OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 12/1/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a lovely peachy nude. The consistency is a little thin compared to other OPI polishes, but creamy nonetheless. It works well for work environments as well as night scenes. The bottle I purchased was fairly cheap, about $4.50 on Amazon.com but I've seen it in stores for about $8.00. The packaging quality was great as with all OPI polishes. Overall I think it's a great buy and will be repurchasing.

on 11/11/2011 2:54:00 PM

Really like this nude. Slight peach undertones. 4 coats for the opacity I wanted. Takes forever to dry, even under Seche it was still tacky after 10 minutes. Don't paint close to bedtime :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

THE perfect nude polish! Ive have been on the search for the perfect nude forever and i thought OPI "let them eat rice cake" or Zoya "pandora" was gonna be it but they were too pinkish. I came across this polish on pinterest and i looked everywhere for weeks for it but everyone was sold out and by chance i got the last one at merle norman. I couldnt wait till i got home to use it and i was extremly satisfied. You do have to put three coats on but its so worth it!!

on 10/31/2011 8:38:00 AM

Excellent nude. It takes about 3 coats to be really opaque, but well worth the time and effort!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm a lover of dark nails, but this is the only nude polish I really use. It a perfect colour unlike other nudes which for me are too pink or too white. Its super shiny and lasts a long time without going dull.

If you're looking for a nude nail polish, long lasting and shiny, well don't look further! Samoan sand is a great great nude, suitable to all skintone, I have a light olivish skintone, and some nude nail polishes just look odd on me, but this one doesn't! it give a very polished look and since it's not completely opaque, can be modulated, 2 coats for a sheer nude effect, 3 coats for a semi-opaque nude effect!!!!!

on 9/21/2011 3:40:00 AM

This is so not my color, and I only bought it because the local perfumery had four OPIs for the price of two, and this one was the only one left, I didn't already have in my collection. It thus spent the first six months of it's life with me in a closet while I was wondering to whom I could give it away. Then suddenly one day, after having spent three months in bright reds and oranges, I decided to give it a try myself. I'm so glad I did! Three coats got exactly the color of my tanned hands (I think two coats on top of "Mava White" will give the right color in winter), the application was easy, and the surface glossy even though it's a creme. I had to get used to the sight of my "mannequin nails" without any trace of color at all. The first day I wasn't sure I liked it, but it grew on me, and after a couple of days I loved it. I have never cared much for French manicures, and this one is a great alternative. It's equally versatile, far more discreet, and it does elongate the fingers in a way that no other colors do. The actual color is very difficult to describe. There just isn't much color at all. It's a beige, but I couldn't see any pink in it, and it wasn't yellow or grey either. But somhow it's exactly the lack of color that makes it so beautiful, understand it who might. Just for reference, I have pale, yellow skin, more or less the color of boiled pasta.

Samoan Sand is a nude natural colour goes well with my skin tone. You either love or hate nude nails. Not everyone can pull of a nude nail in my opinion. My mom hates nude nails, she thinks it looks like a dead persons nails. Many other people have said the same thing to me (those same people somehow still want to know what shade/brand tho? hypocrites!...but I don't care.) I really adore nude nails. I think they are clean, classic and timeless. I personally don't like French Manicures, I really think the French Manicure has become so over done & tacky. I've only ever had one perfect French Manicure done properly on me ...so hard to find someone with a steady enough hand who is precise! And lets face it style icons like Bardot & Jackie O never wore French Manicures. So to me if you want an effortlessly chic nail you should opt for nudes. Not to mention I can do my own nails with nude colours since if I mess up it won't be as obvious since it is a nude. Or you can restart again since the colour won't stain your nails or cutiles say like a red or purple would. Samoan Sand is sheer, two coats won't cut it if you want a full nude effect. I really don't mind applying a third coat but you need to sit still for the next hour.

Side note:
I bought this ONLY because I was looking for a dupe to the UK brand's Nails Inc shade Basil Street. I loved this colour so much when I was at University in the UK. It's the first nail colour I used up. I kept the bottle to find a dupe. Samoan Sand comes pretty close. I could just order Basil Street online but I feel too guilty to pay that much in shipping for one shade. =(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well I am not in the majority on this color, sorry gals. It goes on nice, dries nice, doesn't streak, all of the above ok, but the color just does not work on me. Really boring. If I have a quick go to in OPI, it would be Bubble Bath, although I have tried this a 100 times and I never like it. Probably my skin tone!
EDIT: Nope, tried it again, really don't likke it. Streaky, and just doesn't dry hard. One coat, two hours, and it still got smushed at night. I find that happens with some colours with me. There was no top coat or base coat either. The tips were fine, just the part where it is only the Samoan Sand. And the colour. On me, yech.

on 6/13/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you like the natural look this is a decent nude. Since I am fair this shade looks almost the same as my skin tone but, I think would work much better on someone with warm undertones. Nudes with a bit of pink seems to work best for my particular skin tone. This shade will go with just about anything but, I think compliments earth tones best. I like the color when I first put it on but, it seems to yellow to a smoke stained look after a few days, maybe it is just me....or the fact that the bottle is now a few years old. Polish goes on very smooth, no streaks.

Popular Polishes