The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 6/2/2012 1:42:00 AM

This toner has a real nice light scent to it. Makes skin feel so silky and smooth! I don't see why people are complaining :/

on 5/10/2012 9:58:00 PM

I use this toner when I find my skin is being a little troublesome (approximately 1-2 times a week as part of my morning skin care routine). I have a slightly oily T-zone and think this product is good at combating the excess oil.

It has a pleasant, clean fragrance.

I would absolutely love if TBS toners came with a pump top!

on 3/26/2012 2:19:00 PM

This is an ok toner I think. Nothing special about it. I like the smell, it feels fresh, doesn't minimize pores. I will only buy it when there is a sale

on 2/5/2012 4:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i dont see the hate on this product, its actually a nice product that suits its price

PROS:
1. it smells nice
2. doesnt sting
3. feels tingly when i use it
4. it doesnt dry or grease my face
5. dont need a lot

CONS:
1. have to be careful when pouring it to cotton pads, because it comes out so fast
2. needs a more than 10 seconds to dry or before putting any moisturizer or serum on

UPDATE 22ND FEBRUARY 2012
ok the tingly feeling isnt good, because it sorta irritates after i pop a TINY pimple or irritation, unlike the vit e toner. and yes it does sting a little :( and it makes my face a little drier than usual, which is bad because i have a normal skin :(

on 12/19/2011 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly, I was really disappointed in this. I have combination oily skin and I really wanted a product that will help control my oil so I thought I'd give this a try since it isn't too expensive and I've heard good things about it from other people. But I didn't see any difference with my skin at all when I used this, especially with my production of oil. I also didn't notice any shrinkage of my pores. Then again, I usually don't see any physical differences when it comes to toner ... so it might be just me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm not a big toner fan in general, but I tried this to help minimise pores as it claims. It does remove the last traces of make up. It can sometimes sting, but its bearable and only lasts until its dries completely. It hasn't unclogged pores as much as I was expecting, but pores are slightly reduces and a little bit clearer. It hasn't really help mattify either, but my t-zone is super oily. Not sure if I'd buy this again. Probably not.

on 11/30/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This product works best in the summer, in hot, humid conditions. It cuts through grime, sweat, dirt and oil. I not only use it all over my face, I used it on my neck and on the back of my neck.

It may dry out your skin because of the alcohol though.

on 11/29/2011 8:16:00 AM

This toner proves to me, once again, that finding a personal skincare regime is tricky business when it comes to taking another's word and recommendation for a certain product. I got this after hearing others' recs on how great this was for combo/oily skin. In addition, having "Clarifying" in its name added to the attraction as I hoped this would help in clearing up hormonal acne and preventing any non-hormonal related pimples.

This toner did not improve my skin in 'preparing my pores' for moisturizer nor did the seaweed in it hydrate/condition (as it claims) any more than how my skin normally is. Though, it does do well in removing any oils, grime, make-up etc. from the face. I can see this product working for people who regularly wear a full face of make up and want to ensure that their face is clean after cleansing and before moisturizing. But I find that this just dries my skin out, even though I am combo/oily. It didn't help clear up my skin during any kind of breakout either.

All in all, I could probably end with saying that it is just the product itself that does not work for me but that toners in generally don't do much for me. I've tried two of The Body Shop's toners now (the other being from the tea tree line), and I really find that apart from unnecessarily making sure my face is extra "clean", they do not seem to do anything beneficial for my skin.

on 11/28/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The last comment about parabens concerned me...but I will proceed with how this has worked for me and what I originally wanted to say.

This product helped me so much since I purchased it in the summer. I was (still am somewhat) dealing with cystic acne, and this helped me clear up so much of my pimples and tamed my oily skin. I just had to simplify my routine and use a neutrogena soap bar, this, and a clean moisturizer (olay pink one in jar, dont know the name).

It didn't do much for blackheads, but that's what steaming and Biore strips are for. If all I can get is less oily skin, that is what I'll take. I cannot go without this for one night because I will be attacked by the zits.

on 10/27/2011 3:11:00 AM

I've been using this toner on and off for a couple years now, I first picked it up in the Seaweed starter kit .I have an oily t-zone and it really helped keep the oil at bay. The feeling of it is refreshing and i'm glad it does not contain alcohol, so it doesn't dry out your skin or leave it feeling tight. The only thing that concerns me is the amount of parabens in the toner, since i'm starting to go for more natural choices -I think in the end I won't end up buying this toner again, it's also quite pricey.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products