MAC Fresh Moroccan Lipstick

4.1

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

(NC43 Studio Fix, CCC here!) Ugh. I'm often in some euphoric trance while at the MAC counter and the visit when I purchased this was no exception. I was "caught up in the moment", the MA gushing about how lovely this new color was and I fell into the hype. Looked fine on my hand (I really have to get out of that habit, it's just that it's a quick method and normally works for me) but once I got it home and wore it for the first time (the next day) I hated it! And maybe it was just the lot that my tube was from, but this was one of the driest lipsticks I'd ever worn (and those sparklies didn't help that fact). I still haven't tried it with a gloss of any type, so maybe I should. Guess I'm still mad about the purchase -- from MONTHS ago.

I adore this l/s. It is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. I wear it when I want a sophisticated, earthy look. It is a brownish red, with a hint of copper, and since it is a frost it has glitter that is unleashed when you add a Lustreglass or Lipglass. Since I am in my use up what I don't want phase, I coat it with a layer of Pink Clash and the combination is simply divine. However, I have also coated it with a sparkly coral l/g (Lancome) and the effect is so lovely. I got it through to B2M, but I would buy again and again (or get it for free through B2M he he).

Very nice deep red. I wear this for special occassions and it stays on pretty well.

this was bought for me by a make up artist friend who said i simply must have it.
and was she ever right. the perfect non-pink red. the name is perfect. when i look at my lips i imagine walls in a moroccan pleasure den.

First of all, let me say that this is a really pretty, and quite wearable shade of red. It's a deep, womanly red, without being over the top like Russian Red. That said, the shimmer is a bit too much for me. I'll keep this, and wear it occasionally, but I think the shimmer is just too much for everyday wear. It's really more like small chunks of glitter. For less of a glam effect, but the same beautiful red, try Nars' Flair. Much more wearable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Fresh Moroccan... It's such a nice product. I love how it looks with Lure-x or Squirt Lipglass over it. It makes a great stain. Wonderful color too, people call it a brown red, but I see strong wine tones as well. Then there's that great bronze shimmer. Too bad I don't wear it. Never have. Don't know why; it's sexy. If you want a really glam, unique red and like Frost lipsticks, this may be the one for you. Oh, one word of caution: it's a pretty deep color, so it might make thin lips look thinner.

Fresh Moroccan is a brick red with bronze shimmer. It is definitely not a bright red, but it is more red on the lips than it appears in the tube (it looks very brown-red to my eye.) It's a nice, universally flattering color, but I prefer MAC Rage to Fresh Moroccan, which is slightly redder. Fresh Moroccan is probably a good choice for those who want to get into reds but shy away from the really bright ones like Ruby Woo or Russian Red.

I can wear this with a lot of things, I don't consider it especially dramatic. I have dark, bright red hair, so this makes me look alive, which is a plus. I like the glittery look, but wish it wasn't quite so gritty. The MUA at MAC helped me pick this out, and it does look fab, just wish it felt better. And when it wears off the center of my lips and I touch up, it gets a funny line between the old and new-lipstick areas.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a bright 1940's red on me. It will be nice for the holidays, but I'm not sure how much I will like it after that. I'm glad that I got it as a Back2Mac, and I'm still kinda on the fence about returning it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shade would be *perfect* for me if it wasn't slightly more orangey bronze on me than wine/red. (I look horrible in coppers/rusts/golds) I have mauvey lips and FFF slightly olive skin so I think it is my coloring. Sigh. This shade is gorgeous if you can pull it off.

Recommended for Medium Skin