April 23, 2014 | 2001 users online

Conditioner - Aubrey Organics - GPB Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I love Love this stuff ! It smells divine and conditions naturally , without drying silicones. Works great on my waist length hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good good stuff! I really like this conditioner, for one its natural and I love that and two my hair loves it! The scent is okay Im not a big fan but what it does to my hair is amazing so I don't complain.

I have very fine kinda damaged hair now, and this product untangles, shines and makes my hair appear very healthy. I want to recommend not to use this everyday as protein buildup in the hair is very common when using products with protein so maybe alternate every few days so you don't get that crunchy hair effect. I love this conditioner :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

I've been using this conditioner along with the balancing shampoo for a week now, so far my hair looks good, I haven't had any kind of buildup or protein overload or such as of yet. The conditioner is very creamy and moisturize my hair very well, I didn't really know that this conditioner has protein when I bought it, I bought this because it's mostly all natural ingredients so it's better than most commercial conditioner/shampoo out there. My hair is pretty shiny after using this conditioner/shampoo, though it may tend to be heavy if I use too much, so put the conditioner mostly on the ends and not too much near my scalp. I intend to look for other aubreys shampoo/conditioner to alternate with this one, because I don't think it's good to use the same shampoo/conditioner every single day, it's better to alternate.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't get over how much I love this stuff. I thought I'd be using M.O.P.'s C-System Hydrating conditioner until my damaged hair had all grown out. I liked the M.O.P. conditioner, but it really tended to weigh down my fine, thick, wavy hair.

But Aubrey's GPB is amazing. My hair is smooth with a very healthy texture but still has plenty of volume.

I'd been hesitant to try this product since I'm not wild about the scent, but Whole Foods has an exclusive deal with Aubrey and they have two alternative scents, which I prefer. I went with the Lavender Ylang-Ylang, which has a soft floral fragrance.

This may be my new HG. We'll see.

Update: Immediately after washing and drying my hair, this stuff seemed really great. But in the morning (I wash my hair at night) my hair was flat and kind of dull. I think it might be a protein overload for my fine hair. Oh, well. Back to M.O.P. once again. I'm removing two lippies, because I find this stuff to be very average.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For a very light protein conditioner GPB is great. Before I wash my curly 3b/c hair I use the GPB with heat for better absorbtion. It strengthens your hair very gently and also moisturizes at the same time. If you need a stronger protein look elsewhere. I am a huge fan of Aubrey Organics.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by little_blueberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I started my organic/natural personal care kick last week, so I purchased this conditioner from vitacost.com for about $8. It's about twice as much as I normally would have paid for a conditioner (non-organic, anyways) although it certainly doesn't break the bank either, so I gave it a 2 out of 5 for price. Packaging was just fine, I rather like the plain packaging; shiny new bottles don't ever sway my mind as to whether I buy anything or not. When I squeezed some product into my hand, it had a dense, heavy cream-like texture and consistency to it, not watery in the least. Since I have hair down to the middle of my back, I used about two quarter-size amounts when I applied it to my hair. It seemed like the product soaked right into my hair as soon as I began applying it, but I continued to work it in with my fingers and wash it out after about 2 minutes. I usually let my hair air-dry, and the two times I've used this so far I have not tried to blow-dry my hair, so I imagine my results would be different had I done so. However, this product makes my hair incredibly soft and smooths all of my fly-aways. It does seem to weigh my hair down a little bit, but I prefer that since I'm not big on volume and it doesn't make my hair feel or look greasy in the least. In my opinion this is probably the best conditioner I have used in a long time; I have color-treated hair that I've been growing out since this May so it definetely moisturizes the areas of my hair where it was drier from my highlights. I will attempt to update once I actually blow-dry my hair to tell if there is a difference. So far I give two thumbs up, definetely a good buy for color-treated, dry, or long hair in particular.
I also forgot to mention: I've read some people's responses on how weird and nasty this stuff smells. It does smell very herbal, definetely NOT like anything I have ever tried before. I do not find the smell offensive in the least; I rather like the natural smell it has, and it certainly isn't overpowering once my hair is dry, although the smell does last the whole day in my hair. I don't mind it at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month. At first when I used it it was just mediocre, nothing to rave about. Then I did a little research and found that olive oil and coconut oil are great moisturizers for hair because they can penetrate the hair shaft. So, this morning I decided to add a teaspoon of olive oil to about a tablespoon of the conditioner and 4 drops of tea tree oil(to help with seborrheic dermatitis). Left it on my hair for about 5-7 minutes and then rinsed with warm water. My hair was the softest it has ever been (I can't stop touching it). This is definitely an HG for me. I towel blotted my hair and put some of my hair moisturizer (added some more olive oil) for a leave in. (see my notepad for my hair moisturizer) This bottle will last me a long while since I only condition my hair with this once a week. I highly recommend trying it. :)

Update: My only problem with this product is the extremely strong scent. This scent lingers a lot for days. I smell it in my sleep. I have to mix it with some of my Cantu shea butter to cut down on some of the smell or I get a headache.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my absolute faves. I used this when I had relaxed hair and I still use it now on my natural 4a/b. I usually use it on the shower maybe once a week. I love the all natural ingredients. It makes my hair super soft, strong, replenished (moisture), and tangle free. The bottle last quite a while also - and I really slather it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by glossnmascaragal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair usually despises protein, so I was very hesitant to try this. I used it after clarifying and was AMAZED when it immediately melted into and softened my hair!!!! I left it in for 10 mins while I finished my shower. Heaven! Soooo soft and moisturized, I couldn't believe it! The absolute BEST protein conditioner I've EVER tried and I'm a huge product junkie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the price. Love that it is all natural good-for-your-hair-and-scalp organic ingredients. Love how it hydrates and balances my hair after use. My best results come when I follow the directions - using it on DRY hair. My favorite way to actually use this conditioner: When I get home from work, slather it through my hair, place in a low ponytail, sleep overnight in it, (yeah it dries a bit into my hair by the time I wake up) then wash it out in the morning. For the brave at heart that find it hard to deep condition with heat, and are comfortable deep conditioning over night, this is a miracle worker. This stays in my rotation of favorite moisture & protein-based deep conditioners.

UPDATE OCT 2009: STILL A STAPLE!! LOVE IT!!!