October 24, 2014 | 902 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2004 3:55:00 AM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just as I was about to shell out twenty-something dollars for a refil of my Clinique Take The Day Off, I decided to try this for a mere fraction of the price, and at the convenience of a drugstore, too!
Lo and behold, it works just as well! :) Takes off *all* my stubborn WP mascara in a few swift swipes! Woo hoo!!! I also like the fact that it's fragrance-free and doesn't sting my eyes.
It is greasy, yes, but I use it *after* I take off my contacts, and *right before* I wash my face, so it works out fine.
The child-proof cap is a bit weird, but I guess it reduces the risk of spillage as you *skake shake shake* it.
All in all, a definite repurchase. So long, Clinique! :) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by duchess624

This is way too oily and greasy. I always make sure I use this first, then wash my face really well for fear of getting breakouts and whiteheads around my eyes. Never going to buy this again. I prefer Clinique and will go back to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2004 6:41:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I bought this eye-makeup remover in place of my all time favourite Lancome Bi-Facil makeup because of economical convenience oh my gosh big mistake! This so called eye-makeup remover dried and irritated my eyes! I wear waterproof/water resistant eye make-up because I have oily eyelids and I wear contacts and my eyes can get really dry and dual phase make-up are the only thing that seems to work. The first 5 uses of this product was ok then after I could tell it was starting to irritate/dry my eyes. I went back to Lancome, it's quite pricey but it's totally worth it! I hate this eye makeup remover!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2004 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ohhhh, my eyes! This stuff BURNS! The skin around my eyes is all irritated and dried out now. And there is still mascara residue. I ran out of my MK remover and picked this up since I though it might be similar. Boy, was I wrong, and now I am paying the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2004 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mochaviolino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not bad, though i have used better. it removes makeup well without much tugging (which is suffering from not using a remover for 3 years) and i like the childproof cap. my youngest sister likes taking my lotions, shampoos, and such, and pouring them in the bathtub to create "art". at least she can't get to this. but my one complaint is it is quite oily. i find that if you use the dry side of a cotton ball to remove any excess, it does help with that though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 9:53:00 AM More reviews by tabithaw

Terrible packaging. What is with the cap? By the time I open the bottle, the oil has resettled to the bottom of the bottle!

To oily for my contact lens. I have to remove them before I use the remover to avoiding clouding and the remover also causes my eyes to sting! Not user friendly for contact lens users! Too oily for my skin as well, I noticed bumps appearing under my eyes! yikes!!

If you can accept the oilness, stinging sensation & dont have oily skin, this does remove waterproof mascara pretty well. I cant, so I wont be repurchasing. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 3:11:00 PM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful,awful,awful. This is the greasiest makeup remover I have ever used. It leaves a layer of oil on your eyelids that must be rinsed off (inconvenient, if, like me, you just want to go to bed). I would only consider using this if you have an EXTREMELY dry eye area. Otherwise, for cheap eye makeup remover, I love L'Oreal Plenitude.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2004 5:18:00 AM More reviews by isabella8

I use this product to remove my foundation before a final wash with a gentle cleanser. It is one of the best face makeup removers I've ever used. It can really get the stubborn foundations off! For me, this isn't greasy on my skin b/c I have somewhat dry-combo skin. The only major drawback is it stings my eyes. The claims on the bottle are not to be completely trusted. I use the non-oily Almay pads to remove eye makeup. But the problem with those pads is that it contains alcohol, which dries up my skin and irritates it! Just can't seem to win.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2004 12:18:00 AM More reviews by AppleDeco

I absolutley hate this product. I gave it a try because it says its suitable for contact wearers, but I don't know what's suitable about it. Everytime I used it I had to remove my contact lenses to wash them out. It also left a greasy mess. I'd rather use astringent to remove my eye makeup than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by queenc78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this; I was hoping for a cheaper version of Clinique's Take The Day Off, but instead all I got was pain and suffering in a bottle! It burned and irritated my sometimes-sensitive skin pretty badly, and it leaves a VERY greasy residue. It's come to my attention that Neutrogena has a dual-phase makeup remover, so I'm going to give that a try, but this one is definitely outta there!