August 28, 2014 | 919 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by willa87

Through a rebate, I got the biggest possible size of this stuff for FREE! I've realized that there is no such thing as a great shampoo for me, but this one is definitely above average. It makes my shower experience more enjoyable and it doesn't leave greasy build-up. The packaging and scent are excellent.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by suzeuk

Hate hate hate!

Despite having greasy hair - because I colour it I used this. It dried my hair up so bad even with conditioner !!! I could not get a brush through my short hair!!

Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2006 2:13:00 PM More reviews by curlgirl28

I used this product when it first came out and didn't have a problem with it. I bought it again about two weeks ago. The first day after using it I developed this bumpy, itchy sore spot on my scalp. I didn't think anything about it being related to the shampoo at first, but after a week of using it, I had three more pop up. I hadn't changed my skin or hair care regime in any other way prior to the sores showing up. I stopped using the shampoo and conditioner after a week, and I didn't get anymore sores. I've since switched to dandruff shampoo to try to get the areas, which are now flaking, to heal. The shampoo and conditioner also left this funky texture to my scalp, like it was greasy and flaky all at the same time. That feeling still hasn't gone away after two weeks. I guess I finally know how my dog feels when she gets a hotspot. Not good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by trempot

I'm such a sucker for scented shampoos that don't make my hair feel heavy or sticky, that's why I love this shampoo! My dry hair looks very manageable and smooth with this. This is very nice for girls who live in constantly hot and sunny weather. It doesn't dry my hair out and feels wonderful. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by BlondeBabe1986

I like this shampoo and the matching conditioner...it made my dyed hair extremely soft and manageable! I was amazed at how soft it felt when I got out of the shower. I'm not currently using this product, just because I'm using something specially formulated for blonde hair. My mother continues to use this shampoo though, and she won't buy anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Natasha79

I am surprised this product got such lousy reviews. I've been a faithful user of this shampoo for the last two years and it has almost become my HG. I use the matching conditioner as well, and they make my frizzy hair soft and manageable without weighing it down. I do get build-up from all the styling products I use, and for that I must resort to a different clarifying shampoo every 2 weeks. But otherwise this is great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by hoarder

this is a very moisturizing shampoo. it makes my hair feel so SOFT. i didn't have any problems with it "not lathering or not rinsing well." however, i don't use this for a few days straight, i have to switch to a different shampoo to make my hair fell "clean and light" then go back to this (i shampoo twice a day)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2006 7:48:00 AM More reviews by 17girl_ro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it`s bad ! i know usualy garnier doesn`t make good shampoo, but this is to much...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by blondemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh thank goodness--I am NOT the ONLY one who thinks this shampoo is the worst thing they've ever come across!!! I will start out with the positive (note that I am using the SINGULAR term, not plural!). This shampoo has a nice mango/tropical scent. And that, my friends, is where the positives end and the mega-ranting begins!! GRRRRRRRRR....

Okay, I put volumizing hairspray on my roots about FOUR days ago. Hmm, I have since washed my hair approximately 5 or 6 times. Funny enough, I still seem to have that HAIRSPRAY FROM FOUR DAYS AGO in my hair--it's like it never left. I scrub and scrub and rinse and re-scrub my hair with this Garnier Fructis pile of freakin crap and it does absolutely nothing!! I was almost in tears today because my hair looks so AWFUL and GREASY and DISGUSTING. I put my hands through my hair and my hair literally sticks to my fingers. It is soooo horrible. I can't even believe a shampoo could be so worthless.

This shampoo has no lathering ability at all. ZILCH, ZERO, NADA... I use probably triple the amount of shampoo that I would use with other shampoos. And that is simply because it doesn't lather, which in turn makes it feel like I'm not even getting my hair clean. And now after this hairspray incident, I know now that it doesn't get hair clean!! Wow, I'm seriously fuming as I type this.

I am being forced to go to the store today and buy a different kind of shampoo because I want this freakin hairspray out of my hair.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THIS PRODUCT LIKE IT'S THE PLAGUE. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!! SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

Thank you. That is all...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by audreyk

I wanted to like this shampoo as I had success with garnier's other products. but this shampoo made my hair greasy!!! and not only that, it made my scalp so dry i had dandruff! i'venever had any problems with dandruff in my life. it was soo gross. and since it made my roots so greasy and flat and limp, i tried using it only my ends where my hair is dry, but it didn't matter. how can it make my roots so greasy and my scalp so dry? perplexing. i will never use this even if you paid me.