taking InStyle at their word. I don't find it nearly as much of a dupe for Orgasm as Milani's Luminous and I don't like the texture as well as Luminous either. I'll probably use it after I use up my little bit of Milani that I have left but...nah, I won't purchase again. I'll either stick with the Milani Luminous or spring and get the Nars "real deal" Orgasm. BTW, those little CG brushes are the total suck. I wish they'd find a way to improve those useless little gizmos.

Popular Blush Products