September 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my 2nd tub. I bought it when I moved from the humid tropics back to Seattle when it was turning winter. My skin was drying up, like literal flakes were just coming off and couldn't handle the cold.

My skin is combo, this worked well. Its super basic, I put it on at night and in the morning and my skin hydrated without any complicated stuff that most moisturisers claim to have. I've moved back to the tropics and I still use it.

I must admit it doesn't absorb very quickly and has a very slick texture at first, but as long as my skin is hydrated I don't really mind it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

Loved how soft this stuff made my skin feel, but after a few weeks of using it, I reacted. I normally like to use a product longer before I say it makes me react, but I am allergic to everything under the sun and I know when I react. Unfortunate...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like Ponds products I had good results with the Pink cream because my skin loves Niacinamide. Now with the colder weather my skin get's very dry and because I do peels, so I can have a little extra dryness. This works when my skin is flaking and tight. Just 4 little dabs and my face feels hydrated because it's a humectant it attracts moisture from the air. When I wake in the am my skin is soft and feels almost like new. Great little moisturizer for dry skin I'm glad I tried it. I bought the smaller jar since warmer months I'm oily so this is perfect to get me through the cold months. Recommended!

Update:
A little secret with this I use Muac Mandelic Acid 25%. Mix this with 2 drops of the acid and go to bed omgosh the next morning it's skin heaven! The combo of a super moisturizer with the acid diluted makes your skin glow and it fights acne at the same time, so to me it's a win, win. Definitely something to try if you do peels or have acne and are reaping the benefits of Mandelic Acid.:) or if you never used it try it with Ponds your skin feels so dang soft it works great even for sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by marimist

I used to never pay much attention to this moisturizer--mostly because it just looked a bit boring and it's been on shelves for such a long time. Now I understand why it's been around a long time--because it does the job.

I have a weird combo of very oily but flaky skin, but never used moisturizer regularly. I went to China a few months ago and my aunt, who is in her 60s but has skin like a 20-yr old, swore by this. So did many people there. I used this during my trip and my skin never felt better. It did make my skin a bit greasy after just 1 hour, but I just use oil paper blots and it felt so much better than having rough flaky oily skin. I've been using this for a month now twice a day, and I noticed I rarely break out now, so I'm very happy with it.

The only negatives are the smell, which I'm not too crazy about, and the packaging. I'd rather have it in a bottle, as the pot may be more susceptible to bacteria/germs.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Kluv14

My skin gets really dry during the winter and this helped a lot!! It's very moisturizing and the fragrance isn't that strong. I've been using this for 2 years and I always keep buying it, it's a GREAT product for DRY skin

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by katb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

worked so great at first! i loved it! woke up the next morning with glowing skin. then for some reason i started breaking out, and i think it was from this and the ponds cold creme =( sadly did not work for my skin. also, i started getting these skin colored bumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those creams that are good to have around. A thick, clean-smelling skin quencher.. It's a classic for a reason. I've been using it nightly in conjunction with my retin-a for about two weeks now and have had zero issues with irritation or breakouts! Some people complain about the fragrance, but I honestly find the smell to be quite comforting. It's powdery and fresh, exactly what I want to smell like right out of the shower. You can also use this product, an a snap, to take off eye-makeup. I know the actual cold cream would be better-suited for this, but there are times when I'm traveling and I only wish to take one tub. With that said, the packaging leaves much to be desired. However, I feel like it wouldn't be the same squeezing my favorite moisturizer out of a tube! Try it -- for the inexpensive price and skin-quenching abilities I'd say its a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by daisyjane1427

When I first bought this product I used it for about a month straight, so I have a pretty good idea of the pros and cons. I'm a teenager so you know how it is: my skin is sometimes oily, sometimes dry, I get pimples all over my face and random breakouts whenever my skin feels like it. But I have to say this stuff works good regardless of what's going on with my acne. It's fragrance is light and pleasant but disappears once on the skin, and it's slightly thick but still nice. It leaves a dewy sheen which can be considered unpleasant. I stopped using it for a few reasons. One, there's too much product. My skin got so used to this stuff that it's original effects became nonexistent. And for the same reason bacteria slowly built up in the pot and began to break me out. If you mange to find the smaller packages of this stuff, it's fantastic. It makes skin silky smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kathleencui9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product leaves your skin baby soft and supple. The scent of the lotion is strong, but doesn't smell as strong when applied so it's fine. The packaging is very strong and pretty, won't split on you. I've never developed an allergy in my 7 years of using it, though admittedly my skin isn't that sensitive. Definitely recommend if you want an effective, cost-efficient lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by theblondlife17

I can't even tell you guys how much I love this product. One day a couple months ago my skin was the driest it had ever been. I picked up the first moisturizer I saw and headed out of Target. I first exfoliated to get rid of all the dry dead skin (EW), and then I put this stuff on. It instantly felt refreshing on my skin and within a few hours, you would have never been able to tell that I had dry skin in the first place. I use it now every night before I go to bed. Thank you, Ponds!

-Mak