April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by debbiedhebz

I love this product, I've been using this for years, my skin never gets dry when I use this! I always apply this first after shower then i top it off with a fruit scented lotion, or sometimes I just use this on it's own. I will never get tired of using this product, makes my skin soft and dewy all the time!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lilmissprincess

I love love love this product. It works very well in winter. best to apply when your skin is still wet when stepping out from shower. it is easily absorbed , light and leave my skin feeling smooth and moisturized.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by wiseowl

I totally love this product. It's only the fact that I'm broke that keeps me from becoming a crazy lady hoarder type with a stockpile of this stuff. So, why only three lippies? I'll tell what I see are negatives of this product first and then I'll tell why I dig it so much all the same.
First off, ridiculously inconvenient packaging--very easy to waste product or make a mess. Secondly, I've always thought pricing for this product was ridiculous, given what they charge, one would think they could afford to package it in a more sensibly designed bottle. To put it in perspective, Fenjal Creme Bath Oil is unabashedly pricey, but when you try Fenjal, you can understand the pricing: luxurious smell that can take the place of perfume and so moisturizing you can skip lotion afterwards.
Here's the thing, with all these negatives regarding this Body Oil, I still happily use it every night after showering. While I respect lavender baby oil, I prefer this stuff when I can afford it. This has a lighter weight feeling than baby oil and absorbs more quickly. So, a great thing for me in the summer time. In cooler weather, I need to use a bit of lotion afterwards, but I rather like how the body oil makes lotion application very smooth--no drag as I'm rubbing in lotion. As for the fragrance, I really like it on me and so does my husband; it smell nice, but doesn't interfere with my perfume. However, please keep in mind how individual body chemistry affects fragrance with each person. So, if the fragranced version doesn't smell right on you, remember that there's a fragrance free version.
I find this stuff works best if I put it on right after I've dried off, not before, despite what it says on the bottle. It's also works nicely for shaving legs. Unfortunately, I'm in a situation right now where I can only shower, not bathe, but I suspect this would work well as a bath oil.
I think this product well represents the mysteries of taste--it has a fragrance and texture that can inspire loyal devotion despite its price and packaging, but at the same time, a percentage of people will be left puzzled at why others like it so much.
PS: One final thought to add a little more context. Sweet almond oil is far more multi-tasking than Neutrogena Body Oil. So, if you want to play it safe in terms of purchasing a body oil to be used after showering, sweet almond oil is the safer bet because even if the sweet almond oil doesn't work as a body oil, it has so many uses that it won't go wasted. Me being me, I have bottle of the sweet almond oil AND the neutrogena body oil(in theory, being a minimalist sounds great, but it never seems to happen in reality for me).

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by shalinigupta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this oil for my body after I get out of the shower. It soaks in quickly with no greasiness. The fragrance-free version is great since it won't clash with any scent that I might wear but the fragranced version smells really nice too. I only wish it was a bit more natural, the first ingredient on the list is isopropyl myristate but apparently it is key to the sheer feeling of this oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by evange

Despite being oil, this actually made my skin extremely DRY AND ITCHY.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by toomuchfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh. I'm glad some people love this stuff, but I couldn't even finish the bottle. First off, the packaging is beyond annoying - the oil was constantly leaking out of the cap and getting everywhere. That would be annoying enough on it's own, but then: the smell. It's not an awful smell, but it's very synthetic and strong and I couldn't stand it. If you put this stuff all over your body you and everything you come into contact with will smell like synthetic soap/coconut/sesame/something the whole day. The scent was the deal breaker for me, but it also didn't seem to moisturize and it didn't sink into my skin at all. It did leave my skin with a glow, but so will slathering any other oil all over your body. The slimy feeling was intolerable in the Florida heat, and compounded with the smell...will stick with my Sephora dry oil thank you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by mecki

This is a great product. I have scaly legs in the summer when the weather is hot and dry. I hate applying lotion, that feeling of a 'layer' on my skin is disgusting I find. Especially when it's 30 degrees out, the my skin starts to get sticky and slimy with lotion on.

I discovered this bottle of holy grail on day when I was browsing through the drugstore aisles. From the look of the bottle, I had high hopes for this oil. I imagined it would sink into my skin and leave it glowing without the greasiness. Well, I am not disappointed with it.

Neutrogena body oil is a light sesame based oil that deeply moisturizes your skin, leaving it looking and feeling good. For soft skin, I apply it after the shower when my body is still damp. I also apply it dry to my legs before going out for a glowing sheen. Besides being used as a moisturizer, it can be used as a massage or tanning oil.

I love this product, it's about $9 at Shopper's in Canada, and I would definitely recommend it to all the ladies on MUA + everyone else. 5 lippies for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

This is one of those classic products that have been around for decades. The scented version smells lightly of honeysuckle. This is a great body treatment for summer, when a lotion or cream may be too sticky or heavy. sesame oil is very light, and goes "milky" when blended onto wet skin. No greasy residue at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

This oil along with Olay's Moisturizing Bodywash w/ Shea Butter is saving my skin this summer!

My skin is always dry. Period. But in the summer I can't STAND to have lotion on me - it makes me sweat and then my skin is slimey. eiuww....

This summer even my usual summer lotions are annoying me(Aveeno Creamy Oil-slimey, Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula in the tub - greasy). So I've been washing with the Olay which is so moisturizing I *almost* don't need any lotion or anything at all. So this is just enough to keep my skin from drying out by the end of they day(or whenever I take my next shower - sometimes 2-3 times in a day). The scent is light, sweet, and tropical. It adds a nice feminine touch without overpowering any fragrance you may want to wear.

Oh, it also makes my skin sooooooooooooo soft. So. Soft.

Will definitely repurchase. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by JazzleBug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my daily after shower moisturizer since my sister introduced it to me about 15 years ago. The fragrance isn't overpowering and can be worn with just about any perfume fragrance. The softness this oil imparts to skin lingers all day long. It makes a great shaving oil (wet skin first!), a phenomenal massage oil (I don't accidentally pull my husband's hairs!), and I've even used it as a pre-shampoo treatment in a pinch. Oh, and in my tanning days...it kept my skin looking soft and supple and glowing (still looks great!). I adore this oil.