November 26, 2014 | 920 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by kirito

First of all, let me make it clear that I do have oily skin, so I can't really tell a difference with this products in terms of hydration because my skin never ever gets dry. I'm currently staying at a relative's house, and I ran out of my Nature Republic Soft Green Tea Cream, so I had to use this instead.

If you have oily skin like me, you really have to be careful with the amount of cream you put on. When I first used this, I put a decent amount on, and I woke up the next morning with extremely oily skin. I lightly tap a finger onto the surface of the cream and distribute that to a single area on my face; that's how little I have to use to prevent excessive sebum. I hate the smell of this cream especially though. It smells like a grandma, if you know what I mean.

The cream does the job, but obviously it is meant for dry skin, so that is why I desperately want my usual moisturizer back.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this moisturizer for years and am obsessed with it. I get super dry skin in the winter around my chin, nose and in between my eyebrows and this moisturizes those areas so well. If you have a problem with super dry, irritated, or peeling skin I would highly recommend this because your skin will look and feel way healthier after using this for about a week! I will say I only apply it at night after exfoliating and it does leave my skin looking and feeling greasy however in the morning my skin is radiant and well hydrated. I would only recommend this to people with dry skin because it is very rich.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product because my skin had dry patches due to the winter weather and a horrible experience with a cleanser.

This product does a fantastic job moisturizing. The dry patches on my face went away within a week after using it daily. My skin also became very soft and I like the smell of the product.

Unfortunately, this product takes a long time to absorb into my skin, which I think is because of the mineral oil. It also leaves a very oily and and heavy look and feel to my skin. After applying makeup, my skin would look very greasy. This product also started to break me out in whiteheads and pimples after a week or so.

Recently I have started using it on my body, and it does an excellent job keeping my skin moisturizer and doesn't give me body acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by karenthebear

I picked this up on a hurry because I need a moisturizer for traveling. And from the first application I knew that we were going to be best friends. After washing my face I apply it to moisturize my entire face. I usually tend to have dry areas around my nose. It's feels really good when applied to a freshly cleaned face. I feel like my skin absorbs it better this way. The smell doesn't really bother me. It's just a clean regular lotion smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by linds1985miller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have known about ponds dry skin cream since I was a little girl. I remember seeing it on my grandmothers bathroom counter all the time. She used this everyday up until she passed away at 87 and I see why. She had the most beautiful skin! Even when she was sick, the nurses would always compliment her skin. I started taking better care of my skin at 24 and started using this product. Now at 28, my skin is amazing!I use it everyday before make up and at night after washing my face. I know 28 is maybe a lil young to worry about wrinkles and lines but I think this product has kept my skin looking the way it did 4 years ago when I started using it , if not better. No one ever thinks I'm 28 and I love that lol. I'm a firm believer in moisturized skin wrinkles less and this product keep skin soft and balanced even in the cold winters we have in Ohio. I highly recommend ponds dry skin cream:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ack! My skin was flaking badly with the transition from summer to the dry winter, so I wanted something that could replenish moisture without breaking me out. This seemed like it would fit the bill based on the reviews, but the fragrance and other allergens in it were way too harsh for my sensitive skin. After only a few uses, I had itchy, inflamed patches on my neck, forehead and cheeks! Also, though I realize that was only a short period of time in which I used it, it did nothing to hydrate my skin. Although this seems like a good basic cream for a good price, if you have sensitive skin, avoid it! It's just too heavily perfumed. I had to throw it away. Try the St. Ives Collagen Elastin moisturizer in the tub instead - it has an even better 'skinglow' effect and doesn't irritate (at least my) skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my 2nd tub. I bought it when I moved from the humid tropics back to Seattle when it was turning winter. My skin was drying up, like literal flakes were just coming off and couldn't handle the cold.

My skin is combo, this worked well. Its super basic, I put it on at night and in the morning and my skin hydrated without any complicated stuff that most moisturisers claim to have. I've moved back to the tropics and I still use it.

I must admit it doesn't absorb very quickly and has a very slick texture at first, but as long as my skin is hydrated I don't really mind it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

Loved how soft this stuff made my skin feel, but after a few weeks of using it, I reacted. I normally like to use a product longer before I say it makes me react, but I am allergic to everything under the sun and I know when I react. Unfortunate...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like Ponds products I had good results with the Pink cream because my skin loves Niacinamide. Now with the colder weather my skin get's very dry and because I do peels, so I can have a little extra dryness. This works when my skin is flaking and tight. Just 4 little dabs and my face feels hydrated because it's a humectant it attracts moisture from the air. When I wake in the am my skin is soft and feels almost like new. Great little moisturizer for dry skin I'm glad I tried it. I bought the smaller jar since warmer months I'm oily so this is perfect to get me through the cold months. Recommended!

Update:
A little secret with this I use Muac Mandelic Acid 25%. Mix this with 2 drops of the acid and go to bed omgosh the next morning it's skin heaven! The combo of a super moisturizer with the acid diluted makes your skin glow and it fights acne at the same time, so to me it's a win, win. Definitely something to try if you do peels or have acne and are reaping the benefits of Mandelic Acid.:) or if you never used it try it with Ponds your skin feels so dang soft it works great even for sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by marimist

I used to never pay much attention to this moisturizer--mostly because it just looked a bit boring and it's been on shelves for such a long time. Now I understand why it's been around a long time--because it does the job.

I have a weird combo of very oily but flaky skin, but never used moisturizer regularly. I went to China a few months ago and my aunt, who is in her 60s but has skin like a 20-yr old, swore by this. So did many people there. I used this during my trip and my skin never felt better. It did make my skin a bit greasy after just 1 hour, but I just use oil paper blots and it felt so much better than having rough flaky oily skin. I've been using this for a month now twice a day, and I noticed I rarely break out now, so I'm very happy with it.

The only negatives are the smell, which I'm not too crazy about, and the packaging. I'd rather have it in a bottle, as the pot may be more susceptible to bacteria/germs.