October 31, 2014 | 1589 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MandiMommyof3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sensitive, acne prone skin people be careful. The first 2 ingredients is silicone. I absolutely loved the consistancy and color of this product. I am an nc25-n30, HOWEVER, it broke me out like crazy. I would stop using this and allow my skin to clear, as soon as I would give it another try, I would break out with cystic type acne everytime. I tried this product 10 plus times to allow my skin to clear and give it another go. But consistantly it would make me break out. And anytime when the 1st or 2 ingredients has silicone in it in a product, I break out (Most primers I have this problem as well). But if its towards the end of the ingredients list, I am okay. Keep in mind, the ingredient closest to the top of the list it has more of that ingredient. I am envious of you ladies that can use this. :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i really don't understand what all the fuss is about this product i was waiting for weeks on end for the store to restock because it was sold out every where. this product reminds me of a hard dream matt mousse with shimmer it hardly shows up on my skin and im stupidly pale so this won't work at all for darker skin tones. it's very long lasting thats the only good thing i can think of

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

I really like this bronzer on my light toned skin (NC15/20, MUFE HD 117, Chanel VA B10, BB Warm Ivory). Lots of people say it's orange, and I can see it being orange if you over apply or have pink toned skin. But on my light, warm toned skin I find it gives me a healthy sunny glow. I use VERY LITTLE since I'm so pale, with a synthetic bristle slanted blush brush. Then I put it on the high points in my face and the ultimate finished look is very natural. Remember, this is builds easily, so start very light and build since it can get intense quickly. I find it looks more natural than many purely brown toned bronzers which can look like dirt. It's expensive but since I use so little it will literally last me forever. The only downside is that it's has a harder surface so most likely some bristles of your brush will get stuck in it. This is more of a inconvenience than a real negative though. I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MsSunnyEveryday

I absolutely love bronzers and am always looking for one that doesn't turn me orange. Chanel products are usually very consistent in quality so I decided to give this a try. The consistency of this product is the first thing that sort of put me off as it is a cream but really heavy. I hate that all my brushes leave behind little hairs on the surface and I have to clean it constantly. I tried applying with a beauty blender but did not get a good result. The product definitely does not turn you orange and it is a very subtle glow that is buildable. It is probably the best sun kissed glow I have gotten from any product. The one problem is that I don't find it very easy to buff this color into my skin, once I put it on, it stays put. Guess that's a really good thing for Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a few years now and it's never failed to reproduce the most natural tanned summer complexion. It lasts longer than expected, so I always end up with some left over from the year before (and in perfect condition if you keep it clean and top well screwed on). If you need more coverage, you can mix with it with your standard foundation, especially in the transition period from spring to summer when you need to adapt the shade and consistency of cosmetics to the warmer season. It only comes in one universal shade and it seems to be "universally" flattering as you can dose the quantity and the results. I'm shade Chanel B40 and it matches my skin quite well, although it looks pretty dark in the jar. A sweep of nice bronzer or cream blush/rouge on top will perk up any complexion drained by a long winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by bagpuss21

I adore this product so much, i have oily skin that shines after 2 hours and requires powder throughout the day...although i get dry cheeks and at the side of my eyes. I have pigmentation marks on my forehead and basically have uneven and not so great skin but i can actually skip my foundation (estee lauder double wear) with chanel bronze universal...just moisturize, apply the bronze universal using a large face brush and then add a little concealer under my eyes and on my red bits...then dust over with chanel loose powder and my skin looks amazing, nateral, sunkissed and radiant...but not masked with foundation...it just evens out my skin tone perfectly and doesn't make me oily at all, its great for oily skin, and hasn't broke me out either.....i am normally a mac nw20/EL fresco....i love, a foundation made exactly like this would be amazing..holy grail product for sure.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Isanore

I had this product collecting dust in the back of my makeup drawer for a while. But after reading the positive reviews on this site, I decided to give it another try. I applied this with the Chanel #8 kabuki brush. Although the color is barely noticeable on my skin (Chanel B30/40), it does lend the most flattering healthy glow. On me, this works more like a highlighter/luminizer with a very subtle color payoff, than a bronzer. But on fairer complexions I think it would be a beautiful bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this stuff. This is what an actual tan looks like---not that dirt brown that everyone wears that looks like poop. Eww. I tried like every bronzer in Sephora (b/c of the price) before I decided on Chanel. How stupid---I should have known after everything else broke me out that Chanel's high quality never falters.

I love everything about this bronzer---the color, the texture, the lack of shine/shimmer, the mattifying finish, the staying power, you name it! It is so beautiful. I apply this with my MAC 130 brush and it blends wonderfully. Definitely best bronzer on the market---I didn't believe that until I actually tried it.

My thoughts on the "orangey" color that everyone complains about: I think that if you're too light-skinned, stray far away from this b/c it will look very unnatural. However, if you have a wee bit brown in your skin, this bronzer just makes you look amazingly sunkissed. You can control how tan you want to look with this, which is what I really like about it.

I also want to comment on the amount----because it is so pigmented, I feel the $50 is actually worth it since it looks like it would take more than a year to go through all of it. I hope Chanel never discontinues this product otherwise I will go insane!

**EDIT** Broke me out. Since I've stopped wearing it, my skin's gotten wayyyy better. If you're acne-prone with sensitive skin, better to stay away from this. I took off one lippie because other than the breaking out, it's the most amazing bronzer I've ever owned. If your skin can tolerate this, I'd never let it go!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Scarlet1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this with high expectations....as with anything I buy but because it's Chanel and it's expensive I expect...well.....everything. Now the texture is great, packageing great, concept great but.....on me it just isn't amazing. I think it is a great idea though. I do use it daily but for things like my ears, neck and chest. I use a kabuki brush with this so I can blend large areas quickly. I use the same brush to blend my Two Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and cheek blush and it adds a creamy density to these products and I like that. I will miss it when it's gone but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by juillet4paris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had stopped wearing any sort of foundation a few years ago as it just seemed too fake too heavy. Recently during a recent visit to Sephora I decided to check out the Chanel stand, I stumbled upon one of the better make up artist that I've seen recently and she suggested this product to me. It's light, it gives just the right amount of coverage and fits my skin color perfectly. I now use this AS my foundation coupled with the Chanel - Soleil Tan Fluide(Sheer Illuminating Fluid)"Sunkissed" the result is that glowing perfect skin that you see on magazines.