The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/2/2009 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought 'Yes, Yes, Yes" which is not a permanent collection. The proceeds go to support HIV/AIDS awareness. I found this through watching a Youtube guru and I love it. I do agree that it's not that moisurizing but more of a gloss. I tried to wear instead of my balm which I wear to keep my lips moist at night but I woke up with dry lips. The fragrance is so yummy and it also tones down the color of your lips and lipsticks. I wish this was a permanent lip butter because I do love it as a gloss, not a lip treatment. Lastly, the scent is dragon fruit and would repurchase.

on 8/30/2009 12:50:00 PM

I don't really like this lip balm. My lips are well moisurised usually but this just sits on the little lines and leaves a creamy residue. Also, once it has melted (it does this quite easily) it solidifies in a lumpy mix.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Would never buy this again. The only good thing about this is that it kind of smells nice. BUT then it tastes bad, wears off in no time, does not hydrate your lips or make them soft and are too opaque. So you must use a lipstick over it. The packaging is too small so if you have a little longer nails you get a bunch of gunk under them. Stay clear of this.

on 4/22/2009 12:01:00 AM

When I purchase this product I was greatly disappointed because it does not heal or anything else it just make my lips more chapped... so I will not buy it... even thought it smells great

on 4/18/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love how smooth these lip butters make my lips, but when I try to put them on while my lips are chapped… they simply don’t do anything. Oh well… at least they smell good…

I've used the almond & shea butter ones - they smell fab, but I've realised they are actually quite drying to use! Wont buy again in a hurry!

I have super dry lips that will even bleed in summer. I like the smell of the product, and there are so many choices to choose. As for its moisturizing effect, it's decent on my super dry lips. One bottle last a long time. Will repurchase.

on 1/14/2009 2:15:00 PM

I always buy the one with shea butter ! I love it because I have naturally really red lips, and I hate it because I have really fair skin, red lips just makes me look even more pale. The Body Shop's lip butter, I just put it on and it makes my lips a pale pink. I'm so used to putting concealer on before any lip gloss, which cakes after a while and is super annoying, so it's such a relief to have finally found something I can just put on and not worry about all day. It stays on forever, but it's not thaat moisturizing. If you need something for super dry lips, or cracked lips, you should probably get something else.

on 11/29/2008 6:36:00 PM

These are really nice lip balms although I find I tend to lick them off as they smell/taste so good!

I do not use these when I have severe dry lips as I do not find these work best but on an everyday basis I really like them.

I wish they came in twist up tubes so I do not have to use my finger.

My favorite scents are grapefruit and Coconut.

on 11/7/2008 2:45:00 AM

I bought a couple of the butters and found them to simply sit on top of my lips and not really penetrate or moisturize at all. They also left a weird color if I used too much.

Popular Lip Treatments