April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2005 10:24:00 PM More reviews by nadery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This creme is too harsh for my dry sensitive skin. Every time I use it, I have to make sure I don't push too hard (I am trying to finish up the bottle). I also would not use it every day, which is what I am doing with the Dove exfoliating creme.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ms325i

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser is basic, yet does a good job of removing oil and dirt without drying the skin. The exfoliant beads do a decent job of giving my skin a smooth texture. I especially like the packaging which makes it very convenient for travelling..you can just throw it in your make-up bag and not worry about breakage or leaks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 12:49:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

We gals are loyal when we find just the right product! This cleanser is a HG/staple for me. I tried various brands for my combo skin - most cleansers leave my face dry and tight (and then sooo oily again later), and I don't like the ones that feel greasy (never feel like my skin gets truly clean). It cleans well without stripping my face of its moisture or leaving any oily residue behind. Removes face makeup well also. This cleanser doesn't cause any skin issues for me, in dry or very humid climates. I actually think it's evened out my skin so it's "normal" again instead of combo. The scrubby beads are just right - I can lather up lightly or really scrub depending on how dirty my face is, and still never dry out my skin. My husband swore he would never use anything but Ivory soap on his face (blessed is he, with normal skin!) but now he's a convert - and it keeps him from breaking out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

I've had this cleanser for a while and finally got around to using it for the first time today. I ended up giving this three lippies because I think it's OK. It doesn't moisturize like I would expect this cleanser for dry skin to do, but I didn't really notice it drying out my skin anymore than it was before I washed with this. I did find this gentle though and I kind of liked the light exfoliation since I have sensitive skin as well as it being dry. I don't know how well this would remove makeup because I use cold cream or cold cream cleansers for that purpose. I don't have to use much of this at a time (not much bigger than pea size), so it'll last me a while, but I won't be buying this again since I know there's a better cleanser for dry skin like Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Solutions Dry Skin Cream Cleanser. Too bad it's not that easy for me to find around here. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff! I don't know how this works, but somehow it manages to exfoliate without destroying my skin. I use it every day. I have bizarre combo skin which is very sensitive, so it's really kind of a miracle find for me - my skin has never been this smooth and glowing! Really a lovely product, especially for the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Lannie782

This is suppose to be made for dry skin, but it made my dry skin turn into dry patches when I didn't have large amounts of dry patches to begin with. I've used it for a month now, and the texture is nice to exfoliate but this is not made for everyday wash. Thanks to this horrid product, my face peels and turning into a rough surface! I even have fine lines and creases now too! I NEVER HAD THEM BEFORE THIS. The only reason I bought this was because Target said they ran out of Dove and had a discount on this b/c of that. It's a huge amount for what you pay for, but not for what it turned my skin into. It's going to take another month of care and GENTLE exfoliating to turn it back into soft skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by sencha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have repurchased this many times over. Saved my skin when it was going through a "change" & nothing seemed to be working for me. My skin responds well to the micro-scrubs for exfoliating. This is a great alternative to chemical exfoliation, and my friend who is a combo-skin gal loves this as well. *Edit* This pulls double-duty as a pre-shave prep scrub - works like a charm for a nice close shave!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2005 10:55:00 AM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am trying to replace my Avon Keep it clean cleanser after realizing it doesn't remove even close to all my foundation no matter how much I use or how much I massage it into my face. I was hoping this Nivea cleanser would do better, but it does not. Nivea's one of the few skincare brands drugstore brands which does not test on animals which is why Nivea appealed to me. I love the micro beads as my skin is super smooth after using. Makes my skin feel moisturized as well. I have a normal skin type. Skin does not feel tight at all after use. The issue is that the micro ex-foliating beads paired w/ a cream consistency seems to repel against one another and the micro beads seem to soak up the cream cleanser. After a few massages into the face suddenly the cream is all gone and all I have left is the micro-beads. The cleanser needs to be a more creamy gel consistency similar to Avon's Keep It Clean as then it would not disappear so quickly into the beads. This cleans my face no better then Keep it clean as I use my toner afterwords on a cotton pad and there's still plenty of makeup on my face. If Nivea makes another cleaner I'll try it as I'd love to not have to resort to purchasing on-line again like I've been doing w/ Avon. It's just so difficult to find drug store brands that do not test on animals & it's just not cost worthy to pay more then $10 max for a cleanser at a department store.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 6:25:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

this is an ok product- i like to use it as my basic cleanser along wth oil of olay total facial wipes but i have found that my skin has become congested around the chin esp and a little oily around the t zone with the warmer weather and this cleanser just doesnt cut it...am planning on adding md glycolic cleanser to my arsenal...
overall an average product, good price, good packaging and a basic staple. EDIT: found my skin was gettin irritated in the mornings when i used this so i switched to PC for n/o skin and my skin is 100% nicer. This is not GENTLE as it claims nor does it fully clean your face! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by HKWhitney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after having problems with Aveeno cleansing pads. I never have problems with dry skin or oily skin, just normal and sensitive. I was starting to break out after using Aveeno and was having bad dry skin after using that product. I found this in my local grocery store and after trying it will never give it up. It is very gentle and exfoliates without drying skin. I have softer skin than I have ever had and highly recommend this product to anyone with sensitive normal to dry skin. Pair with their moisturizing toner and simply glowing and you will be happy.