July 31, 2014 | 1455 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Courtneykelly1818

This product is awesome for someone who has dry patches or dry lips ! I mainly just use this cream in the winter . Even though I have combination skin my nose and lips still peel in the winter time . Before I go to bed I put a tiny amount on my nose and lips ( a little goes along way! ) when I wake up my lips are so soft and my nose is instantly smooth. The smell isn't that appealing but they just released a non scented version !! One tube will last you over 24 months, so it's a great value ! A must if your dry !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kk14

I really like this product. I know some people say it is overpriced Vaseline but I think this works much better that than on dry skin. When I use it on cracker skin on my nose sometimes it resolves within a couple of days. I also use it on my lips overnight and they becomes really soft and look nice in the morning my lips are naturally very dry and chapped. It works much better than Vaseline on dry skin and it penetrates further into the skin and resolves the dryness whereas Vaseline doesn't. I also use this cream on my eyelids because they can become quite dry but it also looks nice and shiny in the day time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried a sample of this at the counter on my hands only. I picked it up and almost bought it because it was such a great price! I'm so glad I tried it though.. the smell is horrid. I rubbed it into my hands and told the SA that it smelled expired. She smelled it and said "It's not expired, that's just how it smells." Fragrance free my size 12 ass.
No thank you. I guess they meant no fragrance added. The natural fragrance is musty. I'm kind of weird and I like an expired lipstick smell (yeah, yeah shoot me) but this was just gross.
I rubbed it into my hands anyway, went on with my shopping and really did not find it to be anything special. I like that it's a balm. It reminded me of Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Deep Moisture Fast Absorbing Hand cream. I find theirs to be much more moisturizing.
Anyway, I washed my hands about an hour or so later (plenty of time for it to absorb) and my hands were totally dry again. No improvement... I didn't go back and buy this. I did see that there's an original Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream on one of those discontinued cosmetics websites so maybe the old formula was much better?

If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Rosecoloured

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells so bad!! I can't get over it! It smells like the inside of an old cabinet, like another reviewer said. It's like a mix of something herbal and musty at the same time. I thought that my bottle was old and that's why it smells like that but I guess it was intentional. I use it for my hands and it doesn't work for me. My hands get really dry in the winter months and so I need something that's intensive - that's why I grabbed this. So far, it sucks and I have to reapply every 15 minutes or so. Thankfully I got a small bottle and picked it up from Winners for really cheap. I can't imagine paying full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to buy this because it seemed like a lot for what it is. And while it's not cheap, I do think it's worth it for what I bought it for. It's a very cold, dry winter where I'm at, and my cuticles are constantly splitting and tearing because they're so dry. I've tried all different kinds of lotion, cuticle oil, aquaphor, everything- and still nothing would help. So I finally tried 8 hour cream, and it is the only thing that works. I haven't tried it anywhere else, and the only other place I'd really consider trying it is my lips. However, after I put it on my nails it leaves behind kind of an oily residue, and I just can't imagine that won't clog my pores and lead to blemishes/bumps around my lips. Plus, I use Smith's Rosebud Salve on my lips and love that, so I'm not willing to risk it. So, if you have extremely dry cuticles, this will work miracles, and if that's important to you, than you will probably consider this worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Never would have thought I would have purchased what I told people was "glorified vaseline". Guess what? I WAS WRONG. I snagged a tube of this for only $7 at Marshals. Beats paying full price! The first week I only used it on my lips and cracked cuticles, which were super supple by the end of the week. I was hesitant to try on my face as it seems greasy-- but I did. And I'm glad I did. This stuff can heal my acne like a BOSS. I don't know how, but it does. The consistency looks like vaseline coming out of the tube, but as you rub it together it liquifies into an oil that is easily rubbed into any dry part of the skin.

At first I thought the smell was pretty off putting, but now I have come to enjoy it!! On my 2nd tube now! I'm a total convert!

*EDIT*
I found a substitute for this that I feel is a bit better to wear on my face at night. I now use Mary Kay's extra emollient night cream. It's not as greasy or sticky so I don't feel so weird with it touching my pillow. I still wear the EA8 on my lips and will put it on the occasional breakout to help treat it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to see what the hype was all about with this product & I cant say Im disappointed, but I cant say Im overly enthusiastic either. Yes its a good balm, yes it works well to assist chapped lips, hands, nails etc but I wouldnt say this cream is a wonder or HG. It does smell a little funky which i would describe as part herbal, part petroleum but its not offensive. honestly, i dont really find much difference when comparing good 'ol vaseline and this in terms of the way it works, consistency. colour differs sure but who cares TBH. im hard pressed to say i would purchase this instead of vaseline.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by debdee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product for my lips, it effectively moisturizes without burning or irritating them. I've tried numerous balms but always experience an adverse reaction. This product works well and lasts about two hours before another application is needed. The only reason I gave it a four rating instead of a five it is the smell of the product - it is fragrance free, however it has the slight smell of petroleum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my best little friends. I use it as lip gloss etc., for which it is lovely - HOWEVER! The thing that really puts it over the top for me is the fact that it heals my pimple-scars! If I dab a thin layer of this over the pimple every day once it's popped or starts receding? NO SCAR!!

And to explain, my skin gets scars from Every. Single. Pimple. Always. Dark red spots that do no go away. But with 8 hour? No scar. Could regular petroleum jelly do the same? I don't know, and I'm not ready to take the chance with a trial on my own face, getting more scars if it doesn't work. But I do know that 8 hour has vitamin e and some other stuff in it (too lazy to look it up) that might give it that extra edge.

Either way, I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW! This cream REALLY works everywhere! Amazing! I first heard about this cream when my mother was in an accident and got some really bad wounds in her face. She used eight hour cream for the wounds and within a week the wounds and scars had totally gone away. I was really amazed and went right away to buy this product, since I have a couple of scars and red traces of old pimples. Now Iīve been using this product every night for my problem area: chin and cheeks, which are red, dry and filled with pimples. I also use this for my chapped lips (super!), cuticles and sometimes even on my hair ends and my boyfriend uses this on his hands. My skin has really never been this good, itīs like a miracle. Most of the pimples are gone, and my skin looks soft and good! The redness is still here, but the dryness is gone.

The cream is very, very rich and it doesnīt absorbe very well. I usually use it in the evening, maybe an hour before going to bed, so it has time to absorbe. Usually my face still leaves oily traces on my pillow...
The smell was quite horrible at first, but then I got used to it and now I actually like it.
I bought my tube from the nearest drugstore and it was quite expensive, but I found it online with a more reasonable price, and I will definetly buy this again and again!