Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

on 6/18/2013 5:49:00 PM

Nothing fancy, but I like it. I use it to lightly cleanse my face before putting on makeup, but I use a different toner after my shower at night. It doesn't have natural ingredients in it, so I don't use it regularly. I can tell that it cleans my face and tightens my pores a bit. I think the smell is very pleasant and you don't smell it after applying. I absolutely love that there's no alcohol in it, no stinging or obnoxious smell. And the bottle is large, making the price for what you get an absolute steal!

on 5/26/2013 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Going to beauty school and learning more about skin care I decided to start using toners but!! I stopped using toners years ago because I felt like a lot of toners were very drying and although I do have a very oily t-zone, I still didn't like the dry, tight feeling they left me with. I have super sensitive skin and I know within minutes of applying a new product to my face whether or not my skin will react well or not. I tend to have hormonal breakouts and with stress they started to get worse along with my very oily skin. I saw this alcohol free toner and thought I would give it a try and I'm VERY happy with it. It doesn't have a strong fragrance, it doesn't sting at all and even after washing my face, it picks up whatever dirt and makeup my cleanser left behind. I use it once a day because I don't want to over do it by trying to completely dry out my skin from my natural oils cause all it does is cause your oil glands to work overtime, producing even more unwanted oils. I use it right after washing my face before going to bed so I go bed with a very clean face. I have been using this for about a month and I think it's going to become a permanent part of my skin care routine :D

on 5/21/2013 11:07:00 PM

This stuff is awesome! I have been using it for about 2 weeks and have noticed a huge difference in my skin. It really cleans out your pores and brightens your face a lot! I have oily acbe prone skin and it hasn't irritated it at all. I would definatly recommend this!

on 3/21/2013 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this toner for about $6 at Target. It lasted me quite some time, and my mom and I both used it twice a day at one point. It's alcohol free, so doesn't dry out my normal/dry skin, smells nice, and works fine. It's nothing special, but I do particularly like how it's alcohol free. I will be repurchasing when I run out.

on 2/21/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am a big fan of Neutrogena's skin care products and use this along with the Fresh Foaming Cleanser and Oil-Free Moisture products. When I use this consistently, my skin is clear and looks healthy, and I have never noticed it leaving my skin shiny or sticky like some of the other reviewers have mentioned. My skin does feel a little tight after I use this toner, but I always follow it with a moisturizer and have no problems. A great gentle, clean-smelling toner.

on 2/20/2013 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

very helpful when suffering from dry skin. it helps to moisturize and restore dry skin and tighten pores.
it does not dry out the skin. no side effects. will continue to buy this product.

on 1/22/2013 8:12:00 PM

love this toner, i got it because i have uneven skin tone mostly from post acne marks. i saw this in the store while picking up my face wash and thought i would give it a try since my acne had reduced to the point where i was comfortable trying new products. i have been using it for almost 2 weeks and i am already seeing so much improvement. the over all tone of my skin has gotten much more even, and the darker marks on my skin have gotten noticeably lighter .
Importantly, it hasnt broken me out at all, which was my greatest concern. it also has quite a nice smell to it :)
also, doesnt dry my skin out, which is great
i am thoroughly pleased with this product, works well, doesnt cause other problems, and very affordable, especially for a high school student like me.
would recommend highly

on 12/25/2012 4:52:00 PM

i have repurchased this product. its really neutral nothing extraordinary. it is good for your face because it does not have any alcohol, basically does the trick. i don't feel the sensation of my pores opening up like i do with other toners though :(

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've only used a handful of toners and this is the best one I've used. I have oily, highly sensitive skin. Because of this I avoid harsh, stripping chemicals like alcohol in my skincare products. I started using this as part of my skin care regimen in high school and I had a gorgeous complexion, usually without any pimples. I switched to toners like Seabreeze because they were the cheapest ($3 versus $8), then Olay and Clinique because they were what my mother had lying around the house. I started getting a problem with strange little bumps along my hairline, itchy and sometimes irritated skin accompanied with pimples. I just started using this again and my complexion is pretty again! I wash my face, apply this with a cottonball, then put on eye cream and moisturizer. The leftover dirt and makeup shows up on the cottonball. I don't notice a sticky residue. My skin is soft and tends to "glow" with *usually* no pimples, whiteheads, or blackheads. I'm not sure if I'm ready to call this my "HG" toner but it is the cheapest alcohol-free toner I've been able to find and works great. I hope it never, ever gets discontinued.

on 11/24/2012 12:48:00 PM

This product is pretty much average. I purchased it because it was alcohol free as i did not want anything that would irritate my skin. I have acne prone skin and this product did not break me out however it did not really make a major difference either. It smelt kinda like rose water, and it did clean my skin, it was not sticky and easy to dispense. However my face did not have that "super clean" feeling afterwards and neither did it do much for breakouts. All in all i find this product to be quite average.