August 27, 2014 | 1789 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tjgillham

Not much as a cleanser but a nice, gentle scrub. I use it each morning as a scrub and then follow with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser to make sure all traces are removed. Much more gentle than the St Ives products I was using previously. Have been using for a few months now and will continue to use. Helps to control flakes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Ajziz

Horrible! I really wanted to like this product, but when using it my face started to sting and got red. Nothing for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful! My skin is normal, but cleansers for normal skins are too irritating for me, and this one saved my skin, literally. I hated Neutrogena's cleanser for sensitive to dry skin which totally dried me out and left my skin tight and rough. This one has micro-encapsulated moisturizers, Aloe Vera and Chamomile, and is more effective than anything else for ladies with normal to dry skins. I do have a trick which enables me to clean myself better: I put it on wet face with wet hands - seems to go on lighter and more effective. HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2005 10:24:00 PM More reviews by nadery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This creme is too harsh for my dry sensitive skin. Every time I use it, I have to make sure I don't push too hard (I am trying to finish up the bottle). I also would not use it every day, which is what I am doing with the Dove exfoliating creme.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ms325i

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser is basic, yet does a good job of removing oil and dirt without drying the skin. The exfoliant beads do a decent job of giving my skin a smooth texture. I especially like the packaging which makes it very convenient for travelling..you can just throw it in your make-up bag and not worry about breakage or leaks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 12:49:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

We gals are loyal when we find just the right product! This cleanser is a HG/staple for me. I tried various brands for my combo skin - most cleansers leave my face dry and tight (and then sooo oily again later), and I don't like the ones that feel greasy (never feel like my skin gets truly clean). It cleans well without stripping my face of its moisture or leaving any oily residue behind. Removes face makeup well also. This cleanser doesn't cause any skin issues for me, in dry or very humid climates. I actually think it's evened out my skin so it's "normal" again instead of combo. The scrubby beads are just right - I can lather up lightly or really scrub depending on how dirty my face is, and still never dry out my skin. My husband swore he would never use anything but Ivory soap on his face (blessed is he, with normal skin!) but now he's a convert - and it keeps him from breaking out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

I've had this cleanser for a while and finally got around to using it for the first time today. I ended up giving this three lippies because I think it's OK. It doesn't moisturize like I would expect this cleanser for dry skin to do, but I didn't really notice it drying out my skin anymore than it was before I washed with this. I did find this gentle though and I kind of liked the light exfoliation since I have sensitive skin as well as it being dry. I don't know how well this would remove makeup because I use cold cream or cold cream cleansers for that purpose. I don't have to use much of this at a time (not much bigger than pea size), so it'll last me a while, but I won't be buying this again since I know there's a better cleanser for dry skin like Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Solutions Dry Skin Cream Cleanser. Too bad it's not that easy for me to find around here. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff! I don't know how this works, but somehow it manages to exfoliate without destroying my skin. I use it every day. I have bizarre combo skin which is very sensitive, so it's really kind of a miracle find for me - my skin has never been this smooth and glowing! Really a lovely product, especially for the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Lannie782

This is suppose to be made for dry skin, but it made my dry skin turn into dry patches when I didn't have large amounts of dry patches to begin with. I've used it for a month now, and the texture is nice to exfoliate but this is not made for everyday wash. Thanks to this horrid product, my face peels and turning into a rough surface! I even have fine lines and creases now too! I NEVER HAD THEM BEFORE THIS. The only reason I bought this was because Target said they ran out of Dove and had a discount on this b/c of that. It's a huge amount for what you pay for, but not for what it turned my skin into. It's going to take another month of care and GENTLE exfoliating to turn it back into soft skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by sencha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have repurchased this many times over. Saved my skin when it was going through a "change" & nothing seemed to be working for me. My skin responds well to the micro-scrubs for exfoliating. This is a great alternative to chemical exfoliation, and my friend who is a combo-skin gal loves this as well. *Edit* This pulls double-duty as a pre-shave prep scrub - works like a charm for a nice close shave!