October 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by andreadianca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cover my dark scar because of acne. I found this concealers is good from sasa singapore,the sales said that if I bought 1 piece of this,she will teach me how to use it properly without looking cakey. And I glad I did that! For my everyday look I just simply dab it using my MAC concealer brush and 'paint' over the trouble area. I think that if you know the trick,you can do full coverage makeup,but since I'm still in high school I just need to reduce my dark acne scars,make the acne less obvious and make my skintone more even.
The price quite reasonable since it really last me for ages, the container seems dirt cheap but consider that the concealing effect is good,I don't really mind the packaging.

Will buy it again? DEFINETELY :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by calitrendy05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

great concealer!covers my under eye circles and acne scars. its not super creamy. this product is not for dry skin itll look cakey. it doesnt last all day, tends to wear out, but most makeup do. this would be great for normal, combo, and oily skin. the packaging is ok it looks kinda cheap but oh well its the product that counts. this lasted me a longgggg time! almost a year. would def purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have dark pigmented post acne spots and drugstore concealer just never seems to cover and then when I was browsing through a clothing boutique a cross the street from where I was working that time I found this little gem. That was 3 years ago, I tried using other concealer but I always came back to this one. I've never used this for undereye concealing because I prefer liquid type concealer for that. I will repurchase again and again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finally I plunged in and ordered this online at Sephora, since its so hard to find in stores. I was skeptical because of color match, I'm a NC25 and found the Medium (as MUA recommended) matched best, which is surprising as I usual go with the Light shade. It might be a tad darker but its yellow toned, vs the light which I have read to have pink undertones. I love the consistency of this concealer, its veryy light weight, super thin yet concentrated to give an opaque hidden effect. It works well on blemishes/freckles/acne spots/hyper-pigmentation etc. But I cant say its ideal for under-eyes. Contrary to the phenomenal mentions of it nOt settling in fine lines, it does. I'm 25 & have average wrinkles. Yes this is one of the l-e-a-s-t obvious looking, settling concealers, but it still does. TheBalm is not to blame because I don't think there is a crease-free concealer out there, as I have tried dozenss. I have learned to prime, conceal, powder, mist setting spray & dab with a fluffy brush at the end to keep it at bay all day. Will I repurchase ? NO. There is a much more affordable & accessible DUPE for the consistency & concealing effect of this one and its NYX CONCEALER IN A JAR for $5 for 0.25oz vs this for $18 for 0.25oz. I kid you not, its the same formula, I haven't found a match for my skintone, but Beige does a fair job under my eyes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer! I have been using this for over two years now and I just love it to bits and pieces! I am fortunate enough to not have any issues with dark undereye circles but instead I use it to even out my skintone and conceal redness or random spots that may have cropped up. It is very creamy and soft and melts instantly upon contact with your skin (whether it's your finger sliding across the surface of the contents within the pot or actually applying it onto the skin of your face). It covers everything you want/need it to cover pretty darn well. It *can* go on sheer but of course you can always build up the application to make it more opaque as desired. I have not had any need to look for another concealer because this one is extremely efficient at what it does. I believe sephora.com is in the process of phasing out this concealer from their online inventory (*cries*) because the shade I use went out of stock just after the VIB sale that took place two months ago and instead of being restocked it is no longer even listed as a shade option. GRRR! I hope TheBalm doesn't go out of business for a long time to come and that they never even so much as think about discontinuing this product. 5 stars, easily! Very, very highly recommended for anyone who has something she wants/needs to conceal on her face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mistywarden

After years of struggling with disappointing drugstore concealers and caking on extra foundation over blemishes I have seen the (lighter than) light! LOVE this concealer more than I can describe. Under my eyes this is amazing, just tap it on with my finger, rubbing seems to not work as well, either over or under foundation depending on my mood. Very creamy, light scent of something I can't quite put my finger on but can't smell unless my nose is in the pot so it doesn't bother me.

Side note: who wears any kind of makeup to bed?! This is not a night cream no matter what the fine print on the back of the pot says. Be smart, guys.

I don't know what the drama is about the cheap packaging, honestly you have to dip your finger or brush or whatever into any cream concealer since even Bobbi Brown, MAC, and Laura Mercier come in a pot that's just heavier plastic. I make sure to wash my hands and face before applying makeup and I only use it on myself and spray the top periodically with alcohol anyway. It does start to look rather oily on the surface after a few uses but does not separate like some tube liquid concealers I've had before.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by WistfulRouge

First and foremost, i loved this. sure, there are a little bit of problems here and there, but doesnt every product? anyways, reasons why i liked this was that it has great coverage. it isnt awful and sheer, like every other concealer i own. the thing i look out for the most with okay-good coverage concealers, is if it's cakey and accentuates dry skin under your eyes. i havent tried this anywhere else but under my eyes. i have really dark undereye circles, sadly it runs in the family, and i can barely cover them up most of the time. this does the job. it doesnt make my undereyes look pale or discoloured from the rest of my face, either. i purchased the mid-medium shade. it does crease here and there, but not too badly. for me, it does last okay though. the only thing i would like to be different about this, is i probably would like this a bit less greasy. it is creamy when applied, but you absolutely have to put on a setting powder. i would rather use a concealer daily that i could reapply throughout the day without needing anything else. but all in all, i loved this. 4 lippies!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by biliboong

I did a gigantic review of this on my blog, so I'll try to keep it short here.

I don't like this product. I have very bad under eye circles and have had bad luck with pretty much every concealer I tried. The reviews on this were so good, I just had to try it when I saw it in a complexion kit at TJ Maxx. It was in the shade Light. First of all, it's orange on me and I'm about NW-15 to NW20. I've read people of similar colouring say even Light-Medium matched them perfectly, like wut. It was too dark on me. Made me look dirty.

It didn't cover at all. It was worse than Erase Paste. Dried down into a yucky powdery finish.

The product was creamy, yes.
The product was easy to blend, yes.
But it's a crappy product, imo.

What a shame. I love theBalm products.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by itsjenna007

I'm not sure if some people got bad ones, but mine was just fine. The one I have is actually very creamy. I like this one better then mac studio finish concealer, which I find to be way more dry. The color I have is 'light' and almost looks like my NW20 select cover up concealer. The only think I don't like is the packaging. It's very cheap and looks like a 10 cent container. I am not the type to buy products based on whether or not I like the packaging though, as long as it is still easy to use and the product itself is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by catherinegosselin

Alright so here's the deal. Dark circles run in my family, big time. I've tried pretty much every concealer on the face of the earth to cover them, and none of them seemed to do the trick. I tried the Benefit Erase Paste and found it worked more on blemishes than dark circles. Then I found this. I paid 23$ and was it ever worth it. I've had it for a little over two weeks and it makes my circles disappear completely. It starts off very thick, but you're supposed to warm it up on your fingers or the back of your hand, then it glides wonderfully. I'm not the kind of person to buy higher-than-drugstore brands often as I don't normally need them, but I would pay 23$ again for this one. I don't really care for the packaging. If they make it this simple and it saves me money, good enough. Very good product if you use it well.