November 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I bought this for summer pool parties, but I forgot how thin waterproof mascara consistencies usually are. I love the original version of this product and its brush, but the waterproof version is too thin and delicate to get much product onto your lashes. I have to spend at least 5 or so minutes building to get the top lashes to look normal (like they don't have mascara; my tips are very pale) and I gave up on the bottom lashes (wouldn't stick to them).

Overall, the best WP mascara I have found has been the comb-brush by L'Oreal (Volume Shocking). It stays on forever, too, and you can define your lashes perfectly so they don't look overdone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. All mascaras look to obvious to me, not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by hmjnow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara I think do to the brush. It is tiny & works great for lower lashes. It is a good finishing mascara because of the brush for those hard to reach parts of the eyes. I understand that this has been discontinued, so I purchased a few just for the brush. If Maybelline would just make the brush for sale that would be terrific.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lilybasset

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a long time ago and forgot to write a review on it. I really liked it, the brush was small enough to get to the roots of my lashes and still get my lower lashes coated without smudging or flaking. It gave a very natural look but I like that, so not a ton of volume/length, but enough to make them look fuller and separated.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I just got this and the same time that Clinique has come out with a mascara that features a tiny wand just for lower lashes! I have long upper and lower lashes but the ends of my dark lashes have always been oddly light. I like how mascara brings out the tips of my lashes, though did not use much on lower lashes till now because it would smudge or even with non wp, it was a pain to get on properly.

I also have down turned eyes somewhat and find it I get the very inner lashes both upper and lower, it makes for a more balanced eye. This is a lovely product and great for lower bottom lashes and inner lashes on upper and lower lids. I have yet to try this as my sole mascara because its so new to me but I will update when I have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I bought this mascara to use on my lower lash line. I have very light lower lashes and I don't like using a big brush to define them because it tends to look unnatural and clump up fast. So I thought I'd try this mascara because of the small wand. I think I'd be better off with one of those comb wands for my bottom lashes rather than one like this. It's a tiny natural bristle brush that feels dry and scratchy. You have to place it carefully otherwise you will get a huge black dot on your waterline. Ugh. I hate fussy products. Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by julia882

I really, really, REALLY love this mascara due to the mini brush. I have never had a problem with clumping and my lashes are super long when I use this. However, this mascara does smudge badly. I end up with smudges below my eyebrows and underneath my eyes (even though I don't use mascara on my lower lashes). I was having to use a Q-tip and eye makeup remover halfway through every day. If they would change the formula, I would consider repurchasing, but for now, I'll stick to a mascara that doesn't smudge!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by sharonblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate that this mascara has been discontinued, it did wonders for my thin lashes. They still have the very black at Wal Mart but my lashes are blonde, so the brownish black worked the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this for my lower lashes and side lashes and love the results. It doesn't smudge either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by littlemisssweetandpetite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

i swear by this mascara. i will never use a another mascara in my life. makes my lashes super long, doesn't clump at alllll, small brush allows me to get even my innermost and outermost lashes. highly recommended!