April 19, 2014 | 1704 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Samoan Sand is a nude natural colour goes well with my skin tone. You either love or hate nude nails. Not everyone can pull of a nude nail in my opinion. My mom hates nude nails, she thinks it looks like a dead persons nails. Many other people have said the same thing to me (those same people somehow still want to know what shade/brand tho? hypocrites!...but I don't care.) I really adore nude nails. I think they are clean, classic and timeless. I personally don't like French Manicures, I really think the French Manicure has become so over done & tacky. I've only ever had one perfect French Manicure done properly on me ...so hard to find someone with a steady enough hand who is precise! And lets face it style icons like Bardot & Jackie O never wore French Manicures. So to me if you want an effortlessly chic nail you should opt for nudes. Not to mention I can do my own nails with nude colours since if I mess up it won't be as obvious since it is a nude. Or you can restart again since the colour won't stain your nails or cutiles say like a red or purple would. Samoan Sand is sheer, two coats won't cut it if you want a full nude effect. I really don't mind applying a third coat but you need to sit still for the next hour.

Side note:
I bought this ONLY because I was looking for a dupe to the UK brand's Nails Inc shade Basil Street. I loved this colour so much when I was at University in the UK. It's the first nail colour I used up. I kept the bottle to find a dupe. Samoan Sand comes pretty close. I could just order Basil Street online but I feel too guilty to pay that much in shipping for one shade. =(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well I am not in the majority on this color, sorry gals. It goes on nice, dries nice, doesn't streak, all of the above ok, but the color just does not work on me. Really boring. If I have a quick go to in OPI, it would be Bubble Bath, although I have tried this a 100 times and I never like it. Probably my skin tone!
EDIT: Nope, tried it again, really don't likke it. Streaky, and just doesn't dry hard. One coat, two hours, and it still got smushed at night. I find that happens with some colours with me. There was no top coat or base coat either. The tips were fine, just the part where it is only the Samoan Sand. And the colour. On me, yech.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Drita12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you like the natural look this is a decent nude. Since I am fair this shade looks almost the same as my skin tone but, I think would work much better on someone with warm undertones. Nudes with a bit of pink seems to work best for my particular skin tone. This shade will go with just about anything but, I think compliments earth tones best. I like the color when I first put it on but, it seems to yellow to a smoke stained look after a few days, maybe it is just me....or the fact that the bottle is now a few years old. Polish goes on very smooth, no streaks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by nudelipsandnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this nude shade. OPI is one of my favorite nail polish companies and this shade is a classic! I love that is shade has no hint of color on my nails at all. It is basically a naked nude on my nails. I have fair skin and this shade barely shows up but it makes my nails look polished. It takes 4 coats of this polish to not look "streaky" on my nails. The formula goes on splotchy on my nails. I had to use 4 coats to get an even, pretty nude shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this colour done at a salon and I was sold. It's a great neutral that I would use when I don't know what to put on but want to paint my nails. It kinda looks like patent nude ballet flats on me (my hands are NC25-30)

It's a colour that's conservative but not boring. I find light pinks and those bridal collections too boring and flat. I think thi is far more sophisticated than pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kimchichick

On me, this has no hint of pink whatsoever, but that's because my nails have a naturally pink tint to them. This is a great sheer nude that goes with everything. I agree with everybody here on that Samoan Sand goes with every skin tone. I also layer Samoan Sand on top of other colours to tone them down. I've been loving the combination of Barefoot In Barcelona + Samoan Sand on top. Try it out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

Samoan sand was a little bit lighter compared to my skin but the color was still so beautiful. Personally, it looked better on my toes than on my hands but I still loved the color because it was a perfect nude summer color. Samaon Sand has definitely become one of my favourite OPI nail polishes. I tried looking for the best nude color nail polish that would match, and this one has topped my list. It matches all skintones even though it wasn't a pure match. The sand-like color just made it so original it would stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by suzannekittymeow

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This true beige creme was slightly more opaque than I expected. I'm used to wearing semi-sheer pinks like Essie's Sugar Daddy or Mademoiselle but wanted a non-pink, pale neutral. Gorgeous on tips and, believe it or not, toes; gives a polished look that's sexy with open-toed sandals in the summer. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by wonderfulJ

I have just purchased this, and it is a beautiful beige-pink toned polish.

As with all OPI polishes, it is creamy, no streaks and very professional looking once applied properly.

I did find that this was a touch more translucent than I had anticipated, but definitely the right colour. I simply put 3 coats on (letting each dry properly in between).

Love and will buy again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by kgurl23

A very nice creme nude polish with pinky beige undertones that is non-streaky and very easy to apply. It's a little sheer but I think this works in its favour because you can use this polish two ways; worn sheer and as a base for a French manicure or layered for an opaque, nude coverage. One of the nicest nudes I've ever tried! I want to see how Essie's Topless & Barefoot and Sand Tropez compare to this.