April 20, 2014 | 1582 users online

Treatments - Kerastase - Masque Oleo-Relax

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by wishinstonez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't decide about this. I have 2 hair types (weird right?) where the top layers are thick, coarse and wiry while the bottom layers are softer and straighter.

This masque made my bottom layers even softer and nicer to touch.

It did nothing for my coarser hair though. In fact it feels drier and more straw-like, no conditioning at all. Did nothing for the frizz or uncontrollable nature.

I won't buy it again, but it does smell nice :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whilst the shampoo from this range is too heavy for my hair, the mask is excellent!! It leaves my hair silky and shiny.
A little goes a long way and even if it is expensive it lasts a long time as a tiny amount of product is required (even on my long hair). My hair is thin and chemically treated. When I apply this product ... it goes back to life: shiny, bouncy, healthy! This is HG material.

** EDIT: I tried some other HE products (Bumble & Bumble, Frederick F) and nothing can beat this mask. BY FAR the best in the market. My hair looks healthy, revitalised and shiny. I can use it as a conditioner (apply just for a few minutes) or as an intensive treatment (20/30 minutes - hair wrapped in cling film). AMAZING! Get it on the internet for a cheaper price. In the UK you can get it through a Channel Islands based company and it is VAT free (original products and great service).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by thompso1ca

I am reviewing the Oleo Relax shampoo, Conditioner/Masque and anti-frizz serum as a system. I have long, dry, wavy hair that tends to get frizzy. I don't like to blow dry or work too hard with my hair. I prefer to let it air dry...but my hair never looks the way I envision it should. I tried this system for the first time and noticed immediate results. I shampood, left the masque in for about an hour and then put two pumps of the serum in and let dry. My hair feels softer and appears smoother. Sometimes right after I wash my hair gets very curly and frizzy. With this system, my hair relaxed into soft waves. LOVE IT!!! Since I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week, I will deal with the expensive price tag. I bought it on ebay for a very good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Try as I may, I have yet to find Kerastase to be the end-all-be-all of haircare products. I purchased the Masque Oleo-Relax, in part, due to the great MUA reviews. Unfortunately, this conditioner did nothing for my wavy thick hair. It still seemed frizzy and the Oleo-Relax actually seemed to make it limp as well. I do love the scent but for $58.00, I expected much much more from this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, if you judge this without looking at the price tag...this stuff is AMAZING. Now, if you try this and know that it's insanely expensive, it may interfere with the enjoyment of the fact that...it smells heavenly. I normally hate hate hate floral scents. This smells kind of like roses, it's fresh and not fakey or perfumey smelling to me. My hair is soooo soft and incredibly shiny. Now let me say I usually use higher end products on my hair: Aveda, Oscar Blandi, Matrix, Redken, Pureology Nanoworks, etc.. This is by far the best hair mask out there. I have medium-thick, naturally curly/wavy/frizzy hair. I color-treat my hair. It is easily a very tangly mess normally. However, this stuff is great. Try it. You may flinch at the cost, but if you really have unruly hair and need a good treatment, it's worth it. You don't even need very much product! I love it! Oh, and it didn't weigh my hair down, either!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by beautyambition

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think i may CRY!!!
Firstly, I have fine way hair (just past my shoulders).
This line of hair care has worked like MAGIC!
I have been on the hunt for a de-frizzing shampoo-conditioner for a while now but I had always ruled out Kerastase because of the price. After losing hope I finally purshased the shampoo and treatment in this line. I am so happy I did.
The shampoo in conjuction with the treatment gives me the hair I have always desired. This includes frizz-free, shiny, de-tangled, lovely waves. This product gives me just that.
The most surprising thing about this product was it's softening ability and the added benefit of making my hair REALLY SHINY! I am one happy consumer today :)
Anyone with fine frizzy hair will love this line! TRY IT DESPITE THE PRICE...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by tengyteng

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product
tried it at a friend's and boy i was blown away
my hair tend to be tangled, dry, brittle due to straightening, bleaching, colouring etc.
after using this, i have baby soft hair but i guess a lil amount will do as too much will tend to limp ur hair out and make it greasy the next day.
its sooooooooo pricy over here but its a great product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This de-frizzed and de-bouffed my dry, coarse, frequently-dyed hair a bit, but not as much as its reputation or cost led to me believe. As I had to use large quantitities of it each time I washed my hair, I also ended up finishing this much, much sooner than the Bain Oleo Relax. Unattractive packaging, but at least it was in a tub so that every last bit of expensive product could be scraped out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sardav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is like nectar in a jar for my hair, I have thick, wavy/curly hair and suffer from frizziness. This is awesome and I don't use much and only use half way through. Really works a treat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by aamelton

Truly exceptional product -- in combination with Oleo-Relax Shampoo and Elixir -- for my thick, wavy (often chaotic), single-color processed, mid-length, heavily layered hair.

I shampoo/condition my hair in the evening -- head to bed damp -- and wake up with silky, sultry bed head hair. Leaves a very minimal tactile coat of oils that not only makes my hair smell divine, but also slightly -- yet absolutely brilliantly -- tames my multiple rock-star layers. (Sort of a Chrissie Hynde meets Helena Christensen.)

No other product nor styling tool is needed.

I ogled Kerastase for a couple years before taking the leap to purchase (based on price). Now, I simply cannot do without. The difference between the Oleo-Relax line and any other is so drastic and appalling that on the very seldom occasions in the last two years that I have not used the products, my husband commented, and I quote verbatim: "Whatever you did to your hair, don't do it again. It looks like shit."

I have two years worth of back-up tubs of the shampoo, conditioner and serum in the horrifying event that they ever pull this outstanding line off the market.

I touted one other product years ago (Purology -- and I do still use the clarifying shampoo); however, nothing (and I mean nothing) has ever come close to the Oleo-Relax line. I would pay triple -- without hesitation.