Max Factor FaceFinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1

3.4

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Hexyl laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Ethylene brassylate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides

on 9/13/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't wear makeup very often, but with 3 wedding to attend one month I needed to buy a liquid foundation.
I was attracted to this product as I didn't want to have to buy a concealer and primer, and I am usually short on time when I'm getting ready.
All in all I was very happy with the flawless finish and longevity of this foundation. I wore all through a warm summer day, and only needed to blot once.
Unfortunately the darkest shade I could get hold (bronze 80) of wasn't quite right for my skin tone. Previously I've been matched as around a MAC NW40-NW45, depending on how much sun I've seen. I would buy this product again (and add another lippie to my review) if I could get a good match.
A few people have mentioned that this product is difficult to apply. i found it did tend to dry quickly, so I applied small amount with a foundation brush and built up the coverage slowly. It at first looked quite white, but soon oxidised to a more natural tone.
Pros:-
- pump top (clean and easy to dispense
- medium, buildable cover
- flawless, lasting finish
Cons:-
- Expensive when not on sale
- Colour tones available in NZ (not dark enough)
- Need to apply gradually or carefully to avoid over-applying

on 9/8/2013 12:00:00 PM

Maxfactor, I'm not feeling it, sorry.
The pigmentation of this product is very strong, so coverage is good and it does last.
BUT it's very hard to apply the right amount, it's very easily overapplied and looks cake, settles in to fine lines and it's hard to work into dry skin.
I'm going to give this a few more tries with different brushes and update later, but so far it looks bad.

I purchased the Natural 50 shade of this foundation, it looks very good on my skin tone which is fair (to medium in summer) with freckles. I have oily/combination skin and this is a great foundation for my skin type, it's very matte, I wouldn't recommend it if you have dry skin and I would recommend moisturising before using it if you have some dry patches as it can appear flaky after a couple of hours. It dries very very quickly once on the skin so this may something to think about when applying. Once applied it feels really silky and lovely and has a very fine finish.

I've given this 5 lipsticks because I love the finish, it's matte which is good for me because I have open pores, it's good for daytime with about 1 pump's worth and gives a nice amount of coverage with about being too heavy. You can also build it up with another pump if needed or if wearing for the evening. I think it's a little pricey for the amount so personally I wait for 3 for 2 offers in my local Boots (UK) etc but I think I would re-buy it anyway if I run out.

Update: Won't be repurchasing this, even on my oily skin it shows up on every pore and crease and looks like I have really patchy dry skin when I don't, finding it hard to blend and not get this problem as it dries really really quickly.

on 9/3/2013 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow i love this! Stays on all day, great coverage and blends in! Definitely will repurchase!

on 8/19/2013 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Don't really like this foundation. The colours aren't great, it flakes during the day and causes you to have an orange line around your face. I used it once and binned it

on 8/16/2013 6:20:00 AM

I do like this stuff! It covers most of my face nicely, though I would say that I personally do need a concealer on my pink cheeks. Also under my eyes as I didn't like the texture of this under there. Stays on for ages! I accidentally slept in it and I could have gone out again wearing it just as it was. Pretty sure I would buy it again, though I'm not sure I'm 100% with the colour(Light ivory) I got.

on 8/5/2013 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This has got to be the worst foundation I have ever used.

I have a very oily skin and therefore do not like to put too much stuff on it, therefore I thought this 3in1 foundation would be perfect. Well, it wasn't. I used it twice, tried two different techniques of applying and it looked the same. It made my face look really cakey and powdery, didn't blend it well... The coverage wasn't too good (though workable I suppose). I looked ashy, powdery and cakey. It's a no for me.

Regret buying it. Do not recommend.

on 7/31/2013 6:41:00 AM

I bought this foundation as my trusty Maybelline 24H was running out and I thought I ought to experiment a little more. It was on special offer at £8.99 as opposed to its usual £11.99 and as opposed to my usual Maybelline £7.99, so I assumed I'd be buying a superior foundation.

While it goes on very well - it has a liquid texture which blends easily and doesn't streak - the way it dries adds a powdered finish. Usually I would love this, my skin can get very oily, however after a good bit of sunburn and a festival weekend it's very dry and this foundation really seeps into the dry skin and makes it very obvious. Another reason why I went for such a full coverage foundation was to hide my obvious red sunburn nose, a job it does moderately well, but I would say that this coverage is more light/medium than a full coverage.

Aside from that, it does create a really nice uniform coverage without looking false. If I was having a day where my skin was quite oily I think this could be perfect, but on my summer dry skin it seems to be doing a very average job.

PROS:
+ Uniform colour coverage
+ Doesn't look cakey
+ Brightening
+ Disguises pores

CONS:
- Could be a little thicker
- Matte finish unflattering on dry skin
- Seeps into fine lines a little

on 7/29/2013 6:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

What attracted me to the product was the fact that it had a primer in it already, and because I've had good experiences with MaxFactor foundations before. This one is light and leaves skin feeling so soft, and when I get home from work or university my skin still looks flawless! Sometimes when I first put it on it can look a bit dry and flaky but once I get out and about it blends with my skin and looks amazing all day. I have pale combination skin which gets the occasional break out and this product is great.

on 7/16/2013 3:59:00 PM

The packaging of this product is lovely, it makes it look so expensive and the pump is very handy. I bought this product a few weeks ago in the shade natural 50 and a lady in Boots helped me to colour match it, however it does have a pinky colour to it that doesn't fit that well with my skin but it was reasonably priced so I bought it anyway. It claims to be a primer, foundation and concealer in one. However, having oily skin I tend to use a separate primer with it also as I like to have a smooth clear base to work on and I don't think it necessarily acts as a primer alone. I love the coverage though and I don't need to use a concealer as I can build up the foundation on my blemishes and it works just as well. I would compare the coverage and stay to mac studio fix fluid as it stays for long and is a medium-full coverage. However unlike all my foundations they do look very oily and greasy by the end of the day and I can't wait to take them off (but that is just my skin type). All in all a very good product but I think it is not suitable to wear everyday as it is thick and makes my acne-prone skin break out even more! The only reason I would not purchase it again is that there are so many more products out there but I do not regret buying it.