April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by CrisAlex

I really don't like this powder. I was excited at the idea of using a mineral powder, but this one just comes on chalky. And despite the supposed plastic thing to keep the powder from flying all over the place, it is one messy task to use this product. The coverage is just okay, but again, it goes on chalky.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by McBrideMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

WORST COSMETIC PRODUCTS EVER!!! Has Bismuth in it! Bismuth is the equivalent to rubbing little SHARDS of metal into your skin!! TOXIC!! If you use this stuff, and experience ITCHING, that is the Bismuth eating away at your skin. Will make your PORES LARGER!!! All Bare Minerals has Bismuth in it!! If you have sensitive skin or any kind of skin condition (Rosacea, Couperosis, sensitive skin) this will make your skin condition WORSE!! It took me a while before I figured out what the deal was with my skin, and has taken me a while to un-do, what this garbage has done to my face!! UGH!!! Do not use Bare minerals if you have skin issues already, and even if you don't have any issues, you likely will after using these product!! There are MANY mineral makeups out there that do not use Bismuth in there products. Just Google BISMUTH FREE COSMETICS. This is one of the worst products on the market to date!! Bismuth FREE cosmetics, are the only way to go!! Trust me, I learned the hard way!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Tash811

I was so excited when i bought the Bareminerals orignial powder, i really believed that it was going to transform my skin, however i was completely miss sold the item. It is literally the worst foundation i have tried, it makes my skin look dull and lust-less. i have generally quite good skin, never have outbreaks and my pores are quite minimal. After about a week of use, i started noticing small lumps under my skin when wearing the foundation, it also made my pores look huge. I spent £50 all in all as i was sold a start up kit. Worst decision ever. I have tried and tested numerous foundations, ones that are a fraction of the price and it is is literally so over hyped - the quality definitely does not match the price. My skin is now in worse condition and i have wasted my money. i would seriously avoid this brand, i must give it to them, the marketing is good but definitely extremely misleading. Avoid!!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by papalapanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for 3 years now and so far it hasn't cause any problem for me. It doesn't make me break out even though my face is really sensitive, it stays for quite a long time when i use the primer that's part of their collection and their concealer. It also feels very light as if youre not wearing any make up at all. I am just in love with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by CourtL128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really loved this makeup when I was in my teens and early twenties, but as I'm getting older I feel like I need a bit more coverage and it's just not working as well for me anymore. Probably not the best makeup choice for mature skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Parchipexx

I've been using BareMinerals for about 2-3 years now. Overall I enjoy the product.

I had severe cystic acne as a teenager, so I was worried that using this foundation would make me break out like that again. So far that hasn't happened. About a year ago I switched to the "Matte" formula and I find that it works well for my oily skin.

My main issue is that I need lots of coverage to conceal acne scars, and with this product you really have to build it up to get that effect...but then the area looks very cakey and obvious. I've even had a "raccoon eye" effect when using this to conceal dark circles (my undereyes looked very cakey and artificial and it was obvious I'd applied a lot of makeup). And sometimes by the end of the day my face is slightly itchy.

Still, it's easier to apply than liquid foundation (although getting the product out of the container can be a challenge.)

Sometimes my brushes get very sticky and I think this is because of the moisturizer I apply before my foundation. Cleaning the brushes 2x weekly has solved this issue.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to love this in high school when I didn't know much about makeup. Now I hate it. The transfer of this foundation is RIDICULOUS if you have oily skin, I find the matte version is like this too. On your shirt collar, your hands, your pillows, your boyfriend or girlfriend's shirt. Don't even think about leaning your face anywhere with this stuff on. I'm not sure about you dry skinned ladies though and how this foundation will perform. The cover was light to medium and it was buildable. This stuff has the uncanny ability to get everywhere though. Any time you have to tap the excess it is just so messy. It does look natural though. This stuff also broke me out a lot too. There are better foundations out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by briaghamy

I have super sensitive skin which breaks out all the time from different products. But this makeup was fantastic! I absolutely loved it! The only thing wrong was its quite messy but that's not a humongous issue. It was 80 Australian dollars which is great because I got two foundations a concealer a bronzer a mineral veil and three brushes! Which is great. I would definitely recommend this to people with sensitive oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite foundations. Not sure how good it is for your face but it blends, covers, and matches my skin tone perfectly. When tapping onto brush make sure you are not putting too much on to the applicator or it will make one part of your face look super dark and caked up. Evenly spreading out the foundation on to the brush it the key to a beautiful application.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ComplexChameleon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this foundation in itself - I find it gives a very natural, healthy look and has buildable coverage even over acne and acne scars. Of note, the SPF does produce a white cast in photos. My only major qualm is with the packaging - every time I open it, I end up getting product everywhere and I must be wasting so much. The sifter really isn't very practical for dispensing powder.