November 27, 2014 | 1363 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bed Head Manipulator

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I managed to buy this at a salon that sells it's products in bulk, on sale for $12 Canadian!!! I wanted to like this product and had high expectations, however, when my fringe was growing out, it didn't control the direction of my fringe. I wanted a section of my fringe to stay to one side, but 'Manipulator' didn't work. Instead the product made my hair stiff and greasy. For controlling a fringe, I would suggest a gel instead. If this stuff works for you, it will last you forever. Also it's pina colada scent smells very yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

loooove this because a) really tames fly-aways. b) creates a great edgy and piecey look. c) makes your hair smell awesome (coconut <333). d) you need a small amount

definitely a HG in my hair product collection

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by laughing

For reference: I have medium/long, fine, naturally straight/very slight wave, normal thickness, layered hair.
I am kind of neutral about this product. After all the rave reviews I've seen, and the fact that everyone seems to have it and love it, I decided to get it. I got it for $17.50, which is expensive for a hair product. But, a little goes a verrry long way with this, so it should last a very long time. The jar is kind of an awkward packaging, its messy when it gets on the lid.
This will make your hair very greasy if you use too much. I only use like 1 - 2 pea sized amounts. It seems like it would work very well on short hair, the hold doesn't really work for longer hair unless hairspray is used with it. First time I used it, I rubbed between my fingers to emulsify it, and distributed it in my damp hair then blew dry. I honestly didnt notice anything different about my hair. When dry, I used a little on the ends of my hair and ends of the layers around my face, and that worked okay to texturize them a little. It works for volume with a little teasing, but needs hairspray to hold it well. Great for taming fly aways. I don't know, maybe it's just my hair (my hair doesn't hold a curl or do anything really..), but this product is nothing special for me.
I gave up on using it on wet hair, so now I just take a pea, rub in my hands, and use that in my dry hair. Gives it a little volume and the messy just got out of bed look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I use this product to rock out my fine layered hair. The trick is to emulsify it thoroughly between your hands using lots of friction. Start with a small amount and add as you go, a little goes a long way.
Manipulator gives me a piece-y, messy look that is controllable and full. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by meghan_van

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought this when I chopped my hair off and had really short layers. It did a really good job of piecing out my hair. I LOVE the smell. It lasts a really long time, so even though its kind of expensive I think its worth it. My hair is longer now, so I don't use it as much anymore, but it works good when I do my hair curly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is ok, I am not sure if I will repurchase again. It seems a little thick for my very fine hair. I like the look that it gives me but it can begin to look a little greasy after a few hours. The smell gets to me as well; I really dislike coconut! I will use it up but I don't know if I will buy it again. I am kinda neutral on this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

because i don;t like the smell i don't use it too ofetn so i think it will last for ages.. i can create so many fantastic styles but the smell is just way too sweet for my tase and i am really keen on the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by brittanyawesome

As a hair stylist, this product is amazing. There is NOTHING that compares! NOTHING! It's great for guys and girls. Brings out the texture in hair, creating a peacie look, but adds a little bit of shine as well. Would not recommend for people with fine, limp hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by steff612

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got my haircut last night and happened to ask the stylist what I could use on my short, very thin, fine hair for that piecy look. I have bought a lot of products and they usually end up making my hair greasy and weighed down. This stuff is amazing! I'm so glad I mentioned to her that I was looking for something. I think it is expensive but after trying it, I could care less about price. Make sure if you buy it that your stylist explains how to use it or you will end up with a gross mess in your hair. Hope you like it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by furchttrommel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this smell!! I bought this for a piecey look for my short/medium length hair and it really does deliver. I also used this in the boy's hair for a more natural/messy look in his hair, it worked very well for that, too! it seems to have pretty decent holding power as long as you aren't sleeping on it or anything and again, the smell is amazing!