April 21, 2014 | 1907 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Fortifying Deep Conditioner 3 Minute Masque

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by katield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to have horribly damaged hair and this is definitely the best drug-store brand conditioner that I found. It rivals many of the prestige brands and is so inexpensive comparatively. After using it my hair was noticeably easier to handle.

My only complaint is the packaging. I think that the only reason companies put this stuff in a jar is because they think we're dumb and will assume that it's fancier. It's really inconvenient to use in the shower because of this and I don't see any reason for it to not be in a tube or regular bottle. Annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by juldougherty

I have extremely curly hair, and it gets dry every once in a while. this is a really good deep conditioner. It makes my hair silky and easy to comb through. I use it about once a week and have noticed my hair is overall less frizzy, which is really important in the humid summer months. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. As someone said before, the twist off cap is a little awkward, especially when I have the conditioner in one hand and have to try to close it. I've dropped it several times in the shower and have lost some of the product. Now I just make sure i have a spot to put the open jar and the lid in the shower while i put the conditioner in, then I close it. Even with the sometimes annoying packaging, I will still continue to use and buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by stella2192

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had this in my shower forever. First off, I have thin thin thin hair. So I only use this when I have knots in my hair, or when I am craving a whiff of the amazing fruity scent. The only qualm I actually have with this conditioner is the packaging. I always twist off the top, grab some of the conditioner with my fingers, and then awkwardly try to twist the top back on (so the shower water doesn't get in). I know that may not be a big deal to most...but I always have to find a dry spot to place the conditioner on if I cannot screw on the cap right away with my soapy hands :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

I'm not sure how much this is if I were to purchase it, but I got a sample with their hair coloring product. I used it after coloring my hair. It is great and leaves my hair soft and silky as opposed to using nothing at all and having brittle hair. Good stuff. Will repurchase if I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched from Herbal Essence products to using GF Length and Strength Shampoo and Conditioner and GF Deep Conditioner all at about the same time, so I can't say which of the 3 GF products made a difference, or if they all just work together. Regardless, since switching to this line of products, I have had noticeable fewer hairs breaking off in the shower and on my brush! I've never had a problem growing my hair long (it's so thick that even if a lot break off, there's still plenty of hairs left to grow long) but I am pleased that this has helped my hair breakage.

It does seem like I need to use a fair amount of product to coat my hair, but since it's pretty cheap and I only use it once a week I don't mind. I let this soak for about 10-15 minutes once a week in the shower. When I'm done, my hair is super-soft (noticeably softer than on a regular day) and tangle-free for the rest of the day! It actually almost feels a bit greasy sometimes, but since it doesn't look greasy I'm normally not bothered by it. However, I wouldn't advise using this on a day that you wanted to put your hair in a fancy updo since the hair almost feels "slick" afterwards! But since my hair is currently fairly short, I always wear it down so it's not a problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty "meh" about this product. It makes hair kind of softer, but you have to use A LOT to get it all through your hair. It's really not doing that much for me, 20-30 minutes of letting olive oil soak into my hair before shampooing does waayyy more.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ugh this is a pain to use i hate tubs in the shower w/ a handful of condish its hard to screw a lid on. its not anything special i use the color sheild one. i won't buy again. im using organic hair mayo from ethnic section now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have slightly thick, at-my-bra-strap, curly hair. This product doesn't impress me. Yes, it makes my hair soft/smooth/silky, but it only feels like that when my hair is wet. It dries normal like if I use my regular conditioner. I like that it's thick, but I have to use A LOT for it to spread everywhere. Also, you have to slather it on for it to do something (I missed some parts of my hair where others got a lot of product), 'cause if not it'll just be a tiny bit soft, if it does anything at all. My regular conditioner gives me the same results. I'd only recommend this if your hair is thin or straight/slightly wavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by soooo

Absolutely love it! it makes my hair so soft and detangles it. i use the one that says strength and repair on it. i think its new cuz its not on the website yet. but it really does help breakage a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

I buy this over and over. Now that I have short hair, I find itīs crucial to apply this masque 3x a week.
My hair holds its style better and has no frizzies.
I have no other masques to compare it to though, but it seems to do the trick for me.
Would like another container, maybe a squeeze bottle.