MAC Lip Conditioner

4.2

Petrolatum, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cholesterol, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables, Castor Seed Oil, Squalane, Silica, Vanillin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Yellow 10 Lake

on 2/28/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

definitely a favorite so smoothing and so lightweight...i never need to buy another kind!

on 2/20/2011 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The weather in Florida is ever changing. My lips have taken a beating! I had found myself sometimes in the middle of the night biting my lips, rubbing my lips, or woke up peeling my lips! Nothing over the counter was working as far as lip treatments or gloss. It would chunk up, leave white lines, or get on my teeth. In came the MAC conditioner! A soft taste of vanilla so no chemical taste..and goes on so smooth. A little goes a long way! In TWO DAYS the cracking and CUT on my lip from peeling was gone! No more burning and no more unkissable lips! This has been a life saver! It is a little pricy but lasts quite some time! I only wish I could get my hands on the little tester sponge brushes they use at the Mac Counter so I was not using my fingers..but otherwise it is pure perfection for dry, cracked, and peeling lips! As well...color goes on great over it!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a good balm to use before applying a drying lip product such as a matte lipstick. I gave it 4 stars because it does not work immediately on flaky lips (ew I know) but it works well for keeping lips from becoming that way in the 1st place. I brought the lavender scented one from the Cham Pale collection; the none tinted one just FYI.

on 2/15/2011 1:20:00 AM

I realized that I have been neglecting my lips for a long time now, so I went ahead and got the MAC lip moisturizing stick. The packaging is beautiful and chic. I don't love the smell (a bit too perfume-y) but I don't hate it too. It's tolerable. I guess my only gripe is that it's not very moisturizing. I remember having terribly dry lips while watching a movie and all through out the 2 hours, I must have re-applied at least 6 times! Usually, when using lip moisturizers, especially something as pricey as this, I expect that a little goes a long way. But, don't get me wrong.. it wasn't drying.. just not as moisturizing as I hoped it would be.

I probably wouldn't get this product again, because it's way too expensive, and I can probably get something better and cheaper.

on 1/25/2011 12:40:00 AM

I will buy this product again and again and again.
The texture of my lips while wearing this lip conditioner and even after it's worn off is incredible. Silky satin smooth. I love it.
Also impressive is the fragrance...there's a very gentle vanilla smell to it and you can also smell the lavender. This product has become an essential to my every day skin routine.

on 12/26/2010 9:21:00 PM

I have this untinted lip conditioner in both the pot and swivel stick form (both of which I obtained through swapping). The swivel stick is a lot more convenient than the pot for applying.

The pot form is very vanilla-y scented and has a taste on my lips I cannot describe, but I do like it better than the stick.

The stick seems to be plain in both smell and taste.

I don't know if the stick is older (when it was first purchased until when it was swapped) and the pot is newer, but I do like the item either way.

on 12/21/2010 3:13:00 PM

I love this lip conditioer from MAC. Its the first lip conditioner that I have tried that does not have that tingling sensation. I dislike those, and they make my lips itch. Mac,lip conditioner is the best I have ever tried. Great Vanilla sent. I will buy this again and again. :D

on 12/21/2010 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this lip conditioner! It's the first one I've found that really moisturizes my lips, and keeps them nice and soft during the winter. I love the smell of this...it does have a vanilla scent, but it's more of a sweet frosting, which I love! I use it once in the morning, and then once at night to keep my lips soft all day and night. Will definitely repurchase!

on 12/21/2010 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Smells good. Tastes okay. A GREAT lip conditioner. Some have commented on "flaking" lips. On me at least I have noticed that my lips are not "flaking" but the dry skin (that is dead) is becoming pliable enough to remove. A quick brushing with a toothbrush will remedy that problem. Hope you ladies enjoy.

on 12/12/2010 10:21:00 AM

I have very dry lips during the winter time. I always need to cake on different kinds of lip balms or Vaseline to keep my lips from drying.

Last year, I decided to purchase this lip conditioner based on the reviews here. I have used it for a year. This is what I think of this product.

It is quite moisturizing, but not better than Vaseline. More importantly, as soon as I stop using it, my lips would start to peel again, which happens to all other lip products I have used so far. It does have a vanilla taste, which I am not crazy about. I find it too strong and sweet.

For someone who is looking for a relatively moisturizing lip conditioner and likes the vanilla scent, this lip conditioner might be a good choice.

Would I purchase this again? Definitely not. I am hoping to find something that will work better than Vaseline and Mac's lip conditioner is not the one.

Popular Lip Treatments