September 20, 2014 | 1827 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPDATE:
Well, it wasnt bad and I still use it but it just sits on the skin. Its good for this purpose to protect the skin but its not very hydrating in itself.

OLD:
I have very dry and pigmented outer corners of my eyes, it looks weird and often simply hurts (esp. after makeup removal).
I used some ointments from pharmacy, some creams and serums and then I got a sample of this and omg finally something actually made difference!!

I dont like the smell, shine or consistency but it works and that what matters! I warm it up and then pat it on, I also used it on lips but for lips I prefer homeoplasmine. On cuticles it works great too. Sometimes I will put it instead of any eyeshadow and pair it with strong mouth- great look. I like the tube packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an essential in my beauty cabinet - I love it! The best lip soother ever, lasts so much longer than other comparative products such as Vaseline. Also excellent for chapped or dry skin - just slather on affected areas in the evening and miracles appear to happen overnight! It's a little greasy and doesn't smell great (although I think there's now an unscented version available) but the results are fantastic! I stock up at duty free as find it's much cheaper than buying in the UK. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I could NOT find anything to soothe and smooth my dry, cracked lips and then this heavenly tube came my way....

I cannot praise this stuff enough for changing my lips in a drastic way. Its not meant for lips persay, but try it. It's thick, (I got the fragrance free btw), no smell, and lasts. I apply it quite alot, since I'm a smoker, and it has brought back my pretty pout! I have thrown out all other lip balms (which was a whole drawer, FYI).

If your lips are severly chapped and look like bird feathers instead of smooth, pick this up!

4 lippies because the tube stands about 6 inches high, so it's not throw in your clutch type lip treatment, but I don't care!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by godivas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It feels and smells like industrial grease. Foul scent + too thick consistency to use anywhere other than lips or heels, and I don't feel like I have benefitted from it in any way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Courtneykelly1818

This product is awesome for someone who has dry patches or dry lips ! I mainly just use this cream in the winter . Even though I have combination skin my nose and lips still peel in the winter time . Before I go to bed I put a tiny amount on my nose and lips ( a little goes along way! ) when I wake up my lips are so soft and my nose is instantly smooth. The smell isn't that appealing but they just released a non scented version !! One tube will last you over 24 months, so it's a great value ! A must if your dry !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kk14

I really like this product. I know some people say it is overpriced Vaseline but I think this works much better that than on dry skin. When I use it on cracker skin on my nose sometimes it resolves within a couple of days. I also use it on my lips overnight and they becomes really soft and look nice in the morning my lips are naturally very dry and chapped. It works much better than Vaseline on dry skin and it penetrates further into the skin and resolves the dryness whereas Vaseline doesn't. I also use this cream on my eyelids because they can become quite dry but it also looks nice and shiny in the day time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried a sample of this at the counter on my hands only. I picked it up and almost bought it because it was such a great price! I'm so glad I tried it though.. the smell is horrid. I rubbed it into my hands and told the SA that it smelled expired. She smelled it and said "It's not expired, that's just how it smells." Fragrance free my size 12 ass.
No thank you. I guess they meant no fragrance added. The natural fragrance is musty. I'm kind of weird and I like an expired lipstick smell (yeah, yeah shoot me) but this was just gross.
I rubbed it into my hands anyway, went on with my shopping and really did not find it to be anything special. I like that it's a balm. It reminded me of Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Deep Moisture Fast Absorbing Hand cream. I find theirs to be much more moisturizing.
Anyway, I washed my hands about an hour or so later (plenty of time for it to absorb) and my hands were totally dry again. No improvement... I didn't go back and buy this. I did see that there's an original Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream on one of those discontinued cosmetics websites so maybe the old formula was much better?

If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Rosecoloured

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells so bad!! I can't get over it! It smells like the inside of an old cabinet, like another reviewer said. It's like a mix of something herbal and musty at the same time. I thought that my bottle was old and that's why it smells like that but I guess it was intentional. I use it for my hands and it doesn't work for me. My hands get really dry in the winter months and so I need something that's intensive - that's why I grabbed this. So far, it sucks and I have to reapply every 15 minutes or so. Thankfully I got a small bottle and picked it up from Winners for really cheap. I can't imagine paying full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to buy this because it seemed like a lot for what it is. And while it's not cheap, I do think it's worth it for what I bought it for. It's a very cold, dry winter where I'm at, and my cuticles are constantly splitting and tearing because they're so dry. I've tried all different kinds of lotion, cuticle oil, aquaphor, everything- and still nothing would help. So I finally tried 8 hour cream, and it is the only thing that works. I haven't tried it anywhere else, and the only other place I'd really consider trying it is my lips. However, after I put it on my nails it leaves behind kind of an oily residue, and I just can't imagine that won't clog my pores and lead to blemishes/bumps around my lips. Plus, I use Smith's Rosebud Salve on my lips and love that, so I'm not willing to risk it. So, if you have extremely dry cuticles, this will work miracles, and if that's important to you, than you will probably consider this worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Never would have thought I would have purchased what I told people was "glorified vaseline". Guess what? I WAS WRONG. I snagged a tube of this for only $7 at Marshals. Beats paying full price! The first week I only used it on my lips and cracked cuticles, which were super supple by the end of the week. I was hesitant to try on my face as it seems greasy-- but I did. And I'm glad I did. This stuff can heal my acne like a BOSS. I don't know how, but it does. The consistency looks like vaseline coming out of the tube, but as you rub it together it liquifies into an oil that is easily rubbed into any dry part of the skin.

At first I thought the smell was pretty off putting, but now I have come to enjoy it!! On my 2nd tube now! I'm a total convert!

*EDIT*
I found a substitute for this that I feel is a bit better to wear on my face at night. I now use Mary Kay's extra emollient night cream. It's not as greasy or sticky so I don't feel so weird with it touching my pillow. I still wear the EA8 on my lips and will put it on the occasional breakout to help treat it.