Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

3.8

Water, Silica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Beeswax, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Behenyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Acrylates/C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Chlophenesin, Fragrance, Dethylhexyl 2, 6 Naphthalate, BHT, Trideceth 6, Propylene Glycol 7/10/2013

on 1/5/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Before I used the sunblock sprays, but I prefer this formula now. The dry touch is great; it absorbs into your skin instantly. It doesn't have that gross, sticky sunblock texture that most of the others do. The smell is barely there, just a light clean scent. I use the SPF 30 because I have heard that pretty much any higher number is unnecessary. This has worked well for me - I've never been burned while wearing it! I just wish you got a little more for the price.

Update: I think the formula has been changed because I really don't like this now! It sits on top of skin instead of soaking in, creates a white cast and feels terribly sticky/suffocating on. I'm going to be looking for a new go-to body sunscreen.

on 11/27/2011 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Not quite 'dry touch' for me, but it is pretty sheer for a sunscreen and I normally use it to TRIPLE as a sunscreen/primer/moisturiser (which is great!) and I usually am very weary of sunscreens on my face as I have very oily and break-out prone skin. I have deep tan skin too so I was worried that I might get the 'ghost' effect but it did dry sheer although a bit luminous (not greasy feeling, just luminous). I wear this under a thin layer of foundation or mineral powder, depending on what my day is going to be like, and it doesn't feel heavy despite all these layers. Pretty good SPF rating and so far a good buy, although you might need to spot test for a few days if you have really severe acne or sensitive skin.

on 11/10/2011 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Please note that i am reviewing for the SPF 15 version! (I got it with my Cleo showbag from the Royal Easter show and decided to use it..). First of all, i must say i am quite pleased with this product. It isn't 'dry touch' per se but it certainly isn't greasy either. I've worn this under my foundation for 2-3 days and i haven't had a problem with clogged pores (anymore than usual anyway) or excessive oiliness that would usually result from wearing sunscreen. But in saying that, this is not all all close to being as great as the Shu Uemura mousse which i love to use as a sunscreen (SPF 50) and a primer! This neutrogena one is a good, inexpensive alternative though :)

on 11/10/2011 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Please note that this review is for the Australian version which appears to have different sunscreen actives and preservatives than the US version. As far as the non active ingredients I don't know if they are different, it's not necessary for a full ingredients list to be included on sunscreens in Australia.

I was hoping this would make a suitable face sunscreen but it's really too greasy, perhaps not as greasy as most other sunscreens but still a very long way from "dry touch" or anything close to a matte finish and that's with me applying only a tiny little bit which means I'm probably not getting anywhere near SPF 30 protection.

Since the face was a no go I tried using it on my arms and legs instead only to find that liberal application resulted in it balling up. After rubbing off all the little white balls I noticed that I had white stains all over the cuffs of my black 3/4 sleeves, which did not come out in the wash. Not happy! Both the shirt and the sunscreen are now in the bin :(

on 10/30/2011 5:34:00 PM

Love this sunscreen. I do not use it as a daily sunscreen, for daily use I depend either on Paula's Choice Mattifying 15SPF or my foundations SPF or both. I only use the Neutrogena dry touch in SPF30 and 55 in the summer when I'm out and about in the sun for extended periods of time, which is a lot during the season. In the summer when I go out on the water i wear this under makeup and it works just fine, no balling or sweating or excess greasiness (although I continue to blot and add mineral veil to help with the humidity). I also use this all over my body, it soaks right in and doesn't leave a greasy nasty feel. Even my boyfriend and his kids prefer this brand to others.

on 10/29/2011 3:13:00 AM

It has an okay finish. But it feels heavy, and it's not the easiest to blend.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Love, love, love! I have super oily and sensitive skin, so it's near impossible to find a sunblock that I can even consider putting on my face. Usually they're either too greasy or too harsh on my skin, but this is perfect! In the summer I'm good with using just this after I cleanse, but now I'm mixing it with just a dab of my moisturizer and it's still working wonderfully. It definitely holds up to the claim of being dry-touch and weightless on my skin, and the SPF 30 is perfect. The $10 pricetag is a *little* bit high for a DS product, but it's certainly affordable and something I'm willing to pay to protect my skin. This is a fantastic product and I'll definitely continue to use it for as long as I can.

on 9/30/2011 1:48:00 PM

I must say I love this sunblock!! Most I have tried in the past have felt greasy on my skin and didnt feel like they absorbed well. This one however, doesnt feel greasy and absorbs beautifully and leaves a nice finish to my skin. I go straight from this to my foundation if Im wearing any, and it goes on very nicely. This also doesnt make me get oily during the day which I LOVE!! Very pleased with this and will definitely buy again!

on 9/9/2011 11:14:00 PM

after reading all these positive reviews, decided to try it and loved it!!!! absolutely the best sunscreen i've used! dry and soft touch on my skin. love the smell too !

on 8/28/2011 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

HG sunscreen product for the face. Dries silky and matte, and actually helps to keep the oilies away. I use it much like a primer as it seems to smooth my skin and absorb oil.