August 27, 2014 | 1599 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Seaweed Clarifying Toner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

Honestly, I was really disappointed in this. I have combination oily skin and I really wanted a product that will help control my oil so I thought I'd give this a try since it isn't too expensive and I've heard good things about it from other people. But I didn't see any difference with my skin at all when I used this, especially with my production of oil. I also didn't notice any shrinkage of my pores. Then again, I usually don't see any physical differences when it comes to toner ... so it might be just me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big toner fan in general, but I tried this to help minimise pores as it claims. It does remove the last traces of make up. It can sometimes sting, but its bearable and only lasts until its dries completely. It hasn't unclogged pores as much as I was expecting, but pores are slightly reduces and a little bit clearer. It hasn't really help mattify either, but my t-zone is super oily. Not sure if I'd buy this again. Probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works best in the summer, in hot, humid conditions. It cuts through grime, sweat, dirt and oil. I not only use it all over my face, I used it on my neck and on the back of my neck.

It may dry out your skin because of the alcohol though.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This toner proves to me, once again, that finding a personal skincare regime is tricky business when it comes to taking another's word and recommendation for a certain product. I got this after hearing others' recs on how great this was for combo/oily skin. In addition, having "Clarifying" in its name added to the attraction as I hoped this would help in clearing up hormonal acne and preventing any non-hormonal related pimples.

This toner did not improve my skin in 'preparing my pores' for moisturizer nor did the seaweed in it hydrate/condition (as it claims) any more than how my skin normally is. Though, it does do well in removing any oils, grime, make-up etc. from the face. I can see this product working for people who regularly wear a full face of make up and want to ensure that their face is clean after cleansing and before moisturizing. But I find that this just dries my skin out, even though I am combo/oily. It didn't help clear up my skin during any kind of breakout either.

All in all, I could probably end with saying that it is just the product itself that does not work for me but that toners in generally don't do much for me. I've tried two of The Body Shop's toners now (the other being from the tea tree line), and I really find that apart from unnecessarily making sure my face is extra "clean", they do not seem to do anything beneficial for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by brunettex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The last comment about parabens concerned me...but I will proceed with how this has worked for me and what I originally wanted to say.

This product helped me so much since I purchased it in the summer. I was (still am somewhat) dealing with cystic acne, and this helped me clear up so much of my pimples and tamed my oily skin. I just had to simplify my routine and use a neutrogena soap bar, this, and a clean moisturizer (olay pink one in jar, dont know the name).

It didn't do much for blackheads, but that's what steaming and Biore strips are for. If all I can get is less oily skin, that is what I'll take. I cannot go without this for one night because I will be attacked by the zits.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by staceyxs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this toner on and off for a couple years now, I first picked it up in the Seaweed starter kit .I have an oily t-zone and it really helped keep the oil at bay. The feeling of it is refreshing and i'm glad it does not contain alcohol, so it doesn't dry out your skin or leave it feeling tight. The only thing that concerns me is the amount of parabens in the toner, since i'm starting to go for more natural choices -I think in the end I won't end up buying this toner again, it's also quite pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by KattyJ

This is honestly the best toner i've used so far! do not remember how much exactly i paid for it but it was buy one get one half-price so i went for the toner and the purifying cream. Initially i was looking for a cream but it ended up being the toner that has totally transformed my skin! during this past little while i used nothing except my cleanser/make-up remover which i normally use. and then i tried this toner for maybe a week. soon after i noticed that my skin GLOWS and people were complementing me on how healthy beautiful and matte my skin looks! I also usually have a couple pimples here and there on my face but i do take good care of them so they go away pretty fast. Now as I've been using this toner for the 3rd week twice a day my face is super clean and even the dark spots from blemishes are gone! they all just have magically faded! Honestly, I havent change anything else in my lifestyle. moreover! I admit that I was guilty of having too much of the unhealthy food in the past month than I should have. Having said that I am absolutely positive that this toner is a pure miracle for my skin! I also love its light scent, it is very fresh and pleasant. I totally recomend it! Plus its a good deal just like any BodyShop product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i must say this is one of the best toners i have ever tryed! i have normal to combo skin, but this works just fine (its ment to be for combo/oily skin). seaweed haves a lot of minerals and antioxidants in it and its great for controlling oil. this toner haves a nice fresh smell, reminds me of the ocean wind :) it tingles on my skin and does refine my pores. they dont disappear, but they look a little bit shrinked and my face feels clean. doesnt dry up my skin at all and i dont think it even haves alcohol in it. i totally recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by loveval

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best toner i've ever used! I recommend it to OILY SKIN! It MINIMIZES my pores, your skin feels FRESH, it's AFFORDABLE, it smells AMAZING, i love the NATURAL ingredients & best of all, IT WORKS :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by lilyphoa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just hit my twenties and I realised I must start doing something to my face. I have normal-combi skin, oily T-zone and normal skin on other areas. I have many clogged pores and whiteheads, but little blackheads. I have occassional pimples.

This toner does everything that it says- cleanses, refreshes. the only bad thing- it doesnt really make my pores smaller, had only a little effect. I bought it coz it's alcohol-free and there was a sale: SGD 16.90 (i think it's about 30% off) which i felt was reasonable.

I feel safe using this toner- no alcohol, no tingling effect, no burns. It's a good toner. If it can reduce pore size better, i'd give it 5 lippies.