April 17, 2014 | 1905 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter - Mango

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by angelfish12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this gave me an allergic reaction, dry, cracked, sore lips. scent was very pleasant, but that was the only plus point.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by 123123wow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It gives my lips a shine and smells wonderful. However, it lasts at most, 20 minutes! It has absolutely no staying power! This is true of all body shop lip butters, regardless of scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by stolenlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a rather below average/mediocre product. The smell is nice, but it does not moisturize that well and after the product dissapeared from my lips, they would become really chapped, like as if my lips became a bit dependant on the product. Plus, it comes in a little pot you have to dip your finger in to use the gloss, which is a bit unsanitary and inconvienant. You could use a lipbrush for it, but that is way more effort than it should take for a simple lipbalm.
Overall, it is just sad and depressing that a product could fail so much at being a lipbalm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by aquariusa

this product does not really deliver what a lip balm should but it does deliver some smoothness and gives a nice shine. also the mango scent is pleasant.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2006 8:04:00 AM More reviews by ukleder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also had a bad allergic reaction to this product. I broke out in little sores all over my lips and the lip butter also dried them out. I wrote to the Body Shop and sent the product back to them and they refunded my money but I'm shocked that they produced such an inferior product when their Body Butter is awesome!

I hope that the Body Shop either takes this product off the shelf and re-works it or just removes the lip butter from their line all together. It poorly reflects their company and it's a shame since they are fabulous.

My advice is not to purchase the lip butter but to go for a regular lip balm with shea butter instead.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't bother with this, this product is a below average lip balm IMHO. I'm actually apalled at myself for shelling out ten dollars for it when Aquaphor or even plain old Vaseline work much better to soften and condition dry lips. This 'lip butter' doesn't moisturize well, wears off quickly and had an odd, rancid fruit taste/smell to it. Not impressed at all, would never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lip butter has a wonderful mango scent. That is about the only good thing with this lip product. It does not moisturize well. I don't like the packaging either. It is very unsanitary to have to dip the finger into the pot to use the balm. Plus if you are on the go it's not nice to have balm on the finger tip and have to go search for a restroom to wash your hands. Very unpractical indeed. There are plenty other lip balms that are much better than this one! Nope, I would definitely not repurchase. Purchasing this product was a waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by iriss

I don't like to dip my finger into lip butter, and then apply it to my lips. It is not hygienic and my finger-tip gets creamy which i detest. I'd rather this was in tube, like lip stick. But smell is beautiful that's why i bought it. I don't use it daily, I prefer using my lip stick. I won't repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a little tub of this (mango) few years back, figuring the scent of the the body butter was good so the lip balm was a safe bet. Wrong! Thank heavens I was still in the mall, when I opened the container...it smells just like cat urine. I didnt even have to bring it up to my nose, it was so strong. I immediately took it back thinking I got a bad tub, so I exchanged it for another one, but this time opened it up at the register.-same thing. Then the salesgirl told me, that they have a bad batch, but wasn't sure if theirs in stock was part of the recall. Well, I got my money back, and explained its too bad they didn't have a way of tracking their product, so they can take it off the self appropriately. She was proceding to take all the mango lip butter off the self. Anyway. I haven't been back since, because I feel its just too risky that they have no way of tracking their products for safety.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 6:23:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

The balm is fantastic, I found it to be quite easy to get out of the pot- it melted onto my finger nicely. Oily consistency, but c'mon, it has the word "butter" in the name. And it is incredibly moisturizing- I find it to be quite similar to vaseline in performance but it smells/tastes good and comes in a happy lil mini tub :) It seems really slippy at first, but it also seems to absorb into my skin isntead of just sitting on top. No gritty bits in mine. It can feel slightly lumpy in texture when I first start rubbing it onto my lips, but I think that's because the oils in it melt at slightly different temperatures. Mine also smells fantastic, like mango sorbet. This is my favorite balm right now, knocks too faced bunny balm out of the water. I find that this works brilliantly with drier lipsticks or when I put l/s on sheerly and I need a bit more of something on my lips to keep them moist. A+ for me, although other reviews make me suspect that TBS has some product inconsistency going on.