L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

2.9

on 2/3/2013 6:32:00 PM

Having (very) dark Asian-brown and thick hair (that is mid-back), I chose a shade that was several numbers above it in an attempt to change my hair colour to a brown. I don't remember the exact shade of brown I wanted, but I do remember going with 100 very light naturally blonde. P.S. I only used one box and I still had enough to do another dying session had it been able to be stored.

The instructions were useful- full of preparation tips, had everything I needed to start the dying process without additional purchases, and even an after-dying care conditioner.

I followed the instructions accordingly. I poured the colouring bottle into the developing bottle, put on the cone-shaped lid and shook what felt like forever to ensure everything was properly mixed. Then I snipped a bit off the top of the cone-lid and got to work. I squeezed it onto my gloved hand, pressed my hands together, and applied it as evenly as I could to my hair- leaving my roots for last as any given section of hair as hair dye tends to be more quickly absorbed at the scalp due to the heat escaping from our heads (and feet, just an FYI). I went an extra mile to ensure the colouring would work to its maximum due to the known-stubborness of Asian hair by putting it into a hair cap and blowing the inside of it with a hairdryer for 5 minutes and then left it on for about 20 minutes. After washing it out, there was a conditioner said to be used once a week (and should last for 4 weeks).

The result was gorgeous and the brown I wanted with a red undertone. The brightness of the colour did tone down a bit to a more wearable and sophisticated colour which is also nice (I didn't mind). It's fun to see my roots grow as I am trying to grow out my hair- so I can say this does not affect MY hair growth (as results and experiences WILL differ from others, these are just my comments and thoughts).

Summary:
-everything needed was included
-doesn't affect hair's condition and functions
-succeeded in colouring the all-known stubborn Asian hair (I have thick
**Colour box used was several shades lighter than the actual colour I wanted
-does not fade (very noticeably anyway)

on 1/31/2013 10:35:00 AM

I have used bronzed brown for 4 years and I love it. At first my hair looks red toned brown but it fades to a nice dark brown. I only use 1 bottle and my hair is to the middle of my back length.

on 1/30/2013 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use the dark burgundy and the ruby colors for years. The color pay off is really nice but the fade away within 3 -4 weeks. Over all nice red shades, but not long lasting

on 1/1/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

When I used to color my hair dark brown shades, this is the brand I would use. Most of the time, the color would be true to what is described on the box. I am not sure if the formula changed or if my hair turned to a less than healthy state at some time, but the colors started going almost black on me. So, I turned to highlights. It is just easier for me to have a salon maintain my hair that way. So, maybe the reason this doesn't work is because I am not a hair color specialist...but I supposed most people that are dying their hair with drug store products aren't professionals. Needless to say...this is the product that turned me to professional colorings.

on 1/1/2013 6:39:00 PM

Went from 44 Crushed Garnet to R37 Blowout Burgundy and I love it!!! I have had no problems using Feria Haircolor.... just enjoy having extra money not spent at the salon!!

on 12/3/2012 6:03:00 AM

I used this in a medium brown shade and the color came out sooooo dark. Which I wouldn't have minded so much if the color didn't look so flat and dull and "wig-like." There doesn't appear to be any dimension to the color. And my hair seems the worse for wear to say the least. For some reason my hair now turns into a tangled bird's nest whenever I wash it. It must take me 15 minutes to gently comb out the tangles from my wet hair after a shower. My hair has never been like this before- it all started a few days after I used this box color. I am VERY dissatified with this brand overall and would not recommend it or repurchase it. Clairol is a much better bets.

on 11/4/2012 9:04:00 PM

Fades fast, and quite pricey for box color.

how ever they have a great rage of colors, if only they were vibrant as advertised and lasted.

on 11/3/2012 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I had used Feria for years, it made my hair shiny, thicker and the color lasted longer than any other brand I ever tried. For an OTC color, in my opinion it beats other brands hands down. but you have to use shampoo AND conditioner for color treated hair, you have to wash at least a day or two before and don't add anything to your hair the day before or of coloring. Also don't shampoo your hair for 48 hours after coloring-you shouldn't even do this with a salon professional coloring either.
What do some of you expect with a 10 dollar hair dye??? Its not a salon coloring job and even salons can't totally change the color of your hair unless they use an additive to the dye.
At this time can't afford the 55 dollars plus tips-so this is my alternative for now and am happy with the results.

on 10/15/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used this recently in the starry night, but I've used tons of other colors. I really like the shades that Feria has but to me out of all the OTC dyes out there Feria fades the fastest. IE I just used Starry Night and it was faded by two weeks and I could see the brown I had before coming out. I'm done with box dyes, especially Feria or any Loreal dyes.

I've been dying my hair since I was 20 - when I moved to England, that was the norm, really. So, I'm a veteran. In my mid 30's I switched to using Feria b/c the colors were really fashion forward for the States. However - I had to stop with the Feria, b/c it was taking the wave out of my natural loose curls. My hairdresser clued me in - he told me that I needed to switch brands & eventually my curl would come back. He was right - and I've avoided all L'Oreal brands since then.

Popular Hair Color Products