Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 1/12/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Nothing has controlled my acne AND eczema better than this product. It is gentle enough not to irritate my sensitive skin, yet cleansing enough to clear up my acne. I use it for my face and body and it works wonderfully for both. It's also a steal at less than 4 dollars a bar (or 3 for about $9 in a value pack). Amazing!

on 1/2/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this to shave my legs tonight and underarms (I'm a shaving gel kinda person but I ran out D:) My legs are super smooth and soft. Definite rebuy.

on 12/30/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Okay, so I used this product tonight for the very first time and I probably can't fully attest to how awesome it is just yet, but it is already making my very irritated skin feel so much better! I have hypersensitive skin and recently had a bad allergic reaction to some foundation. I started looking into products that may help heal my skin and so far, couldn't be happier with my choice. I used this product along with the original cetaphil moisturizer and once the lotion set it, my skin started to feel smooth, balanced, and noticeably less red. And that's saying a lot considering I have combination/acne prone skin too! I will update this review after I use this regimen longer, but it seems to be a miracle worker so far. If you're on the hunt for ultra-gentle, affordable products, this is a definite must-try for soothing finicky sensitive skin. :)
UPDATE: Been using this bar along with the moisturizing lotion for a few days now and have noticed that it has helped calm my skin- no more redness or irritation. But other than that, it hasn't helped heal my existing rough patches/pimples nor caused me to break out... it's just been extremely basic and the lotion is somewhat greasy. I started using witch hazel as a toner with it, which has helped somewhat. So, if you are using stronger acne medications and need something to help soothe your skin, I'm sure this works wonders. But I was looking for a supplemental, gentle regimen that can replace the Neutrogena stuff I was using previously and this has been kind of disappointing.

on 12/7/2011 3:26:00 PM

I have dry skin and this was WAAAAY too drying for me.Tthe lotion cleanser, on the other hand, works just fine wtihout drying. Good for mornings. Not effective for removing makeup imho.

on 12/7/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What else can I say, this stuff rocks. Doesn't strip my skin of moisture (I have very very dry skin). I have a lot of problems with eczema, and my dermatologist told me to use this as a cleanser. It doesn't upset my eczema either. For $3 a bar, which lasts half a year, you really can't go wrong with this cleanser! It's not flashy or fancy, just a basic white cleansing bar, but what it does for my complicated skin is worth it's weight in gold!

on 11/28/2011 12:45:00 PM

I have been using Dove unscented for sensitive skin or Neutrogena bars or liquid for years. My dermatologist recently recommended I switch to Cetaphil bars and I'm very pleased with it. I don't generally use it on my face as I prefer a liquid or oil makeup remover and facial cleanser, but this is fantastic on the rest of me. I like to use it with a Salux towel (another great MUA recommendation) to generate a little lather and it leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight or dry. The bar is generously sized and hard-milled and I find it lasts longer than other bars as long as it is kept out of sitting water. I use a wire soap dish suction mounted fairly high on the wall opposite the shower head and it works great.

on 11/24/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start out by saying I LOVE CETAPHIL. I have been using this stuff for forever! I used the Cetaphil Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily skin for years, but then it stopped working. That's when I started breaking out :/ My acne wasn't horrible, but I did get some pretty red spots sometimes. The gel cleanser was not too effective. I then started looking around for other products for a while, but then I went back to Cetaphil when I heard there was a bar cleanser. It's great! The bar is very gentle (EXCEPT IF YOU GET IT IN YOUR EYES!!!) and makes my face smooth :) I use this with the moisturizing lotion in the spring and summer, and with the moisturizing cream in the fall and winter. I'm also using Retin-A 0.25% for the breakouts. The only thing is this bar will melt. Once it gets to be a certain size, it melts pretty badly and stops working. I think it lasted me about two months, and I just got a new one. Right now, I'm using the new one on my face and the old, melty one on my body as a shaving cream substitute. I would recommend this to anyone!

EDIT: I didn't know how drying this was until I switched to the Cetaphil lotion cleanser. Out of the bar, oily skin gel cleanser, and the lotion cleanser, I'd say the lotion one is the best. This bar is good, but the lotion cleanser is great!

on 11/11/2011 3:54:00 PM

I believe in investing in quality makeup and skincare and I am not afraid to drop a pretty penny on a cleanser (and believe me I have) - so I cannot believe I am saying this about a bar soap, but this is the BEST facial cleanser I have ever used!! PERIOD. I have very dry, VERY sensitive skin that was a little out of control this past year and my dermatologist recommended Cetaphil cleanser to me. At first, I was using the liquid, but this bar soap is even better!! It is moisturizing - YES moisturizing - not even a hint of dryness or squeakiness after I use it. Plus, it has antibacterial properties which I love. My skin is SO HAPPY! I have noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin since using this cleanser. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this soap for years and i love it. Where I live it is sort of pricey but worth it. i don't think the scent is strong at all and it doesn't leave that residual soap film.

on 10/12/2011 9:21:00 AM

This bar really did not do anything special for my oily, acne-prone skin. It smelled very strong, for one thing, and my face smelled of it even after I attempted to wash it off very thoroughly, wish made me feel like some of it was still on my face. The bar form was very inconvenient which I would be willing to put up with if it did improve my skin, which it did not. I think it did a good job cleaning but I still broke out as much as ever, so... I think this would be a good gentle cleanser for someone without any major skin issues, but for me it didn't do enough.