Chanel Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had purchased this product last summer after hearing the rave reviews, but after playing with it for about a month it just sat in my makeup drawer. It didn't look great on me, and at that point it was too late to return. But this summer I brought it out again, wondering what was so special about this very light but extremly expensive bronzer. I have medium skin that turns more of an olive color in the summer and just putting it on the apples of my cheeks/forhead/jaw didn't do it for me (I like to look very tan!). But I've found that its an excellent base for a pop of bronzer on the cheeks, forhead, etc. What I do is rub my finger in the pot then mix a little bit of my regualr, untinted moisturizer with it and apply it all over my face as a light foundation. The result is very glowly/tan skin that I can apply a poweder bronzer over where the sun naturally hits. I also use a little cream blush and then Nars Orgasm for a very sun kissed look. I think this could also work when im very pale in the winter, I'd just use a little less. Hope this helps someone who couldn't find how to wear this in a way that works for their skin tone.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. It was out of stock at my local Macy's counter for so long and I waited about 4-5 weeks for it to restock. Once it did, they called and let me know and put one on the side for me. I went there the day that it came in, and they were already sold out! Lucky for me, I asked them to hold it. :) I absolutely love this product. It is completely matte (someone wrote below that it has shimmer...I don't think they are using the same product), which makes me happy, because I am not a big fan of shimmery bronzers (or shimmery anything for that matter). I love the consistency, very lightweight, easy to blend, and you need very little to achieve a nice tan glow. Thoroughly love this product. Would buy this a million times over. Totally worth every penny.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Sensitive, acne prone skin people be careful. The first 2 ingredients is silicone. I absolutely loved the consistancy and color of this product. I am an nc25-n30, HOWEVER, it broke me out like crazy. I would stop using this and allow my skin to clear, as soon as I would give it another try, I would break out with cystic type acne everytime. I tried this product 10 plus times to allow my skin to clear and give it another go. But consistantly it would make me break out. And anytime when the 1st or 2 ingredients has silicone in it in a product, I break out (Most primers I have this problem as well). But if its towards the end of the ingredients list, I am okay. Keep in mind, the ingredient closest to the top of the list it has more of that ingredient. I am envious of you ladies that can use this. :)

on 7/13/2011 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i really don't understand what all the fuss is about this product i was waiting for weeks on end for the store to restock because it was sold out every where. this product reminds me of a hard dream matt mousse with shimmer it hardly shows up on my skin and im stupidly pale so this won't work at all for darker skin tones. it's very long lasting thats the only good thing i can think of

on 7/12/2011 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this bronzer on my light toned skin (NC15/20, MUFE HD 117, Chanel VA B10, BB Warm Ivory). Lots of people say it's orange, and I can see it being orange if you over apply or have pink toned skin. But on my light, warm toned skin I find it gives me a healthy sunny glow. I use VERY LITTLE since I'm so pale, with a synthetic bristle slanted blush brush. Then I put it on the high points in my face and the ultimate finished look is very natural. Remember, this is builds easily, so start very light and build since it can get intense quickly. I find it looks more natural than many purely brown toned bronzers which can look like dirt. It's expensive but since I use so little it will literally last me forever. The only downside is that it's has a harder surface so most likely some bristles of your brush will get stuck in it. This is more of a inconvenience than a real negative though. I would definitely buy this again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love bronzers and am always looking for one that doesn't turn me orange. Chanel products are usually very consistent in quality so I decided to give this a try. The consistency of this product is the first thing that sort of put me off as it is a cream but really heavy. I hate that all my brushes leave behind little hairs on the surface and I have to clean it constantly. I tried applying with a beauty blender but did not get a good result. The product definitely does not turn you orange and it is a very subtle glow that is buildable. It is probably the best sun kissed glow I have gotten from any product. The one problem is that I don't find it very easy to buff this color into my skin, once I put it on, it stays put. Guess that's a really good thing for Summer.

on 5/24/2011 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have been using this product for a few years now and it's never failed to reproduce the most natural tanned summer complexion. It lasts longer than expected, so I always end up with some left over from the year before (and in perfect condition if you keep it clean and top well screwed on). If you need more coverage, you can mix with it with your standard foundation, especially in the transition period from spring to summer when you need to adapt the shade and consistency of cosmetics to the warmer season. It only comes in one universal shade and it seems to be "universally" flattering as you can dose the quantity and the results. I'm shade Chanel B40 and it matches my skin quite well, although it looks pretty dark in the jar. A sweep of nice bronzer or cream blush/rouge on top will perk up any complexion drained by a long winter.

on 5/24/2011 6:55:00 AM

I adore this product so much, i have oily skin that shines after 2 hours and requires powder throughout the day...although i get dry cheeks and at the side of my eyes. I have pigmentation marks on my forehead and basically have uneven and not so great skin but i can actually skip my foundation (estee lauder double wear) with chanel bronze universal...just moisturize, apply the bronze universal using a large face brush and then add a little concealer under my eyes and on my red bits...then dust over with chanel loose powder and my skin looks amazing, nateral, sunkissed and radiant...but not masked with foundation...it just evens out my skin tone perfectly and doesn't make me oily at all, its great for oily skin, and hasn't broke me out either.....i am normally a mac nw20/EL fresco....i love, a foundation made exactly like this would be amazing..holy grail product for sure.

on 4/24/2011 5:01:00 AM

I had this product collecting dust in the back of my makeup drawer for a while. But after reading the positive reviews on this site, I decided to give it another try. I applied this with the Chanel #8 kabuki brush. Although the color is barely noticeable on my skin (Chanel B30/40), it does lend the most flattering healthy glow. On me, this works more like a highlighter/luminizer with a very subtle color payoff, than a bronzer. But on fairer complexions I think it would be a beautiful bronzer.

on 4/23/2011 1:27:00 AM

Absolutely love this stuff. This is what an actual tan looks like---not that dirt brown that everyone wears that looks like poop. Eww. I tried like every bronzer in Sephora (b/c of the price) before I decided on Chanel. How stupid---I should have known after everything else broke me out that Chanel's high quality never falters.

I love everything about this bronzer---the color, the texture, the lack of shine/shimmer, the mattifying finish, the staying power, you name it! It is so beautiful. I apply this with my MAC 130 brush and it blends wonderfully. Definitely best bronzer on the market---I didn't believe that until I actually tried it.

My thoughts on the "orangey" color that everyone complains about: I think that if you're too light-skinned, stray far away from this b/c it will look very unnatural. However, if you have a wee bit brown in your skin, this bronzer just makes you look amazingly sunkissed. You can control how tan you want to look with this, which is what I really like about it.

I also want to comment on the amount----because it is so pigmented, I feel the $50 is actually worth it since it looks like it would take more than a year to go through all of it. I hope Chanel never discontinues this product otherwise I will go insane!

**EDIT** Broke me out. Since I've stopped wearing it, my skin's gotten wayyyy better. If you're acne-prone with sensitive skin, better to stay away from this. I took off one lippie because other than the breaking out, it's the most amazing bronzer I've ever owned. If your skin can tolerate this, I'd never let it go!!!

Popular Bronzers