July 30, 2014 | 1487 users online

Primer/ Corrector - DHC - Velvet Skin Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll keep this short and sweet: I've been using this product for over 2 years now and I simply cannot fathom living without it. You should see my forehead with and without it on, huge difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kz59

I tried many other primers (Chanel, MAC, among others), but this one is the best. I have combination sensitive skin, and definitely imperfect skin. People compliment me every time I use this under my foundation how nice my skin looks, and ask what I have been using. Foundation lasts much longer, and doesn't fade. Since my skin is very sensitive, I use for special occasions only, just in case, and it goes on rather slick, so I use very sparingly. No breakouts or other issues, so far. The tube itself is a pain, as the nozzle opening is really tiny and gets clogged, so if you squeeze hard the product shoots out all over the place.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by ilovemarni

I tried this as a sample I received from DHC and I have to admit that I was pretty impressed at first. I have mildly combination skin with larger pores on my t-zone. I just wanted to write a review to warn others to TRY first, don't buy because this product definitely caused my skin to become very red and inflamed. I used about half the sample pack, which was actually meant for 3 uses, which in retrospect was a lot, but I have never had such a bad reaction to a skin product before. I did try this in the summer, so maybe the humidity caused my pores to be more open? I don't know. I just think people should be careful with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jackisync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after doing a little research online on face primers. I had never heard of DHC before, but after trying their Velvet Skin Coat, I was hooked. This primer is so smooth and creamy. It applies well and I don't have any problems with it being too oily as other users have discussed. I can notice the difference when I don't apply the Velvet Skin Coat and when I do. My makeup is applied more smoothly and evenly. Plus, my face makeup lasts almost all day with only little fading (nothing's perfect). I've even been in situations where I sweat and the Velvet Skin Coat will help keep my face makeup in place with little to no smudging or discoloration.

I've only tried a handful of face primers including Makeup Forever and Cover FX and this is by far the best. This product is half the price of Cover FX and it does a way better job. And it will last you a long time. A little goes a long way. Mine last me 3-4 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

Cheaper than Smashbox and in my opinion makes my makeup last longer and skin smoother and less shiny. I own both but I am constantly reaching for velvet skin coat instead :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent performer. Agree with all the positive comments here and after I finish applying this primer, I rub my hands together and run them through my hair! A great non-greasy frizzy-tamer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Hazynightmyst

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best make-up primer I've ever used. I think it's wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kimmyann

This product made my skin so unbelievably oily it was unbelievable. My skin is oily as it is but while using this, it was even worst. I did like the smoothness of the primer though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by radar626

I love Velvet Skin Coat! I am 33 but I still have breakouts. I must say that this product makes my skin feel so soft it's amazing. It's never caused any breakouts, and is a great makeup primer. I can put this on, a bit of blush and mascara, and go out the door with glowing, radiant skin. I tend to use it in the winter more than the summer as it is a bit heavier than the Magix from Avon that I use in the summer. A sample comes with every catalog, so if you have never tried this, order a catalog!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Brisajama

I love DHC velvet skin coat! I have oily/combination skin, tend to get a zit or two in the summer. I love Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Pore Refiner but it is a bit pricey. I started mixing my Bare Escentuals powder foundation with the DHC Velvet Skin Coat and bingo! Perfect for use in the summer. Stays put, no shine, does not wear off and skin feels great. I recommend this product. Does anyone else do this? How is it working for you?