The Body Shop Lip Butter - Mango

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/30/2008 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loooove The Body Shop's Mango scent! It has to be my favorite smell. I've been using this product since I was 17(I'm 25 now) and I still love it today as much as I did when I first discovered it. I recently went to repurchase my beloved Mango Body Butter and decided to try this. It smells SOOO good! I took off a lippie because it doesn't moiturize too well but the scent overpowers anything bad I could say about this!

on 5/15/2008 8:18:00 PM

I hate this lip balm!!!
It smells good, yes! but there's no moisturising feature. I like TBS honey lip balm (the stick one) but the born lippy (or sth like that) and lip butter just don't work at all.

on 4/14/2008 9:25:00 PM

I don't know what is with all the Body SHop lip butters. When you first smell them they smell sooo divine, after 3 times of usage they smell fake and gross. I have the papaya one (don't buy it), the grapefruit one and this one. When I was in store all of them smelt soo good! Now i just don't want to even open them. They are pretty costy for lipbalms, and they don't work. None of them work. They only work if you wear them while you sleep, so no lip smacking, no licking, no talking, no eating. Otherwise turns your lips all cracked and gross. Leave white lines. I am granting 2 lippies, 1 for the cute packaging, 1 because today is sunny.

on 3/3/2008 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Heavenly mango smell! Though other users said that this didn't moisturize very well, I found it to be alright. Or maybe it's jsut because I always lather on my lip products. Either way, the amazing scent makes up for all its faults!

It's a good product overall, but I wouldn't buy this one again; I'd be getting the Passion Fruit!

on 2/11/2008 10:43:00 AM

I thought the smell of this product was divine! it goes on nicely with a bit of shine and, the only down side is that its not very moisturizing....but i would buy it again coz it smells so great.

on 2/10/2008 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this gave me an allergic reaction, dry, cracked, sore lips. scent was very pleasant, but that was the only plus point.

on 12/20/2007 5:25:00 PM

It gives my lips a shine and smells wonderful. However, it lasts at most, 20 minutes! It has absolutely no staying power! This is true of all body shop lip butters, regardless of scent.

on 10/27/2006 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a rather below average/mediocre product. The smell is nice, but it does not moisturize that well and after the product dissapeared from my lips, they would become really chapped, like as if my lips became a bit dependant on the product. Plus, it comes in a little pot you have to dip your finger in to use the gloss, which is a bit unsanitary and inconvienant. You could use a lipbrush for it, but that is way more effort than it should take for a simple lipbalm.
Overall, it is just sad and depressing that a product could fail so much at being a lipbalm.

on 10/24/2006 7:47:00 PM

this product does not really deliver what a lip balm should but it does deliver some smoothness and gives a nice shine. also the mango scent is pleasant.

on 9/13/2006 8:04:00 AM

I also had a bad allergic reaction to this product. I broke out in little sores all over my lips and the lip butter also dried them out. I wrote to the Body Shop and sent the product back to them and they refunded my money but I'm shocked that they produced such an inferior product when their Body Butter is awesome!

I hope that the Body Shop either takes this product off the shelf and re-works it or just removes the lip butter from their line all together. It poorly reflects their company and it's a shame since they are fabulous.

My advice is not to purchase the lip butter but to go for a regular lip balm with shea butter instead.

Popular Lip Treatments