April 20, 2014 | 1015 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and I wanted to try something new in hopes of a lotion that would seriously moisturize my face. It was only about $6 which is half the price of most other drug store face lotions and it had great reviews so I went ahead and purchase it. Initially I liked this product I liked the smell and the thickness made me feel like it really would moisturize. The next day I noticed my skin was softer and shinier. Then sadly the terror occurred! About a week in I broke out TERRIBLY all over my cheeks and chin. I am not prone to pimples and I have never had a break out like this in my entire life granted I am only 19 but still. I have never felt so ashamed of my face before. I stopped using it on my face and only used it around my eyes and my pimples were clearing up a bit. But dumb me didn't want to admit to myself that it was this product causing the acne because i never usually breakout due to a product so I started applying it to my face again. My face is now worse than ever!! My face had been the clearest it's ever been before using this so I am really upset. I know most people appear to be fine but be careful with this product that's all I'm saying. It isn't oil free so maybe I have a bad reaction to the mineral oil in this product. :'( i will continue using it as an eye cream though...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially it did wonders for my skin and made it feel baby smooth. But over a few weeks, I seemed to develop an allergy to the cream. Perhaps it was the fragrance but my eyes were constantly burning and puffy and I kept sneezing. I realized each time I washed my face (and removed the cream) my eyes woupd clear and no more sneezing. I was disappointed because it felt so nice and was a good vaue. Too bad it didn't work for me:(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by mearepaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this lotion. I can't afford the higher end skin products right now, so when it was very cold in NJ I decided to try this for the dry peeling skin on my face. The first night I used it I spread it liberally on my face and neck after washing, and I woke up with baby soft skin!!! I've been using this so far for about a month. I also have been having very red skin for the past couple of years, and after using this every night and morning it's actually starting to fade A LOT! I've tried everything that is priced reasonably and this is by far the best yet. I started using it on my body too. It's warm out now and I still wear it daily under makeup and at night, it doesn't have a greasy feeling because it sinks right in. My skin has not looked this good in a long time. The jar I bought is lasting a very long time too. When I run out eventually I will definitely be buying this again and again. I paid about six dollars for it and for the quality of the product and the price, it's very worth it!!!! Oh and BTW- A lot of reviewers say they hate the packaging, but as long as you have clean hands it should be fine. I think the jar is adorable and it makes it seem more luxurious for some reason!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by HowGreatThouArt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream does not work for me. I find that it sits on top of my skin and doesn't sink in. Also, the fragrance in this cream is so strong that it irritates my face. I'm glad that it works for others, but it does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Oliviamata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer! I skeptical at first at buying it because it was for dry skin and it had mineral oil in it(I have oily skin) but low and behold it is amazing! It reduced my oily skin so I have more normal skin now! During winter my nose and cheeks get dry and this fixes it right up! Even in summer this does not make me oily, soaks in quickly, no residue, and did not break me out whatso ever. I shall forever repurchase it! Plus the tub lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Bex6679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a 'lower end' product, I love this stuff. I've been known to be a product and makeup snob, but this is my all time go to moisturizer, especially in the winter. In summer, my skin is always quite shiny (thus oily), but in winter- dry spots like you wouldn't believe! Ponds is a great product and I usually buy the big tub of it and use it as a all-over moisturizer, too. I would suggest though, buying at Walmart rather than a drugstore. Bigger size, cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice moisturizer that I use on days when I want to give my skin a break from the retinol products I use most of the time (Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair in the day and Rapid Wrinkle Repair at night). It's a heavier cream, but goes into my skin well and leaves it very moisturized pretty much all day. I have no problem putting make-up on over it. It doesn't have SPF, so I use regular sunscreen over it if I'm going to be outside.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live in Boston,MA and the weather can be pretty harsh, especially the winters. I used to get random dry patches and flakiness because I didn't take care of my skin. I'm 23 and I use this after washing my face at night and under makeup in the AM.
Pros**
-It makes my skin feel dewy and fresh.
-I like the powdery scent.
-I also I use extra under my eyes and that has save me $$ on eye cream.
-It keeps my skin "dry patch free"

Cons**
-It has no sunscreen
-It's tested on animals :(

I recommend it as an "I'm too drunk to wash my face" makeup remover, "I'm too broke to buy eye cream" eye cream, and a general moisturizer for dry/combination/normal skin. The price is great for its versatility and richness.

--update--
I added a star to make 5. I tried to used other creams for a few months and my skin was terrible. It was dry and flaky and just gross. I bought a new ponds cream and it was perfect. My skin neeeds this stuff. I HIGHLY recommend it for dry,flaky (non acne prone) skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and need something that really sinks in. I used this at night and it felt great. The morning, however, my skin looked worse....dry, wrinkled and dull. Will not use or buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sincle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this was a generally good product. There are some pros and cons, like any other product, but overall it's very good. Keep in mind your skin type when buying; this is not recommended for oily skin. It's quite thick. There's a reason why it's called the "Dry Skin Cream." Some people were complaining that it sits on skin and leaves a strange residue. I had no problem with this. I felt that it sunk into my skin nicely and hydrated well.

The cream comes in a pot, which can make for unhygienic use, but I make sure my hands are clean before using it. I saw two sizes where I picked it up (Target), and I got the smaller one. It's got a strange fragrance, not in a bad way. It kind of smells like a classic lotion. It fades after a little bit though. Ponds does test on animals. The cream itself is thick. I recommend for normal skin types to use as a night cream. It works fine for my normal/dry skin as an everyday cream. I massage the cream into my skin when it's still wet for the extra kick of moisture.

Pros
-Price is fair
-Hydrates well
-You get a good amount for price

Cons
-Smell (fades away fast though)
-The packaging