April 16, 2014 | 1938 users online

Loose Powders - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Xenophon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in "Golden Light", and I don't like it. First of all, it's more of a sparkly/shimmery powder than anything else, which makes it unsuitable for day wear. Second, the powder is not very finely ground and so the application is prone to being streaky and uneven (even when using a good powder brush instead of the piece of crap brush that comes with). Lastly, the packaging is just plain retarded. I'm trying to use it up by using it as a body bronzer when going out at night.
    I can't wait to go back to my Nars bronzers after this mistake!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by clover4433

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

What a crappy product. I bought this expensive powder in bare light and was so disappointed. I dusted a light coat over my cheeks and nose after I applied my make-up and looked like I spray painted my face with metallic paint. I then tried it under my make up, which was not much better. The packaging is weird and clunky, and was too big to keep in my make up bag. This didn't give the dewy, glowy look I was going for, so I tried the skinlights lotion...even worse. I will never try anything from this line again. It's too expensive to keep wasting my money on looking like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by yuckyuks

I suppose my morning ritual is very complicated, but I always want to have beautiful skin - or at least look like I do! My base is a mix of 50% sunblock (Anessa SPF50), 20% color (DHC facetint, which is foundation except that it is like emollient water with color), 5% moisturizer (waterbase to keep it light), and 25% Revlon Skinlights in 01 Natural Light. Skinlights makes my skin look luminescent, not oily or anything but like my skin is always invigorated. It casts a small halo of light on my face, and for the areas I want to accentuate more I mix 50% sunblock with 50% of this, because I find that if I don't mix it the sparkles in the product are sometimes conspicuous on my face. I put this on the c area around my eyes, on my brownbone, chin, cheekbones, a little on the nose, and some on the very top of my forehead, and the light just bounces off making me look healthy all through the day. Putting it on the collarbones is beautiful too. In general, this product just makes your bone structure look so delicate and prominent as well as your skin looking healthy. Hard to beat!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by iro_k

I've got the Revlon Skinlights Loose Powder in Natural Light and it gives such a beautiful finish!!! It really makes your skin glow! I use it as a highlighter, an all over face powder, on my body, on my lips (mixed in with gloss) and sprinkled on top of clear nail polish - LOVE IT! For what you pay ($30 AUD) you get SO MUCH PRODUCT that it should last you years - therefore very good value! My only complaint (and the reason I took of one lipstick) is the packaging which can be quite annoying and sometimes powder can spill out but really i have yet to find a loose powder container thats perfect! DEFINITELY WOULD REPURCHASE!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed69

This is a pretty good product. The smell is awful and sharp. The shine only lasts for about and hour and then fades... good for quick uses but not for long last results.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2006 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Aliceloveydear

I wanted a glowy look and was hoping this product would be prefect. Total let down...it was more sparkley. This product would be best for a teenager going to a high school dance-not an adult going to an office party. If you are looking for a more dewy-glowy look go for benefit high beam instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by EricaL214

I was looking for something that would give me a slight glow, a dewy look, a tinted moisterizer if you may. A friend of mine recommend this to me. Her face always seemed really nice, "finished", not over done, not greasy, as if she had nothing on, but yet this slight glow, so I gave it a try. It does give you a slight glow, but its overly oily, for me anyway, especially as the day go by. Im sitting here right now, wanting to scratch my face off, and I can just feel the oil on my face. I like that it gives u that glow, and a slight color, but Im not thrilled about the overly dewy look, and its been making me breakout. It wasnt cheap either. Wouldnt buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2005 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Lillibet

I have this in "Bare Light". It's okay, but I definitely have to limit my use of this powder to the summertime when I have a bit of a tan. The highlighting ingredient is golden, which looks weird on my winter skin. It would be nice if there were a more pearly tint available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first when I looked at this strange pink color (natural light) and I tested it on my neck, it did not match the color of my skin. After reading other great reviews on this highlighter, I decided to mix this (1/2 and 1/2) with my L'Oreal True match foundation (W1 porcelaine). It works perfectly when mixed with a foundation and gives a slightly dewy coverage that looks flawless. I will buy again. I am extreme PPP. My rating of 4 lipsticks is because this highlighter doesn't work on me by itself, and needs to be blended with a foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have this powder in "Bare Light". It is a light peachy-gold color, very sparkly/shimmery on my hand but somehow not disco ball when brushed lightly onto my cheekbones (I just use a normal blush brush) and dabbed onto my browbones. It gives a very dewy look (odd that a powder can do that). I am a lighter MMM with yellow undertones and this color looks quite natural on me. I do try to avoid using this with the Illuminating Lotion (which I also have in "Bare Light"). And I haven't seen myself in natural light whilst wearing this--I'll update if anything goes awry, but overall I'm pleased with the product itself. The packaging is not so great as it is very bulky (a rather roomy separate compartment for the tiny, useless brush) but the amount of product is fair for the price, given how little one needs to use each time. There's a light, fresh scent that's a nice change of pace from the usual powdery/floral fragrances in most cosmetic lines.