April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

This is a staple for me, as I've never tanned very well (always burning) and as an adult I work to protect my skin.

This is completely cost-effective and leaves a lovely golden bronze that doesn't look fake or orange. It does have a lot of glitter in it, but as I use this at night and shower in the morning, it's not big deal to me. I don't notice a lot of transfer with this product, either - though I do let it dry completely before I put on any clothing.

It does have the self-tanner smell, but don't they all?

Exfoliating and moisturizing prior (and letting the moisturizer absorb completely) is extremely important and my tan lasts longer when I do this. I also apply this self-tanner every two consecutive days - and take a day off, then apply for two days. . . you get the picture. It takes me about two weeks to get to a nice tone, and then I apply once or twice a week thereafter.

I often buy 3 or 4 tubes of this at the beginning of summer, which lasts me for several months - for some reason I will run out and then have a hard time finding the same stuff, which is annoying.

Will repurchase. This is better than any of the others, regardless of price, that I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kiimmy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not bad. It may be too orange for some people's preferences though. It streaks if you're not careful when applying it, and it has LOTS of glitter in it. I particularly don't mind the glitter because I love it, however I know some may find this to be a deal breaker.

Scent is alright, lasts quite awhile on the skin, but I just wish it was more olive toned than orange.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

SUPER Cheap EFFEXTIVE bronzer. I can mix it with moisturizer and put it right on my face neck and arms and it comes out beautiful. If you use it full strength, you better have dark skin. It can be a bit red so I mix iin some gold color (face) from JM Illuminator in gold. For the price, it is super cheap BRONZER. For your body, it takes a long long time to use so perhaps for special occasions only, for bathing suit I would mix it with Argan Oil and than apply so it goes on smooth and EZ

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Despite all of the bad reviews on here, this is my favorite self-tanner I have ever tried (and trust me, i've tried tons). To clarify, I use the tinted tanning lotion in medium natural tan. I am really lazy about using self tanners so I don't usually exfoliate before I put it on, but I do put lotion on my dry patches. I have not had any major problems with streaking, although I have had some splotches but that was due to my carelessness. I am on my third bottle of this, and the only reason I take off a lippie is because I HATE the new smell, and they could tone down the glitter a little bit.
I use this about once a week to get a full tan, and then mix a little in with my lotion for upkeep. I have gotten so many compliments about how glowy I look, and all of my friends were shocked when I told them it was fake.
Soo no real complaints from me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by linet182

DISGUSTING! It's very goo-ey, sticky, doesn't go on evenly. It has WAY too much glitter in it, made me look like a disco ball. Barely gave me any color. Absolutely one of the worst products I have ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by barbierose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the color it gave me! VERY bronze !!! but it was very blotchy around my ankles and on my feet and hands. It also took forever too dry & it was very sticky. Also it doesnt last long.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by tastest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Having used self tanners for several years , I would have thought a trusted brand like L'Oreal would have got it together in terms of delivering a quality product at a top price but I was wrong. So disappointed with this streaky product.AVOID.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not new to self-tanners, and I am very good at prepping my skin and applying them. I get a nice, even color when I use self-tanning lotion, and no one ever suspects my tan is fake. All that changed when I tried this. I ended up with my lower legs being two different colors, streaks on my forearms, almost no color on the tops of my hands, and glitter all over. I was embarrassed to go to work today, and my husband telling me I have a sickly yellowish cast to my face did not help. I will never, ever buy this product again, nor do I recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

orange... is all i have to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by azgirl58l

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this tanner with no problems this is my second year of use. I never have streaking or blotches.
My Prep:
I do not exfoliate before use. I do use a different method where I lightly lotion up first paying attention to my hands, ankles, knees, and joints so I don't get extra color in those spots. I rub in regular lotion on my hands so they do not absorb the product and turn color.

Application:
Shake the bottle well. Starting with about a quarter size dollop for each leg, squeeze it out onto your palm and then rub palm side of hands together lightly once, or twice in a circle then start smoothing it on. Hint: I do this so the color in the product is stirred together before going onto my skin. Start on your high thigh rubbing in overlapping circles and work your way down the leg careful not to rub it all in one spot - think this amount is going to cover your whole leg. Lightly smooth and cover the whole leg before you really rub it in. You can always put on another layer. For arms start with a smaller dollop - stay away from your elbows, wrist and finger joints. It is best to scrub your hands in between the arms and the legs application. When I use on my chest I use a very small amount so it looks natural. Recoat with lotion on your hands before moving on to the other body part.

Misc:
I never have turned orange but I do not pile this product on - I am patient and know that if I go slow I will get a great result with a natural looking color. I have used Tan Towel and a few other brands and I did not get as good a result. This product has a smell but not as strong as some others. It does have very light glitter in it, but I kind of like that glistening. It does have bronzer in it so you have some immediate color make sure it is dry before you put your clothes on!