April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Rare Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by apsalmist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

The scent seems like it would be a good one if it wasn't so darn overpowering! I can't get past how strong it is. If there was a way to lessen it, I'd maybe like it. As it is, I can only give it one lippie.

Well, I've given this another chance after reading reviews here and on the Avon site. Oh my, I give five lippies for this!

This is my second favorite Avon scent. (My first favorite is Christian Lacroix Absinthe mmmm - that one makes me purr!). Rare Gold is one that I spritz over my shoulder onto my back and behind my knees so that it isn't up near my face when first put on. It lessens after awhile and I get just a faint scent all day long of it. And it makes me feel 'wonderful' and 'sexy'. I love it! The body wash is lathering and scented exactly like the perfume. The lotion is real close, but I have to add it to the Moisture Intensive Care lotion that has no scent so that it won't be so strong. And love the talcum powder scent sprinkled lightly in my delicates drawer. The price is unbeatable, I received all four items for $22.

Will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2007 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Katwoman141

This is my Aunt's signature smell, and I give it a good rating on her, but not on me. I always think of her when I smell it. She wears gold jewlery.It's very classy and makes you think of the high class sofistcated woman.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Melissa1082

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had so many bottles of this stuff. I love it =]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I lost count of how many perfume bottles are hiding in my closet but this is the ONLY one that my significant other says that he like a LOT. I was a little miffed because I have spent ten times the amount I paid for this on other parfums and received no response from my man. Just goes to show you that you don't have to spend a fortune to smell nice. I would say that it is quite similar to Avon's Far Away but not as sweet. Leans more on the fruity side rather than the floral. Long lasting and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful floral, orange blossom and amber scent. It's sweet, and rich. It can be heavy...so I use one spray and it's all I need all day. If you put on too much, it stinks! My DH says this is the best scent I own!!! I bought 2 for around $20...it was buy 1 get 1 free. I would buy again. But with the 2 bottles I have and only using one spray at a time, I don't see that happening anytime soon. The bottle is very pretty too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This wasn't "floriental" on me at all...just floral - very, very floral - and not in the least oriental. So I was disappointed with it. But it does last a reasonably long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this one. It lasts a long time and just smells wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 8:15:00 AM More reviews by maliat5140

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love it..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent is very warm sophisticated scent. It is great for fall. I use it with a light hand because it can be too strong. I will buy this again but in the travel size since it will last a long time. I am going to try the lotion as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

I'm confused about this one (sort of)... About, ohh maybe 10 years ago I wore Rare Gold lotion and wow did I ever receive compliments on my fragrance... I mean it was out of this world... Fastforward about 8 years and my mom gives me Rare Gold edt I believe... well initially I was excited... I remembered how everyone loved the smell of that lotion on me, but the fragrance of the perfume is nowhere near the same... I think it's just too much on my skin, BUT I do love it on freshly aired bedsheets... clean smell mingling with a bit of orange blossom... nice! So for the past 2 years I've been using Rare Gold as a room spray and I do like it... (just never overdo it)