October 30, 2014 | 1799 users online

Primer/ Corrector - DHC - Velvet Skin Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loved this product. It actually changed the way I looked so much that people were oooohing! Wish it were cheaper, but, then again, you don't have to use much at all. I really like this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll keep this short and sweet: I've been using this product for over 2 years now and I simply cannot fathom living without it. You should see my forehead with and without it on, huge difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kz59

I tried many other primers (Chanel, MAC, among others), but this one is the best. I have combination sensitive skin, and definitely imperfect skin. People compliment me every time I use this under my foundation how nice my skin looks, and ask what I have been using. Foundation lasts much longer, and doesn't fade. Since my skin is very sensitive, I use for special occasions only, just in case, and it goes on rather slick, so I use very sparingly. No breakouts or other issues, so far. The tube itself is a pain, as the nozzle opening is really tiny and gets clogged, so if you squeeze hard the product shoots out all over the place.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by ilovemarni

I tried this as a sample I received from DHC and I have to admit that I was pretty impressed at first. I have mildly combination skin with larger pores on my t-zone. I just wanted to write a review to warn others to TRY first, don't buy because this product definitely caused my skin to become very red and inflamed. I used about half the sample pack, which was actually meant for 3 uses, which in retrospect was a lot, but I have never had such a bad reaction to a skin product before. I did try this in the summer, so maybe the humidity caused my pores to be more open? I don't know. I just think people should be careful with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jackisync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after doing a little research online on face primers. I had never heard of DHC before, but after trying their Velvet Skin Coat, I was hooked. This primer is so smooth and creamy. It applies well and I don't have any problems with it being too oily as other users have discussed. I can notice the difference when I don't apply the Velvet Skin Coat and when I do. My makeup is applied more smoothly and evenly. Plus, my face makeup lasts almost all day with only little fading (nothing's perfect). I've even been in situations where I sweat and the Velvet Skin Coat will help keep my face makeup in place with little to no smudging or discoloration.

I've only tried a handful of face primers including Makeup Forever and Cover FX and this is by far the best. This product is half the price of Cover FX and it does a way better job. And it will last you a long time. A little goes a long way. Mine last me 3-4 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

Cheaper than Smashbox and in my opinion makes my makeup last longer and skin smoother and less shiny. I own both but I am constantly reaching for velvet skin coat instead :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent performer. Agree with all the positive comments here and after I finish applying this primer, I rub my hands together and run them through my hair! A great non-greasy frizzy-tamer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Hazynightmyst

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best make-up primer I've ever used. I think it's wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kimmyann

This product made my skin so unbelievably oily it was unbelievable. My skin is oily as it is but while using this, it was even worst. I did like the smoothness of the primer though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by radar626

I love Velvet Skin Coat! I am 33 but I still have breakouts. I must say that this product makes my skin feel so soft it's amazing. It's never caused any breakouts, and is a great makeup primer. I can put this on, a bit of blush and mascara, and go out the door with glowing, radiant skin. I tend to use it in the winter more than the summer as it is a bit heavier than the Magix from Avon that I use in the summer. A sample comes with every catalog, so if you have never tried this, order a catalog!