Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/6/2006 5:59:00 AM

I like this product. In the winter in particular I suffer from very dry itchy skin and need to slather on the lotion to prevent this. The smell was slightly odd, not really perfumed but vegetable smelling, which I guess makes sense due to the carotene. I thought it was going to be too oily but it absorbed well and at the end the day my skin still feels peachy and moisturised and markedly softer. I have given this 4 stars for performance, not giving it 5 stars because of the smell and texture, which although fine, leave this falling a little short of being a HG body lotion.

on 10/1/2005 1:46:00 PM

This is actually a body lotion, but I used it as my nighttime face lotion when I was going through my sensitive-skin-where-everything-I-use-burns-like-fire-on-my-face phase. It smells good, with a scent just bordering on "too much of a good thing" but I have a sensitive nose, so that might be why. It moisturizes really well, and didn't make my somewhat oily face oilier or shinier. It is sooo gentle, and quite runny too, so oily-skinned girls can use this too. I tried it ONCE as a body lotion (since the only reason I bought it was to use it as a face lotion) but I liked it better as a face lotion. It's not too bad as a body lotion though.

on 9/26/2005 11:14:00 PM

I love this. My husband likes it. I wish that the lotion was not so thin. Also, I broke out when I attempted to use it as a face lotion as per Burt's Bees instruction (make sure your face is damp and then apply a little bit of Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion).

on 8/17/2005 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The texture is nice, gently moisturising. But it smells tooooooo sweet! I got sick and had to wash out. Awful!

on 8/9/2005 11:00:00 AM

A staple! Soothes my burning legs after shaving like nothing else. I use it all over and love the scent, price, packaging, etc. I have found though, that although the packaging says you can use it on your face, it's a bit too moisturizing for that purpose on me. I would certainly recommend and will continue to purchase.

on 8/1/2005 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this in a sampler pack.

I think it is a good lotion, I actually use it on my face, I think maybe it would be too moisturizing for my body. A little goes a long way, it seems good quality. I really like the smell too. It didn't turn me yellow like some people said it did, but maybe that's because I have tan skin.

on 7/17/2005 8:23:00 PM

The lotion has a neat aroma (which my mother doesn't agree with - she finds it is bizarre, but that seems to be the trend here too) and is lightly moisturing and refreshing. I use it at night on my hands and my face for a little extra moisture.

on 6/1/2005 12:12:00 PM

love the smell...natural and refreshing...moisturizes well

on 4/23/2005 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hate the smell. Hate the stickiness. Glad I only got the trial size in the sample kit. Will not repurchase.

on 3/27/2005 1:18:00 PM

I didn't like this at all. The smell is horrible and it didn't seem to moisturize my skin. I'm sticking with TBS Body butters.

Popular Lotions / Creams