December 17, 2014 | 1604 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter - Mango

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what is with all the Body SHop lip butters. When you first smell them they smell sooo divine, after 3 times of usage they smell fake and gross. I have the papaya one (don't buy it), the grapefruit one and this one. When I was in store all of them smelt soo good! Now i just don't want to even open them. They are pretty costy for lipbalms, and they don't work. None of them work. They only work if you wear them while you sleep, so no lip smacking, no licking, no talking, no eating. Otherwise turns your lips all cracked and gross. Leave white lines. I am granting 2 lippies, 1 for the cute packaging, 1 because today is sunny.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by shaesquared

Heavenly mango smell! Though other users said that this didn't moisturize very well, I found it to be alright. Or maybe it's jsut because I always lather on my lip products. Either way, the amazing scent makes up for all its faults!

It's a good product overall, but I wouldn't buy this one again; I'd be getting the Passion Fruit!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ilec

I thought the smell of this product was divine! it goes on nicely with a bit of shine and, the only down side is that its not very moisturizing....but i would buy it again coz it smells so great.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by angelfish12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this gave me an allergic reaction, dry, cracked, sore lips. scent was very pleasant, but that was the only plus point.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by 123123wow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It gives my lips a shine and smells wonderful. However, it lasts at most, 20 minutes! It has absolutely no staying power! This is true of all body shop lip butters, regardless of scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by stolenlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a rather below average/mediocre product. The smell is nice, but it does not moisturize that well and after the product dissapeared from my lips, they would become really chapped, like as if my lips became a bit dependant on the product. Plus, it comes in a little pot you have to dip your finger in to use the gloss, which is a bit unsanitary and inconvienant. You could use a lipbrush for it, but that is way more effort than it should take for a simple lipbalm.
Overall, it is just sad and depressing that a product could fail so much at being a lipbalm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by aquariusa

this product does not really deliver what a lip balm should but it does deliver some smoothness and gives a nice shine. also the mango scent is pleasant.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2006 8:04:00 AM More reviews by ukleder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also had a bad allergic reaction to this product. I broke out in little sores all over my lips and the lip butter also dried them out. I wrote to the Body Shop and sent the product back to them and they refunded my money but I'm shocked that they produced such an inferior product when their Body Butter is awesome!

I hope that the Body Shop either takes this product off the shelf and re-works it or just removes the lip butter from their line all together. It poorly reflects their company and it's a shame since they are fabulous.

My advice is not to purchase the lip butter but to go for a regular lip balm with shea butter instead.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't bother with this, this product is a below average lip balm IMHO. I'm actually apalled at myself for shelling out ten dollars for it when Aquaphor or even plain old Vaseline work much better to soften and condition dry lips. This 'lip butter' doesn't moisturize well, wears off quickly and had an odd, rancid fruit taste/smell to it. Not impressed at all, would never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lip butter has a wonderful mango scent. That is about the only good thing with this lip product. It does not moisturize well. I don't like the packaging either. It is very unsanitary to have to dip the finger into the pot to use the balm. Plus if you are on the go it's not nice to have balm on the finger tip and have to go search for a restroom to wash your hands. Very unpractical indeed. There are plenty other lip balms that are much better than this one! Nope, I would definitely not repurchase. Purchasing this product was a waste of money!