MAC Bronzer in Golden

4.2

on 3/23/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've repurchased this several times. I'm really light-skinned and bronzers tend to look very obvious on me. I was hesitant buying this as it's pretty dark in the pan, but the MAC SA assured me it was as light as bronzers come, and I was relieved to find out she was right!
I don't really notice the shimmer - this has a sister product called "Refined Golden" that's a LOT more shimmery, but this one is subtle.
I've introduced several of my pale friends to this and it's gone down a storm. But I'd say if you were more olive toned you'd have to use loads to get it to show up. But if you're as white as snow and just want something to take the blue edge of your face, then this is it!

on 3/23/2011 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am actually totally against shimmer BUT this is brilliant. I am arround NC 20 and I like to wear bronzer but found that most matte ones were quite heavy pigmented (at least for my taste) and a bit blotchy when it comes to blending. This one however is quite sheer, and yes some people pointed that out as a negative, but I really like that. I feel that through the sheerness you can get a really nice glow without obviously wearing bronzer. Yes it contains shimmer but I find it a lot less obvious or gritty as the shimmer in other bronzers. I guess its a little light for darker skin tones but perfect for us palies. Another thing is that lasts really well on my skin. I don't really care for fancy packaging, but I love that it comes with a mirror inside as some others do not. I would recommend It and I will repurchase when I run out of it. EDIT: It doesn't really do a 10 hour day in the summer, shimmers stays, color doesnt.. I now prefer the Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel in Desert Corail...

on 3/15/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The ONLY reason I would not re purchase this is because my love is NARS laguna. I bought this just because my order of laguna was on backorder! I really like this because its not shimmery and isnt orange. It's very sheer though.

on 3/15/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I love this bronzer! Ive tried so many diffrent bronzers but theyr either too light or too dark or to fake looking this one gives me a nice bronzy glow with little golden specks on it to give me that natural looking bronze i want i used to be an nc 20 skin color but now im nc 30 ever since i started tanning it still looks beautiful as before so i defenetly recommend it for most skin tones anyways hope this helped :)

on 3/6/2011 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Based on all the positive reviews I wanted to like this bronzer but I don't. It has way to much shimmer in it. It's not a light shimmer either. On my PPP skin (NW20), it looks like chunks of sparkles. I got this at a substantial discount so I won't return it, but I certainly would not pay $27CDN for this. Hard Candy makes an excellent one that I like and its only $9 at Walmart. I also don't find that Golden shows up on my skin even though I'm quite pale. I will continue to use this, maybe just on my checks, but not everywhere on my face. It's too bad MAC ruined what is potentially at good product. Who wants sparkles all over their face?

on 2/10/2011 5:20:00 PM

I expected a lot more out of this bronzer being that it's quite pricy and from MAC. But it was just average for me. I love the golden color! It didnt come up as orange on me, like most bronzers do. But it wasn't pleased with the pigmentation. After only a week of using this bronzer, I hit pan! It just never really showed up on my skin unless i used a ton of it. So it was kind of a waste. Overall, it's just average. I wouldn't buy this again. I would reccomend it to someone with very fair skin.

on 2/7/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this bronzer. i am very pale and it gives me just the right amount of color. I am not a fan of the shimmer, it bothers me if I am under the sun, but for work and school it works perfectly.
To me it's not a 5 star product simply because of the shimmer; without it, the bronzer would look a little more natural.

on 1/19/2011 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

let me just say, this is my first bronzer.

I'm a C4 and I never really thought I'd need a bronzer. While at mac, one of the consultants used it one me, and I really liked the way it worked on my skin. It's a slight difference, but adds a nice glow.
i'd buy it again, but I have a feeling this is going to last me forever.

I thought that this bronzer was only okay. But I guess I liked it, because I hit pan on it in a very short time. I bought it when it was in the To The Beach packaging, and hit pan by the end of the summer. I like the color, and I liked that the shimmer level was not too over the top. However, I felt like it made my skin look a little dirty and a little orangey all at once. On my skin, the bronzer felt powdery and thick, even with a light application. Now that I've hit pan on it, it sometimes begins to crumble when I stick my brush in. Overall, I feel like MAC could have made a better product for the price.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is not bad. It went great with my skin, but the reason i took off one star was because it sometimes comes on darker in a few areas and lighter in some. i have NO acne or bumps, and i have a fine brush so i have to get my fingers and try to make it even. just a little more work, but other than this, it's a pretty good product. the price was okay and i have to think about buying this bronzer again. that's only if i cant find a better one.

Popular Bronzers