Kerastase Oleo-Relax Masque

4.4

Aqua (Water), Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis / Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Methylparaben, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cl 47005 (Yellow 10), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

on 4/3/2010 7:55:00 PM

I have baby fine hair which gets weighed down easily and looks flat and limp with the wrong products. I decided to try a jar of this recently and to be honest i expected that it would be way to heavy for my hair but something made me give it a go and boy am I glad I did. The first time I tried it I blowed dried my hair after and it was so soft, swingy and bouncy, not flat or weighed down in the least but really moisturised. The next time that I used it I thought I would give it a real test and leave my hair to air dry. I've only recently started air drying as I want to grow my hair down. All I can say is the stuff passes the test with flying colours. I don't usually like my hair that much air dried but this does a fantastic job of reducing frizz and still makes my hair swingy without blow drying it! This is without doubt the best mask I have ever used. Defo HG status.

on 3/27/2010 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mask! I have a lot of thick, strong wavy hair and started going white since my early 30s :( so I have to dye my hair. The colouring made it really dehydrated, dry and frizzy. I tried quite many products but nothing helped, the frizz remained... then I tried this mask and it was unbelievable, it made my hair immediately shiny, soft, silky. I still have to use the Kerastase Oleo relax elixir in addition after this mask for beeing 100% frizz-free, but it is fantastic!!! I also love the smell. The only negative thing is the price, but it works so somehow I always collect the money :)))

on 3/23/2010 10:27:00 AM

I got a sample pot for trying out. I have to say I am not impressed and did not experience the good result like other reviews stated. It is moisturizing all right, but the result is not long lasting, maybe I should use it every day? I tried it sunday and by tuesday, my hair is fried again, I don't see the result where it should keep my thick hair straight and silky smooth. Actually, olive oil hair mask is doing a better job than this one at a much cheaper price.
But since I got the pot, I will keep using it up to see if the result changed. Anyway, I am glad I did not purchase the 500ml pot at first. continued >>

on 3/19/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wow, I have to admit that I was skeptical about this product and was wishing I had purchased something else instead (it's been sitting on my shelf for about a year!) But with that said.. after using it twice, I am a true believer. It leaves my dry, damaged hair silky and shiny and manageable. I love the smell! I leave it on for up to an hour after shampooing, conditioning and towel drying. Love the results!

on 3/13/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Probably the best mask.

on 3/7/2010 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Awsome hair mask. im lucky to have a sauna in my house so once a week i treat my hair by applying this masque, going into the sauna to 'warm it up'.. I then wrap it plastic and go on to do the housework for about 2 hours! after that.. back into the shower and rinse it out. After styling my hair is super shiney, and helathy looking like its been done at a salon. I give it 4 lippies because my ends are still a bit brittle and there are some other brands that work equally as well. Overall its a good mask and I think when all my bad ends are gone I would use it as my regular.

on 3/2/2010 8:13:00 PM

Despite the price, this is an amazing product. I am currently using the whole system including the shampoo and exilir. It has truly changed my life. My hair strands are thin but I have sooo much of it and a lot of volume. My hair is also frizzy and pouffy. When I blow dry it and/or iron it, my hair becomes very straw-like and crunchy. After using oleo relax, my hair is shiny, soft and bouncy. Pretty much it is all I ever wanted my hair to be. I still do need to style it because the frizz at the top of my hair is not completely gone, but it is more manageable and I can blow dry and straight my few inches past shoulder elnth hair in as little at 30 mins. No longer are the days that I take an hour to style my hair and yet I'm still not pleased with how it turned out. Kerastase is worth the price; it means I no longer have to feel self conscious about my hair and it takes half the time to style it.

on 1/23/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG! I just tried the Oleo Relax system (shampoo, masque, and serum) for the first time and I'm so thrilled with the results I'm posting this review immediately. I may have the world's worst hair--thick, dry, coarse, wiry, naturally wavy, but too frizzy and out of control to wear curly. I've had it chemically straightened and use a flat iron on it, but now I have fried, broken off hair that's very, very damaged. I've been using the purple Pureology line and Redken AllSoft, but the Oleo Relax blows them both out of the water. I was very hesitant about the high price, so I ordered the Oleo Relax system in sample sizes from Ebay and received it yesterday.

The Oleo Relax shampoo had a light floral (rose?) smell, that I really like, and left my hair feeling rough, and a little dry. I worried that my hair wasn't really getting clean, but I followed the directions and towel dried my hair and left the masque on for 15 minutes. When I blow-dried my hair it felt softer, but was sort of fluffy and not really smooth. The miracle didn't happen until I applied the serum to my dry hair and flat ironed. It straightened must faster and easier than usual, and it's so soft and smooth, it feels like it couldn't possibly be MY hair!

My hair is smooth, straight, shiny, and sooo soft. Plus it's feels light and swingy, not stiff at all. This is the first time I've ever achieved "salon-blowout" results at home, I may have to get a second job to afford the Kerastase line, but I'm literally blown away by the results!!

*** Update *** This masque works best as a SYSTEM with the Oleo Relax shampoo. I tried it with my regular Pureology shampoo (thinking maybe I could save some $$) and the results were not nearly as good. I've always valued conditioners more that shampoos for my hair, but this masque really does work MUCH better with its matching shampoo.

I can't decide about this. I have 2 hair types (weird right?) where the top layers are thick, coarse and wiry while the bottom layers are softer and straighter.

This masque made my bottom layers even softer and nicer to touch.

It did nothing for my coarser hair though. In fact it feels drier and more straw-like, no conditioning at all. Did nothing for the frizz or uncontrollable nature.

I won't buy it again, but it does smell nice :)

on 1/2/2010 11:45:00 AM

Whilst the shampoo from this range is too heavy for my hair, the mask is excellent!! It leaves my hair silky and shiny.
A little goes a long way and even if it is expensive it lasts a long time as a tiny amount of product is required (even on my long hair). My hair is thin and chemically treated. When I apply this product ... it goes back to life: shiny, bouncy, healthy! This is HG material.

** EDIT: I tried some other HE products (Bumble & Bumble, Frederick F) and nothing can beat this mask. BY FAR the best in the market. My hair looks healthy, revitalised and shiny. I can use it as a conditioner (apply just for a few minutes) or as an intensive treatment (20/30 minutes - hair wrapped in cling film). AMAZING! Get it on the internet for a cheaper price. In the UK you can get it through a Channel Islands based company and it is VAT free (original products and great service).

Top Rated Kerastase Products