September 22, 2014 | 1949 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kimsye

When I purchase this product I was greatly disappointed because it does not heal or anything else it just make my lips more chapped... so I will not buy it... even thought it smells great

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I love how smooth these lip butters make my lips, but when I try to put them on while my lips are chapped… they simply don’t do anything. Oh well… at least they smell good…

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I've used the almond & shea butter ones - they smell fab, but I've realised they are actually quite drying to use! Wont buy again in a hurry!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I have super dry lips that will even bleed in summer. I like the smell of the product, and there are so many choices to choose. As for its moisturizing effect, it's decent on my super dry lips. One bottle last a long time. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by juicymiambi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always buy the one with shea butter ! I love it because I have naturally really red lips, and I hate it because I have really fair skin, red lips just makes me look even more pale. The Body Shop's lip butter, I just put it on and it makes my lips a pale pink. I'm so used to putting concealer on before any lip gloss, which cakes after a while and is super annoying, so it's such a relief to have finally found something I can just put on and not worry about all day. It stays on forever, but it's not thaat moisturizing. If you need something for super dry lips, or cracked lips, you should probably get something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ilovepink82

These are really nice lip balms although I find I tend to lick them off as they smell/taste so good!

I do not use these when I have severe dry lips as I do not find these work best but on an everyday basis I really like them.

I wish they came in twist up tubes so I do not have to use my finger.

My favorite scents are grapefruit and Coconut.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I bought a couple of the butters and found them to simply sit on top of my lips and not really penetrate or moisturize at all. They also left a weird color if I used too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

Love it! It's pretty cheap and prevents chapping plus it smells so delicious too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I have the Brazil Nut and Coconut lip butters. First of all, the coconut has chunks of stuff in it. Secondly, why did the Body Shop think we would want our lips to be pasty white and gunky? It looked as if I had paper mache glue on my lips. I have to practically pry my lips apart because it's so gunky. (Okay, that was an exaggeration but you get the point.) I don't believe in wasting a product so I wore these only at night when I did not have to subject the public to my clown lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by peeweewee

I bought two of these lip butters for 14 $ total. I loved the smell however that was the only thing I loved about this product. When I put this on, it was hard to spread throughout my lips although it seemed so smooth. It dried out my lips in five minutes. I tried it again, and it did the same...this is the worst product I have ever tried. Good thing I returned it and got my money back.