Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream

3.6

on 11/14/2006 7:58:00 AM

This is a nice, cheap everyday cleanser for dry skin. I have combo, quite sensitive skin and use this in wintertime. It's soft, washes clean without stripping skin and has a neutral clean scent.

on 10/11/2006 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I have dry and senstitive skin and it definitely does not make me dry or break out.

I will definitely buy it again.

on 8/15/2006 1:16:00 AM

I have been using this product for over three years. My skin is very sensitive and this product seems to be the only product that actually works. My skin is so sensitive that it reacts instantly to any type of products but this one. it makes my skin nice and soft, cleans and does not sry out my skin.

on 8/4/2006 11:06:00 AM

Not much as a cleanser but a nice, gentle scrub. I use it each morning as a scrub and then follow with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser to make sure all traces are removed. Much more gentle than the St Ives products I was using previously. Have been using for a few months now and will continue to use. Helps to control flakes.

on 7/14/2006 9:51:00 AM

Horrible! I really wanted to like this product, but when using it my face started to sting and got red. Nothing for me!

on 2/10/2006 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful! My skin is normal, but cleansers for normal skins are too irritating for me, and this one saved my skin, literally. I hated Neutrogena's cleanser for sensitive to dry skin which totally dried me out and left my skin tight and rough. This one has micro-encapsulated moisturizers, Aloe Vera and Chamomile, and is more effective than anything else for ladies with normal to dry skins. I do have a trick which enables me to clean myself better: I put it on wet face with wet hands - seems to go on lighter and more effective. HG!

on 9/10/2005 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This creme is too harsh for my dry sensitive skin. Every time I use it, I have to make sure I don't push too hard (I am trying to finish up the bottle). I also would not use it every day, which is what I am doing with the Dove exfoliating creme.

on 8/23/2005 3:31:00 PM

This cleanser is basic, yet does a good job of removing oil and dirt without drying the skin. The exfoliant beads do a decent job of giving my skin a smooth texture. I especially like the packaging which makes it very convenient for travelling..you can just throw it in your make-up bag and not worry about breakage or leaks.

on 7/7/2005 12:49:00 PM

We gals are loyal when we find just the right product! This cleanser is a HG/staple for me. I tried various brands for my combo skin - most cleansers leave my face dry and tight (and then sooo oily again later), and I don't like the ones that feel greasy (never feel like my skin gets truly clean). It cleans well without stripping my face of its moisture or leaving any oily residue behind. Removes face makeup well also. This cleanser doesn't cause any skin issues for me, in dry or very humid climates. I actually think it's evened out my skin so it's "normal" again instead of combo. The scrubby beads are just right - I can lather up lightly or really scrub depending on how dirty my face is, and still never dry out my skin. My husband swore he would never use anything but Ivory soap on his face (blessed is he, with normal skin!) but now he's a convert - and it keeps him from breaking out.

on 6/24/2005 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've had this cleanser for a while and finally got around to using it for the first time today. I ended up giving this three lippies because I think it's OK. It doesn't moisturize like I would expect this cleanser for dry skin to do, but I didn't really notice it drying out my skin anymore than it was before I washed with this. I did find this gentle though and I kind of liked the light exfoliation since I have sensitive skin as well as it being dry. I don't know how well this would remove makeup because I use cold cream or cold cream cleansers for that purpose. I don't have to use much of this at a time (not much bigger than pea size), so it'll last me a while, but I won't be buying this again since I know there's a better cleanser for dry skin like Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Solutions Dry Skin Cream Cleanser. Too bad it's not that easy for me to find around here. :(