October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Blending brush - tapered

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I got this for a little over 6 bucks at Target, including tax. Wanted a cheap alternative to my MAC 217/224 for travel, and got this since it has been compared to both. I should mention that in addition to the 217 and 224, I also have the 219, the Sephora crease brush, and the Coastal Scents crease brush. Believe me, they are all entirely different. I'd say that this is not quite a 217, and not at all like the 224. IMHO, this is best for larger washes of color in the crease, when you want a less defined line there. It is stiffer and not as floppy as the 224, and this makes it closer to the 217, but not quite as useful as the 217, since the tip is rounded rather than flattened like the 217. However, overall I'd say this is a worthwhile addition to my brush aresenal, and very good either for blending (when you need something stiffer than a 224) or applying larger, less precise washes of color in the crease. Brush quality itself is pretty outstanding for the price. 5 lippies due to the price/performance of this product.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 8:40:00 AM More reviews by strawberita1

I received this brush in a SK faux snake skin travel kit which was on sale at Target for $15.00. It is the black ergonomic handled brush.
This blending brush has to be one of the best I have ever used and I have tried many different brands in all different shapes and sizes - high end to low end.
What makes this one particularly amazing to me, beside the fact that it blends beautifully, is that the head is very soft, yet it has just enough resistance to it so if you need a bit of precision ie smoking out the outer v, you can get it with no problem.

Anyway great brush....A+ product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am writing this review for the white handled blending brush, which i purchased for $3.99.

Best blending brush EVER. Ok fine, I haven't used one before this but this thing is great. I mean, I couldn't properly apply shadow before I got a blending brush and this one really seems to know how to mesh the colors lightly without taking all the shadow onto it's brush.

It's easy to use, easy to wash and really cheap while still being a known brand. It works equally well in blending my high end and drugtore shadows. Love this thing, would buy again if i ever lost it. or broke it :( (i hope i dont)

so far I havent lost any bristle and have washed it about 3 times. it stays as soft as when i got it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by misscalifornia

I loooove this brush!
I work as a makeup artist at MAC.... our brushes are some of the best but I came upon this blending brush one day and I fell in love. I have since bought an extra 4 of them.... just in case.
They are fluffy enough to blend but still skinny enough to get right in the crease.
This brush is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by xkinkysprinklezx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially I was quite pleased with this brush(the white-handled one). It did a great job of working color into my crease and it was so soft. But just after a few months of use the hairs went loony and it's just not as soft anymore, I clean my brushes pretty well and this brush(and my estranged Benefit Get Bent e/l piece-o-crap) looked horrible. For the price, it's a steal but if you want better quality look into the black-handled ergonomic series. I prefer Sephora's as of now but I think I'm going to replace my white SK blending brush with the one from SK's ergo line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by missjewell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite go to blending brush, I have one of mac's but prefer this one more.
I use it to blend, to put shadow on lightly to the lid. I have had it for over a year and washed it several times and it has never shed or become fragile. I just bought my second to have as a back up.

Go get this brush it is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by tanni

This is one of my most favorite and most used brushes. It is a really great brush for blending, especially in the crease area. It's also great for just applying dark e/s into the crease. (I find that to be the case, anyway). With brands like SK, I really find no reason to purchase high end name brands. (And I do own h/e brushes). I use this brush everyday and wash it with soap and water once a week and spritz with brush cleanser everyday. It's as good as it has ever been, and I've had it for a year and a half.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by TL3031

The price for this brush is a steal. No question there. Although, its so soft and makes blending in the crease a breeze....it sheds alot. But, you can only expect a certain level of greatness from a $10 product ya know?
I've tried other brushes of Sonia and loved them all. This is the only one I'm so-so on. I would buy again because...lets be honest its cheap. But, my other quality brushes that I've purchased I've had for years and don't plan on needing to replace. This one I don't see lasting too long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by rocksee3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to make blending (especially in the crease) easier, and I'm so glad I did. It's very soft and is the perfect shape for using in the crease. I had no idea the reviews for this brush were so good...but I can see why!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LovelyAmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can we say soft?!? I was looking for a nice blending brush to help with, what else, my blending skills. I was going to purchase either MAC 224 or 217 until I read that Sonia Kashuk made a comparable brush. I'm glad I did. It really helps with my dark, matte shadows for an even and buildable application. No more blotchy work for me. This brush is a steal for about $10.