April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by ErinShepard

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I inherited this from a friend who was very, very close to becoming physically ill from the smell and taste and I don't blame her - it is foul!

It does make my slightly chapped lips feel better, but has absolutely no color to it and is more purple in the tube than red.

I'll leave it at work for those sore lip days, but that is it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered two tubes of this and when they arrived one was red and one was purple. When I applied it the taste and smell completely grossed me out. I tried to use them again and couldn't get past the horrible taste and smell. It's a good idea to have a tinted balm in a tube, but this stuff is disgusting!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A decent gloss but certainly nothing to write home about. MAC's Lipgelees are much better. As many others have said, this tastes funky and doesn't last long. You'd think it would be a berry color but it's a light to medium sheer red. You need lipliner with this to make it last and create a decent look. Okay to throw in your purse for going to the gym or going to exercise, etc., but definitely does not have the lasting power for every day use. MAC Lipgelees are much more pigmented and taste way better, last a little longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh man, I got suckered into the hype!!! Impulse buy!!! So, I tried this for several days and I don't think this really does anything for my lips. It doesn't stay on well, I was super careful and was able to make is last close to 2 hours. I also don't like the consistency, it feels like it's sliding off my lips. i want to keep wiping around my mouth. I'm a darker complexion woman with pigmented lips so the color didn't even show on me. No fancy scent or flavor...I can actually strongly smell the lanolin in it. The only thing I did like it for was a night lip moisturizer. I've waken up to super soft, plump lips. I'll use it up for night time and move on to something else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by clamster

HATE this stuff hate hate hate it!!! Doesn't do anything and smells bad. and it's hard and uncomfortable on the lips. Terrible product

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2007 1:00:00 AM More reviews by sonya80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a kit w/ purity and hope in a jar.
As soon as I saw this, i thought it was *berry* color, but it says red...
Also it says Very emollient lipbalm, and looked thick in a tube, but it's thin squeezes out easily, so-so emollient, have to reapply every hour or so.
Colored looked dark-wine-berry, but goes on really sheer. I'm not much of a lippie person and didn't surely didn't make me become one. I have this since it came in a kit, but wouldn't have purchased otherwise. Not bad, but i haven't found any reason to like it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by iamtulip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may be one of the worst products I've ever tried. It was hard. That's the best way I can think of to explain it. It was entirely too difficult to get to come out of the tube, and when I did, it was like petroleum jelly but hard. It tasted terrible. Yuck! Now, in defense of philosophy, I really love their lip shines as they are emollient and taste really good, but these kiss me products (both red and pink) are just a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 8:11:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this balm for years and although I have tried others I keep coming back to this one. I love the flush of colour it gives my lips on my no makeup days. My lips are soft, smooth and plump and very kissable!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by piratequeen

These really taste horrible, and they freeze in cold weather(i.e. carrying in purse outdoors). I would not recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by DREAMING8745

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I got a bad one ,because I bought it on ebay but it smelled horrible like plastic .yuck!