April 20, 2014 | 1313 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Matte Anti-Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by resco

This produce is virtually magical. I use the product to reduce the shine on my nose. Within seconds, the product absorbs shine, leaving a smooth and matte appearance. On the down side, however, using too much will leave a white, cakey look as the product turns into a powdery consistency. Thus, to ensure ideal results, one must only use very little of the product. A tiny drop of goes a long way. For this reason, I believe that its expensive price has merit. In addition, the product does not feel heavy or noticeable. All-in-all, a fantastic way to say good bye to those shiny-face days.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AriesD

I wasn't sure about this product when I first saw it. Like many reviewers on here, I have tried many primers that have been duds. I asked for a sample of this as my Sephora, and tried it out for about three days. I can get pretty oily throughout the day, so I applied this on my T-Zone and on my cheeks. If you spread a thin enough layer and blend the edges well, it will blend into your skin and not leave a tell tale white mark. It can't be too thin, though or it may not work very well. If you put too much you could feel a tightness in your skin. I think this product works really well for me, as I did not get too oil during the day, and any oil I did get gave me a dewy look as opposed to a "dipped in grease" look. Since I didn't get too oily, my blush stayed on all day, which is a real plus for me. I find that even if I don't wear any foundation or concealer that this is a must for me to wear otherwise I do become an oil slick at the end of the day. It's a bit expensive ($27), but I feel it's definitely worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really did help with oiliness and shine, but for some reason it clogged my pores so badly. I started to form small blemishes all over my forehead, and larger blemishes on my chin. My skin is naturally very oily, and sensitive to product, but I rarely breakout unless I am sleeping in my makeup, about to start my cycle, or not washing my face after being outside or sweating at the gym. Ulta let me exchange the product for something else, but I was still disapointed that I have yet to find a good anti-shine, mattifier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Asianblondie

Best anti shine product Ive ever used, and Ive tried them all. Love this!! I use it over my foundation, only on my nose and forehead and keeps me shine free for hours. I work long hours, so just keep it in my makeup bag and only need to touch up maybe once a day. I also have large pores around my nose and finds this product makes them less noticeable. I highly recommend this to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by rgal93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the world's oiliest t-zone- literally, I soak through two oil absorbing sheets every few hours, and when I tried this in the store it seemed amazing. It absorbed all the oil on my nose and forehead completely and even left me with this dry, tight feeling that I'm really not used to due to the slickness of my skin! I was really impressed so I bought it. But less than an hour later my skin was starting to feel oily again. It was less oily, but the matte feel and look was gone. I'm going to keep giving this more tries but so far I'm not blown away.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tmacklem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! Good at disguising pores , although the product does require touch up every few hours or so. Gives a nice, matt finish. I also noticed it helps to keep make up smudge free if applied under eyeliner or undereye concealer.
Best I've found so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product with a healthy amount of skepticism because I didn't fully believe it would control my oilies but to my surprise this product worked for me. I use it to control the oil on my nose and to prime my eye lids (which are very oily) prior to using a base and applying eyeshadows. Granted, I usually have some oil peeking through on my nose a few hours after application but I can live with this oversight since it dramatically reduces the need to used blotting papers and blotting powder. Also, this product stops my eyeshadows from creasing and prolongs their staying power so I don't have touch up my makeup throughout the day. Smashbox's Anti Shine has made a difference in the wear and lasting power of my makeup and I am very happy that I discovered this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2009 8:11:00 AM More reviews by tangerine_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Smashbox antishine several years ago, so I don't know if their formulation is better now. Initial oil control was nice, and application smooth. However, after several hours, I would be shiny again. In addition, looking into the mirror, I could see matte areas on my nose, and "cracks" in the antishine where I was oily. This was not an attractive look. I would have preferred an even return to oiliness, and not this strange highway maze, if that makes sense. I prefer regular loose powder to this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ocervantes88

Didn't really think it would work... but i decided to give it a try! and now i love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by eav5445

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This DOES work!
I have pretty oily skin that drives me nuts; I have the gross shiny look I would get midway through the day, plus makeup would never stay on me. However ever since I got my first tube of this I use it everyday!
I've found it works best to use it after moisturizing, but before foundation. You can even mix it with a normal primer if you wish, I do this on special occasions.
It does have a somewhat weird consistency, it's not meant to be rubbed in all over your face, but lightly smoothed on in places where you need protection.
It's expensive, but the tube really does last forever. I use less than a pea-size amount everyday, that's all you need!
If you have oily skin, just go to sephora and try it. It has made such a difference with my makeup.