December 20, 2014 | 1460 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Masque

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I have to admit that I was skeptical about this product and was wishing I had purchased something else instead (it's been sitting on my shelf for about a year!) But with that said.. after using it twice, I am a true believer. It leaves my dry, damaged hair silky and shiny and manageable. I love the smell! I leave it on for up to an hour after shampooing, conditioning and towel drying. Love the results!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Olgtat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Probably the best mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awsome hair mask. im lucky to have a sauna in my house so once a week i treat my hair by applying this masque, going into the sauna to 'warm it up'.. I then wrap it plastic and go on to do the housework for about 2 hours! after that.. back into the shower and rinse it out. After styling my hair is super shiney, and helathy looking like its been done at a salon. I give it 4 lippies because my ends are still a bit brittle and there are some other brands that work equally as well. Overall its a good mask and I think when all my bad ends are gone I would use it as my regular.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by adventurous

Despite the price, this is an amazing product. I am currently using the whole system including the shampoo and exilir. It has truly changed my life. My hair strands are thin but I have sooo much of it and a lot of volume. My hair is also frizzy and pouffy. When I blow dry it and/or iron it, my hair becomes very straw-like and crunchy. After using oleo relax, my hair is shiny, soft and bouncy. Pretty much it is all I ever wanted my hair to be. I still do need to style it because the frizz at the top of my hair is not completely gone, but it is more manageable and I can blow dry and straight my few inches past shoulder elnth hair in as little at 30 mins. No longer are the days that I take an hour to style my hair and yet I'm still not pleased with how it turned out. Kerastase is worth the price; it means I no longer have to feel self conscious about my hair and it takes half the time to style it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by emmasmomma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! I just tried the Oleo Relax system (shampoo, masque, and serum) for the first time and I'm so thrilled with the results I'm posting this review immediately. I may have the world's worst hair--thick, dry, coarse, wiry, naturally wavy, but too frizzy and out of control to wear curly. I've had it chemically straightened and use a flat iron on it, but now I have fried, broken off hair that's very, very damaged. I've been using the purple Pureology line and Redken AllSoft, but the Oleo Relax blows them both out of the water. I was very hesitant about the high price, so I ordered the Oleo Relax system in sample sizes from Ebay and received it yesterday.

The Oleo Relax shampoo had a light floral (rose?) smell, that I really like, and left my hair feeling rough, and a little dry. I worried that my hair wasn't really getting clean, but I followed the directions and towel dried my hair and left the masque on for 15 minutes. When I blow-dried my hair it felt softer, but was sort of fluffy and not really smooth. The miracle didn't happen until I applied the serum to my dry hair and flat ironed. It straightened must faster and easier than usual, and it's so soft and smooth, it feels like it couldn't possibly be MY hair!

My hair is smooth, straight, shiny, and sooo soft. Plus it's feels light and swingy, not stiff at all. This is the first time I've ever achieved "salon-blowout" results at home, I may have to get a second job to afford the Kerastase line, but I'm literally blown away by the results!!

*** Update *** This masque works best as a SYSTEM with the Oleo Relax shampoo. I tried it with my regular Pureology shampoo (thinking maybe I could save some $$) and the results were not nearly as good. I've always valued conditioners more that shampoos for my hair, but this masque really does work MUCH better with its matching shampoo.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by wishinstonez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't decide about this. I have 2 hair types (weird right?) where the top layers are thick, coarse and wiry while the bottom layers are softer and straighter.

This masque made my bottom layers even softer and nicer to touch.

It did nothing for my coarser hair though. In fact it feels drier and more straw-like, no conditioning at all. Did nothing for the frizz or uncontrollable nature.

I won't buy it again, but it does smell nice :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whilst the shampoo from this range is too heavy for my hair, the mask is excellent!! It leaves my hair silky and shiny.
A little goes a long way and even if it is expensive it lasts a long time as a tiny amount of product is required (even on my long hair). My hair is thin and chemically treated. When I apply this product ... it goes back to life: shiny, bouncy, healthy! This is HG material.

** EDIT: I tried some other HE products (Bumble & Bumble, Frederick F) and nothing can beat this mask. BY FAR the best in the market. My hair looks healthy, revitalised and shiny. I can use it as a conditioner (apply just for a few minutes) or as an intensive treatment (20/30 minutes - hair wrapped in cling film). AMAZING! Get it on the internet for a cheaper price. In the UK you can get it through a Channel Islands based company and it is VAT free (original products and great service).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by thompso1ca

I am reviewing the Oleo Relax shampoo, Conditioner/Masque and anti-frizz serum as a system. I have long, dry, wavy hair that tends to get frizzy. I don't like to blow dry or work too hard with my hair. I prefer to let it air dry...but my hair never looks the way I envision it should. I tried this system for the first time and noticed immediate results. I shampood, left the masque in for about an hour and then put two pumps of the serum in and let dry. My hair feels softer and appears smoother. Sometimes right after I wash my hair gets very curly and frizzy. With this system, my hair relaxed into soft waves. LOVE IT!!! Since I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week, I will deal with the expensive price tag. I bought it on ebay for a very good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Try as I may, I have yet to find Kerastase to be the end-all-be-all of haircare products. I purchased the Masque Oleo-Relax, in part, due to the great MUA reviews. Unfortunately, this conditioner did nothing for my wavy thick hair. It still seemed frizzy and the Oleo-Relax actually seemed to make it limp as well. I do love the scent but for $58.00, I expected much much more from this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, if you judge this without looking at the price tag...this stuff is AMAZING. Now, if you try this and know that it's insanely expensive, it may interfere with the enjoyment of the fact that...it smells heavenly. I normally hate hate hate floral scents. This smells kind of like roses, it's fresh and not fakey or perfumey smelling to me. My hair is soooo soft and incredibly shiny. Now let me say I usually use higher end products on my hair: Aveda, Oscar Blandi, Matrix, Redken, Pureology Nanoworks, etc.. This is by far the best hair mask out there. I have medium-thick, naturally curly/wavy/frizzy hair. I color-treat my hair. It is easily a very tangly mess normally. However, this stuff is great. Try it. You may flinch at the cost, but if you really have unruly hair and need a good treatment, it's worth it. You don't even need very much product! I love it! Oh, and it didn't weigh my hair down, either!