November 26, 2014 | 1792 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by awchicago

This powder is light and not for those who are looking for fuller coverage. The subtle shimmer brightens my complexion but is not sparkly. I use my own brush as the pad it comes with is flat and actually sheds, threw it out..color selection is good and finishes/sets my make-up nicely. The slight fragrance is also nice as long as your skin will not react to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by alissarn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chanel, being Chanel, produced another item of impeccable quality. I got this in 50 peche, which matches my skin tone perfectly. It comes with a powder puff- although I wouldnt go so far to call it a puff as it is quite flat.
The powder isn't heavy at all and has sheer shimmer in it which doesnt show up on the skin at all. It also has a subtle scent- Chance by Chanel, maybe? If you want a heavier coverage dont pick this- but if you want it just for touch-ups (T-zone especially) it is perfect. And its very compact so great on the go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I purchased this powder in Translucent Sun because I wanted a powder with yellow tones in it to give me that slight warm glow for the winter since Im super pale. The color is gorgeus and thats about it.
I was extremely disappointed after applying this powder which looked very heavy and it looked like it was sitting on top of my makeup, I dont mind looking made up but this looked absolutely absurd, I gave it so many chances trying it over different foundations,primers, you name it, and it still looked awful, after all it is Chanel and paying top dollar ($45) you expect the best of the best. Due to this bad experience I will just stick with Chanel's glosses which are unbeatable, and I will steer clear of any powders, foundations, etc. I will continue to stick with my HG powder Lucidity from EL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I would give this 3.5 lippies. This is definitely a finishing powder and not a foundation powder because it has only light coverage. This does not have buidable coverage because when you apply too much, it makes skin appear dry and cakey. It does feel very light like others have said.

I have this in 110 Beige Claire which has a very light shimmer that imparts a very natural glow. The shade is equivalent to NC 25 which is a tad light for my NC 30-35 skin. It is good for those with yellow undertones.

When applied with a light hand (I use my ecotools kabuki brush) this gives a soft airbrushed finish to my skin. However, like others have said, you still need concealer unless you have flawless skin because it does not even skin tone well. I have mixed thoughts about this product. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It is nice for the days when I don't want to wear too much makeup but it is basically useless for daily use. I would say this has average lasting power, definitely better than Bare Minerals for example. However, this is not recommended for sensitive skin. If I wear this for consecutive days, it makes my skin break out.

This is probably better suited for normal/combination skin types with clear complexions, and those who are not sensitive to most powders.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's definetely not worth the price. It's translucent, but if you put on just a little more than necessary, it will look too powdery and heavy. It's not that finely milled and it doesn't last really long, too. I use it on my T-zone as a setting powder and although the compact is really pretty, when I finish it I will buy MAC MSFN, wich I think has the same concept but is a much better product and also has a better price.
For reference, I'm NC20 and I use this product in 30 Naturel - Translucent 2. It's a good match, although a little too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bebexlove

Recently bought this powder after thinking about if I really needed it.. wanted it.. etc.etc..
Was a bit of a impulse purchase but I do not regret it! Absolutely lovely powder.. matches me perfectly and leaves a very smooth finish... I wouldn't call it exactly a fix for oilys but I don't believe it's meant for that.. so I will not be rating it for that!

Is it worth the price tag? If you love chanel and their cosmetics and don't mind splurging.. go right ahead! WORTH IT! (=

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is decent. It is very sheer which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your needs. I use it to touch up my makeup and it works fine for cutting shine on my combo/dry skin. It doesn't last long on the skin though which is a definate negative. Also, it seems like the color range isn't all that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Bekmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had a hard time with pressed powders. All that I've tried made my skin dry, showed all my imperfections and made me look dull. So i stayed away from pressed powders until I read all the reviews about Chanel. I figured oh why not. This is my HG powder! It has a lovely soft finish when you wear it. It didn't dry out my skin and it evened my skin tone. Now this powder isnt full cover. So some of my freckles still show thru. But its ok with me as I dont want to hide them. I dont care for the compact itself too much. Nice packaging , large mirror, the applicator that came with it is useless, I use my own brush. I would prefer for it not to be Chanel because its sooo expensive for makeup. I will try to look for a cheaper brand but for now this is it! I will def by again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The amazing thing about this powder is that it doesn't even feel like you're applying powder to your face (in the traditional sense). It's so light-weight, feels like nothing, yet it does a decent job of mattifying the skin. Also, I've had my compact for two years and I still have half of the powder left. I have this in Shade 02, and it has warm undertones, but only slightly. I like that it comes with a velvet pouch, so that I can throw it in my purse without being afraid of damaging the compact. It has a faint scent, and the compact is sturdy. The finish is also very natural and matte. It's $54 CDN, but I would highly recommend it, because it lasts a long time (if you don't use it obsessively!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by iAMrandom1096

I've had this powder for a REALLY long time now, and after so many years of having it, I've finally hit pan, which is really upsetting since this is my holy grail powder.
It sets foundation/tinted moisturizer (in my case) perfectly and it gives a nice matte finish. I especially love it because it gives a really soft look and it doesn't make your face look cakey AT ALL.
I just really love it and i think it's definitely worth it.