July 28, 2014 | 992 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Please note that this review is for the Australian version which appears to have different sunscreen actives and preservatives than the US version. As far as the non active ingredients I don't know if they are different, it's not necessary for a full ingredients list to be included on sunscreens in Australia.

I was hoping this would make a suitable face sunscreen but it's really too greasy, perhaps not as greasy as most other sunscreens but still a very long way from "dry touch" or anything close to a matte finish and that's with me applying only a tiny little bit which means I'm probably not getting anywhere near SPF 30 protection.

Since the face was a no go I tried using it on my arms and legs instead only to find that liberal application resulted in it balling up. After rubbing off all the little white balls I noticed that I had white stains all over the cuffs of my black 3/4 sleeves, which did not come out in the wash. Not happy! Both the shirt and the sunscreen are now in the bin :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Love this sunscreen. I do not use it as a daily sunscreen, for daily use I depend either on Paula's Choice Mattifying 15SPF or my foundations SPF or both. I only use the Neutrogena dry touch in SPF30 and 55 in the summer when I'm out and about in the sun for extended periods of time, which is a lot during the season. In the summer when I go out on the water i wear this under makeup and it works just fine, no balling or sweating or excess greasiness (although I continue to blot and add mineral veil to help with the humidity). I also use this all over my body, it soaks right in and doesn't leave a greasy nasty feel. Even my boyfriend and his kids prefer this brand to others.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by susie4032071

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It has an okay finish. But it feels heavy, and it's not the easiest to blend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love! I have super oily and sensitive skin, so it's near impossible to find a sunblock that I can even consider putting on my face. Usually they're either too greasy or too harsh on my skin, but this is perfect! In the summer I'm good with using just this after I cleanse, but now I'm mixing it with just a dab of my moisturizer and it's still working wonderfully. It definitely holds up to the claim of being dry-touch and weightless on my skin, and the SPF 30 is perfect. The $10 pricetag is a *little* bit high for a DS product, but it's certainly affordable and something I'm willing to pay to protect my skin. This is a fantastic product and I'll definitely continue to use it for as long as I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by yorkieluvr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must say I love this sunblock!! Most I have tried in the past have felt greasy on my skin and didnt feel like they absorbed well. This one however, doesnt feel greasy and absorbs beautifully and leaves a nice finish to my skin. I go straight from this to my foundation if Im wearing any, and it goes on very nicely. This also doesnt make me get oily during the day which I LOVE!! Very pleased with this and will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

after reading all these positive reviews, decided to try it and loved it!!!! absolutely the best sunscreen i've used! dry and soft touch on my skin. love the smell too !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and eys and this sun block does not bother me what so ever. I wear it daily under my foundation (either this or my Elf tinted moisturizer with sun block) and it does not bother my skin, break me out and/or make my eyes tear as other products do. Great product if you are looking to protect yourself from sun damage and want to wear something under your make-up this is very light and feels like you have nothing on once it dries. Not sticky at all. - Update: Neutrogena is not a cruelty free brand so I will not use their products

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG sunscreen product for the face. Dries silky and matte, and actually helps to keep the oilies away. I use it much like a primer as it seems to smooth my skin and absorb oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Ella1919

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen is great for my oily/sensitive/rosacea skin; does not clog pore/make me break out. Con: not recommended when you're going to sweat (gym/play sports), it burns the eyes... all in all it goes on smooth does not leave a greasy feel or appearance. I am happy to finally find a product that works for my sensitive/oily/rosacea skin. It is a great product and will be repurchasing :)
I read some previous reviews and was a little upset to see that some who have commented on the ingredient "Retinyl Palmitate" have NOT done proper research.... I search all my beauty products and ingredients from a particular site/source and have not been let down...
In brief, studies on this ingredient are not 100% conslusive; more research needs to be done!!!
PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK FOR FURTHER INFO. ON -- RETINYL PALMITATE-- http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/1253/retinyl-palmitate.aspx

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Susie1431

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

What I look for in a sunscreen:
Doesn't smell like sunscreen [check]
Feels lightweight on skin [check]

I know those are simple things to look for in a screen but it's surprisingly hard to find a sunscreen that feels more like a lotion and not a sunscreen with enough sun protection. I like blending my sunscreen with whatever lotion I am wearing and this sunscreen works nicely. I used to hate wearing sunscreen because all the other brands I tried, I could always feel the sunscreen sitting on top of my skin. This sunscreen has because my HG sunscreen.