September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Body Glow

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by becky5300

I can't believe how expensive this product is! it's nice enough, it does make your skin a little more bronzed, but it rubs off so easily on clothes and it's scent is so strong that it competes with my perfume and sometimes smells too much like soap. the bottle is pretty but it's so hard to not pour too much product out at once. i won't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2005 3:12:00 PM More reviews by LAborn

I like the smell of this product (like tropicana coconut-scented suntan lotion). However this stuff stains like crazy if you're not careful (avoid using it with light colored clothes). I don't like messy products so will definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by JoyBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

NO NO NO!!! I heard good news about Body Glow so I didn't mind shelling out the $55 it costs but I was sorely disappointed. I'm a DDD so this oil pretty much doesn't show up except for slight shine that disappears after about 20 minutes. I love the scent and the way it makes my skin feel but I had to add MAC powder bronzer just to get the shimmery effect I expected.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not for me, I'm afraid, because it is a look-at-me-but-don't- touch-me kind of product. Like for a photo shoot or something. This only is realistic if you are going to the beach, already have a tan and are not going to sit in the sand. Also has a too strong for indoors tuberosy scent- ugh! The bottle is glass and spillable with a small spout.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2004 10:13:00 PM More reviews by ktfal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is so expensive! It actually costs $180 in Australia! Converted to US dollars, that is $136. I certainly don't feel it is worth that kind of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2004 12:32:00 AM More reviews by pinkice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This gives me great lasting color that smells heavenly. I feel sexy and exotic when using this and you can put it in your bath water too...100% coconut oil. Yummy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2004 11:57:00 AM More reviews by becker811

This is a very nice tan "enhancer". It leaved a silky glistening bronze on the skin and leaves a pleastantly exotic sent.

However the amount in the bottle for the price is quite high, if you can afford it - I think you will like this nice product.

Again, for those of you looking for a lotion or oil that gives you a tan look - this isnt it. It is very sheer and only enhances a pre-existing tan.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2004 9:45:00 AM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good points:
- smells good
- gives a slight sheen

Bad Points:
- bottle is irritating to use
- smell doesn't last
- the aforementioned sheen isn't very noticeable
- looks weird in bottle (separates easily)
- the PRICE

When I applied it, i was careful after reading reviews here that it would stain clothes.

The PRICe ($55usd for a 4oz bottle) is unforgiveable. I got a 1oz bottle from Ebay for cheap, to try it...but I'd NEVER pay the $55usd for a full sizer.

It does have a nice tropical smell, but sadly, it doesn't last.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2004 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read many reviews of this product and got such a variation in responses. Sephora gave me a sample to take home and I thought I liked it so I ordered it. The fluid in the bottle is absolutely beautiful; however, they should never have put an oily lotion into a glass container (I've come close to dropping it many times). But, as others mentioned, the smell is overpowering, now that I've applied the lotion in great amount; I wouldn't mind this at the beach or a casual party where you wanted that feeling of being at (or just from) the beach. But if you wanted to wear some other fragrance, this scent would probably conflict with your perfume. I was also disappointed with the lack of shimmer effect; it does do a very nice job of moisturizing your tan (I self tan). I'm even thinking of letting the bottle set a while and then siphoning off as much of the oil that I can from top ... then putting the shimmer portion that's left into some other body lotion to see what that will do; the stuff does separate if you let it sit. I will try to figure out some way to use this up ... but I wouldn't buy this again. The search for a shimmer (not glitter) lotion with as least scent as possible continues .....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2004 11:04:00 PM More reviews by clara22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this for my beach wedding in Negril. Bad idea. It got all over my strappy white dress and on my husband's white shirt. Perhaps it was not dry enough when I put my dress on, but I am not sure what happened to my husband's shirt. The dry cleaner could not get it out, and the only "bronze" that show up in the pics is on our clothes. After it is on for an hour or so, it smells rancid.