October 21, 2014 | 1628 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

This is my new go-to scrub! I love love love it. It is difficult to find a scrub with very tiny "granules" or whatever you want to call them. This is more like a paste, which is how I like it. Not large sugar/salt like pieces, but fine (crushed walnut shells, actually) bits that are perfect for exfoliating.

For those who complain that it tore up their face - they do make one for more sensitive skin as well that would probably be more up your alley!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this a while ago after seeing the excellent reviews on here. I adore the Mint Julep Masque so I figured I would like this too. I really, really hate it. My skin is dry-combination and acne-prone. My skin usually responds well to scrubs but this left me a flaky mess. It was hard to rinse off and seemed to leave a waxy coating on my face, in addition to the flakes. It has a gritty, sand-like texture and leaves a total mess all over my shower floor every time I use it. Cleanup is such a pain that I can't even stand using this on my body. It is certainly a bargain ($3 at Ulta) but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff gets the job done- effectively- without overly drying your skin or your purse. Part of my permanent collection now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this scrub for years and I'm comfortable with saying it's HG stat for me. This is gentle enough for me to use every morning yet it really exfolliates my skin...especially my problem areas like my nose, where I tend to have white-heads. I love the smell and the tigling feeling. This scrub also removes all of my dry skin patched on my checks and helps to prepare my skin for an even foundation application. I will continue to use this scrub forever and the Mint Julep Mask is excellent for drying out breakouts!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by fr0stbitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the great reviews, as I was looking around for some sort of facial scrub that wouldn't cause my sensitive skin to revolt. I was so desperate for this to work. I have incredibly fair, ultra-sensitive skin that typically reacts poorly to any type of exfoliant. I need *something* to get rid of those pesky small bumps!

The texture of the scrub is fine, but almost a little scratchy (since the walnut particles, though tiny, have sharp edges). As it's rinsed away, it leaves a slick/waxy feel on your skin that's not really noticeable once you pat dry. I'm guessing that's from the dimethicone. I'm not sure if that particular ingredient was the culprit, but every time I used this product I wound up with tiny whiteheads on my face. I introduced my tube to the trash bin earlier today.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub is probably best suited for normal to oily skin that isn't sensitive in the least. I don't recommend it to people who break out easily or are sensitive to silicones. One lippy for the minty tingle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by raspberrychaitea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love that the granules are super tiny
leaves skin fresh and smooth
really want to love this product but unfortunately, i think this causes me to have white heads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I tried this and was worried it would be like the mint julep mask, which didn't work for me. This, however, prevents breakouts and I use every other day in the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by jesiij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This and all other scrubs break me out something terrible! I did some research on the ingredients and found that these scrubs leave microscopic scratches in your skin. This is a gateway to heaven for bacteria. I know use enzyme based exfoiliators. They work so much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This is good stuff!! Small effective granules gives a perfect exfoliation... The granules are smaller than ST Ives Abricot scrub, but effective in another way. They are softer and smaller, but many. So they give almost the same good effect as St ives, I usually combine these two...

Recommended!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by mtdzikiti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have generally stayed away from scrubs because they irritated my skin in the past. Now that my skin has calmed down, I decided to try a scrub. Queen Helenes mint julep scrub is wonderful! It left my skin smooth and noticably softer. It rubbed away all of the dry patches on my cheeks, and helped significantly with most, but not all, of the little whiteheads around chin and nose. I recommend it wholeheartedly. It is not so harsh that you feel you are tearing your skin, and not so mild that you feel you did not really exfoliate anything... Its consistency is just right. If you have never tried this scrub, please try it. I depend on other reviewers here, and love to share when I have a skin success story!