August 2, 2014 | 1292 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have read various reviews, and I have my opinion regarding this mascara smudging or not being very water resistant. I live in Florida, where humidity and heat can be a REAL issue. After experimenting, because I like the look of this mascara, I have found this formula to work very effectively. Use this mascara in the regular formula, give it about 1 minute to set. Then apply a second coat with the waterproof formula. This prevents the mascara from running, but since you have put the regular non-waterproof on first, you do not need a eye makeup remover for waterproof eye makeup. Yes, I understand this means two tubes of mascara, plus two times the expense, but I have found this to work very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by pert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had read so many glowing reviews of this mascara that I felt I should try it. Unfortunately, this mascara is just not for me. It goes on rather oddly and tends to glue my lashes together rather than separating them. When I first apply it, it looks OK but within a few minutes my lashes are drooping and after an hour or so it is really bad. I have even tried applying a topcoat of other mascara and that seems to help for a short time, but before I know it, my lashes are a droopy mess again. I have used much better mascaras so won't be buying this one again. In fact, this one is going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:13:00 AM More reviews by albinalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

You know, I don't what it is about this mascara, but I absolutely love using it. I like how black it is and how a lot of product goes on your lashes, without looking too clumpy (my pet-peeve). With a soft hand, gently applying this mascara makes my lashes look long and voluminous. This mascara is amazing, give it a go for yourself. It is very inexpensive (about $8).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by gammarhapsody9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is favorite mascara!! Its nice quality yet very reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Lindsex24

I have been relying on this mascara for years. I love DiorShow mascara, and this is a great dupe. I'm not sure if it's for everyone (you need to like a lot of volume and thickness). The waterproof version is great too. I recommend this mascara to everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by iowagirl

The first couple of times I used this mascara I was pleased. After that it was a gloppy, clumpy mess. Throwing this one away.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

This is a good mascara, at first I didn't like it but then I got use to the brush/formula and I liked it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissBrianna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was very black, which I liked and how the product details stated. I don't think it did much to my lashes though. My eyelashes are long and flat and I curl my lashes. This mascara seemed more on the "wet" side and it looked like it weighed down my lashes a little and I needed to apply several coats to achieve a medium-dramatic look which I usually go for. I would recommend other mascaras such as CoverGirl Lash Blast of Benefit's They're Real! to achieve a more dramatic look or volume if you have flat lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

3.5 Wrote a review for the Blackest Black...as stated there - love that it smells like lotion, goes on nicely & smoothly (not un-evenly or jagged lash look), gives a nice natural look. After 2coats I think that is enough. Importantly too, I feel it does NOT make my lashes feel dry nor stiff / brittle. Nice every-day type mascara but I prefer the way that Million Lashes looks if I want drama & def want to try the Million Lashes Excess (in this Voluminous series). I recall it being a little more thickening when my Mom bought it for me back in like 2009 ish, but perhaps that's b/c it takes the formula a couple wks to thicken a little as I just got 2nd time in life yest. I will re purchase in CARBON Black only.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by redlips2

I have extremely short eyelashes so I thought I would give this a try but it smudges so fast and it clumps my eyelashes! Not just that, but it doesn't give me the volume I want. I'm now using Cherry Blooms mascara, which is 10x times better than this! It makes me look like I've got fake eyelashes. Everyone must try if you're not blessed with long eyelashes like me.