Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

on 2/28/2011 2:46:00 AM

I have just bought my fourth tube of Volum' Express in 201 Very Black.
My newly "Latissed" lashes look good, thick and long. Removes well with Maybelline Expert Eyes washable. Very reasonably priced.

on 2/27/2011 10:07:00 AM

Bought this on a whim for volumizing mascaras and had semi-high hopes for it. But, it was clumpy and flaky even after one coat for me, which was a dislike =[..I've been on a long search for good mascaras that work for me, and I've figured that for my thin asian lashes, I hate the spider-leg look, which a lot of volumizing mascaras do! The brush and texture was both thick, which I guess in my case, made me hate it even more. I like the thin,spiral-like brushes that makes it easier to apply. This product was not for me, but for others who have thicker and plumper lashes, maybe this volumizes and works better for them!

on 2/24/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara!!!!! I actually think its giving covergirls lash blast strong competition.... Great product, and I will most definitely repurchase.

I really love this mascara. I always buy the one with the curved brush. I like curved brushes. Personally, I find them easier to work with. This mascara makes my lashes look really long for some reason, which isn't what's promised, but nice. It separates them nicely, doesn't clump at all, and doesn't flake. It is harder to get off, but it's worth it, I guess, if it stays all day.

on 2/12/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This product did what it said -Volumize. This mascera made my eyelashes longer and fuller. My only complaint was it is really hard to get off. But that's about it, I'd buy it again

on 2/11/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I, personally, really like this mascara. It applies very smoothly without any clumping, and it does volumize my lashes. I have also noticed that my lashes look soft, not hard and brittle like other mascaras tend to do. The price point is cheap enough that I suggest at least trying it once.

on 2/11/2011 9:24:00 AM

I found this mascara difficult to use for some reason. Afraid that I don't have anything else to say about it.

on 1/24/2011 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I prefer Full n Soft over this. It flaked like crazy on me and I always get raccoon eyes at the end of the day. It does what says, volumize my lashes, but I can't understand why it won't stay put on my lashes. So sad cause I had such high hopes for this one.

on 1/13/2011 1:50:00 PM

This mascara does do much. It's not the worse I bought, but it's not good...It's very runny at first, and you there is a very fine line between not working your lashes enough and getting them totally clumped together. yet after 15 years applying mascara, can't seem to get the twist with Volum Express. There are many other cheap solutions with better solutions, like full n soft or Lash blast. Won't purchase again...

on 12/20/2010 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara wasn't for me. It has a nice, traditional brush and it makes my lashes look volumonous and natural looking. I'm super confused about this product though. I purchased the dark blue one that says it's waterproof, but when I looked here and on the website it says the dark blue is the regular version. I'm not sure, but it sure did act like a waterproof mascara. It was a bit difficult to take off. I had to use a ton of eye makeup solution. Also, this stuff clumps really easily. I basically hate most waterproof mascaras so that's a big reason I didn't like this. The other reason was because it was a bit dry and it clumps really easily. I had to stop using. I really hate when my mascara is fussy and difficult to work with. I think it lived up to the claims on the package but because I had a hard time taking off I won't ever buy again. I had to trash this. NEXT...

Popular Mascaras